Order's mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Order's mod

Post by SGTscuba »

I am planning on editing the orders.csv to add some new orders/edit some old ones so that we have more options available. As I recall you do not have to rebuild the cache to use the new orders as they are loaded from the the spreadsheet everytime to game is loaded (as I plan to use the same name for orders.csv).

No timeframe for release. Going to make them and try them out myself (and maybe a few others) before release.

Planned edits:

- Planes can load into cargo (of ships and perhaps larger cargo trucks) so they can be moved long distance even if you have a short range plane. Yes this has been done by some people, but I am going to include it anyway.

- An order (as I suggested elsewhere) that when you have a bomb loaded on board a bomber (thats a missile bomb or freefall bomb/nuke) the bomber will take off/ move to within launch range then drop the weapon on the enemy. This will make it much easier to use nukes for nations that do not have strat reserve access.

- Ships loading into cargo of other ships, this would be ideal for moving around your little patrol boats to the other side of the world, or you other small, short ranged vessels as well.

Any other suggestions for possible orders are welcome and I will have a go at making them (and release them if they work good enough/ aren't exploits).

Updated 16/9/2011 with new order

First release is out. Get it here or via Fistallis's site (thank you for hosting)

Has the loading order modded to allow anything within the size to load within a unit with the right space and the missile order which moves bomber to target, then drops the missile.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28062918/Order%27s%20Mod.rar
Last edited by SGTscuba on Sep 29 2011, edited 4 times in total.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: sgtscuba's Order's mod

Post by Fistalis »

Just want to note that mods that replace the default files will effect every mod and scenario. (until i get bug reports caused by other peoples mods then I end up creating a custom file that is only used in my mod :lol: )

If you need help setting up a scenario file to use custom orders rather than overwriting the original file let me know. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Will do if I change my mind, but I think just overwriting the original will be fine (because people are smart enough to back the old one up) as it is only new orders not a new scenario.

Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SGTscuba wrote:Will do if I change my mind, but I think just overwriting the original will be fine (because people are smart enough to back the old one up) as it is only new orders not a new scenario.
Yup only brought it up because i've seen people use mods like this(ones that overwrite the files rather than using a custom file) then report issues caused by them in my mods. :wink:

To which my response is to get pissed and have to do a custom file for my mod so overwrite mods like these don't effect my mod. :lol:

So I guess i'll just do a preemptive strike and include a custom orders file in my next version update. :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I could always supply you with the new orders so you can include them in your mod if you want. (provided I get the credits for the edited orders obviously)

trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

Is it even possible to add new orders? thought only the existing ones could be changed, could be wrong though. :D
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

It's possible, you just have to know what you are doing :-)

I did an edit to orders for 2010 and added 1 or two new ones, and reactivated (and got to work) some of the ones that are in there, but that are not active for various reasons.

SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Managed to get the planes and ships to load into other vessels. Also managed to get the missile order to work, planes will now fly to the target hex and fire missiles at it / any units in the hex. Tried with bullpup missiles and a thunder jet, will do a few more tests with just this, then I will try it with a nuke as soon as I have one available.

SGTscuba
General

Re: Order's mod

Post by SGTscuba »

Released the first version of the orders mod.

trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

What's in the first version? Loading planes as cargo and that missile order?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

yes, loading and move to target area to fire missile order.

trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

Ok, already modded the transporting of planes in my game, think i'll download yours and have a look at that missile order see how it works for me. :-)
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

Fistalis wrote:
SGTscuba wrote:Will do if I change my mind, but I think just overwriting the original will be fine (because people are smart enough to back the old one up) as it is only new orders not a new scenario.
Yup only brought it up because i've seen people use mods like this(ones that overwrite the files rather than using a custom file) then report issues caused by them in my mods. :wink:

To which my response is to get pissed and have to do a custom file for my mod so overwrite mods like these don't effect my mod. :lol:

So I guess i'll just do a preemptive strike and include a custom orders file in my next version update. :D
one good thing about steam is you just hit verify integrity cache or whatever and it restores all default files. sure reinstalling it doesn't take much time as well
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

SGTscuba wrote:Managed to get the planes and ships to load into other vessels.
What do you mean by ships loading into other vessels? And overall what can load into what? A plane into a larger plane? A ship into a plane? A plane into a truck?

You can understand my confusion here. So basically what I am asking is what are the limitations with this mod?
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Will the AI load planes into transports and move them around?

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”