Mod Request - World War II

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

NRose97
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Mod Request - World War II

Post by NRose97 »

Hey,

Is there anybody who would be willing to, or able to create a World War II Scenario.

-Thanks
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Re: Mod Request - World War II

Post by Overlord »

Get Hearts of Iron III, best WW2 grand strategy game there is.
Overlord
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Overlord wrote:Get Hearts of Iron III, best WW2 grand strategy game there is.
Do you think it can run on a Netbook? Cold War can.
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Post by Overlord »

I don't know, I never played on a Netbook, but the system requirements are similar.
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/hearts-of-iron-iii
Overlord
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Thanks, I'll try and find out... I still think a WWII Mod would be cool though :P
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

who knows, maybe a few of us will get together and make it, and make it so you can keep the later units so it extends the game by about 10 years.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

A world wear 2 scenario, right after D-Day. Except in this mod D-Day fails :D
sugarkane
Lieutenant

Post by sugarkane »

I would like to see efforts to providing more flavour for the current version. There is a lot of potential to make a truly great mod here. Better yet all the core stuff is there already. A lot of stuff went down in the cold war, there are thousands of opportunities during this era to mix things up a bit, veering from the historical.
Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair

George Burns
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

A suggestion would be to use a 1944 or 1945, if only because there were some Unit design limits when unit types were put into the game, and while a high percentage of ground (LAND) and air units were finished and included in SR-cW, there remained a large number of Naval units that are not included - that will likely come with Updates.

For example, most game patrol craft - one exception being the widely available Fairmile HDML design - are "generic" as PC Patrol.
Players might want to get the range of PCs expanded. Also, such older ships as the American, British, Free French heavy cruisers and battleships are not currently in the game, and if the scenario is post-Normandy, they would be essential.

But, consider also waiting a couple more years...if you notice, Goat's are going 'backwards' in their games - from 2020, 2010,
SR-CW (1949).....how can on not think they will not have a post-WW One game in the future?

In the meantime, the idea would creating a WW2 scenario is interesting - but there are so many more potential Scenario's for CW that it seems a big diversion.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:
But, consider also waiting a couple more years...if you notice, Goat's are going 'backwards' in their games - from 2020, 2010,
SR-CW (1949).....how can on not think they will not have a post-WW One game in the future?
Actually. 2010 came first. 2020 is the second in the series and CW is the third. (they are just hopping around to whatever they feel like doing :wink: )
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Fistalis wrote:
geminif4ucorsair wrote:
Actually. 2010 came first. 2020 is the second in the series and CW is the third. (they are just hopping around to whatever they feel like doing :wink: )
Oops...that was a typo only (aware of the sequence), but should add that 2010 was an outgrowth of the earlier Supreme Ruler design, so I really don't count it fully.
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

how about a game starting in 1933 with Hitler getting into power? No idea how hard it would be to mod this, but I would definitely buy an expansion or new supreme ruler game starting there. Love this format compared to HOI. I've only played the hearts of iron demo but i just find supreme ruler cold war's interface and gameplay much smoother. WW2 would be awesome if someone could do it.
warhead
Captain

Post by warhead »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:.

I would buy that in a heartbeat :-). I'd want the interface to be the same as cold war's. I have played 2020 a little but I played CW first and I find the 2020 interface to be too much on the ministers.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

warhead wrote:how about a game starting in 1933 with Hitler getting into power? No idea how hard it would be to mod this, but I would definitely buy an expansion or new supreme ruler game starting there. Love this format compared to HOI. I've only played the hearts of iron demo but i just find supreme ruler cold war's interface and gameplay much smoother. WW2 would be awesome if someone could do it.
Hardest part would be research. Assigning stats to units, where the borders were, what techs/unit designs were possessed by what countries on the starting date, the dates each country joined the war etc. You get that out the way the modding is pretty much just data entry. :wink:

For instance on my modern world mod i probably spend a 40 40 10 10 ratio .. 40% doing the actual modding, 40% researching 10% figuring out ways to implement things that weren't intended and 10% fixing mistakes. :D

To be honest I think the WW2 scenario is played out so couldn't stomach doing the research for it.. but if someone wants to provide me with the info i'll mod it in. :lol: (of course if you take the time to come up with the data points you may as well mod it yourself at that point)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
LordCrusader8
Warrant Officer

Post by LordCrusader8 »

Hearts of iron III sucks though i flipping hate that series
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Return to “Modding SRCW”