Free Quebec! -It's up!

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

LeonTrotsky
Colonel
Human: Yes

Free Quebec! -It's up!

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Version 1.1: Added Kashmir and Kurdistan
-Kurdistan unplayable at the moment
-Added cold war leaders and events
-Added better relations with Canada

Alright. It's up. Version 1.0 of Free Quebec!

http://www.mediafire.com/?bj5ipl5bm4c3lqw
Last edited by LeonTrotsky on Aug 18 2011, edited 2 times in total.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Re: Free Quebec!

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Yeah. I must really suck cause I feel like I am stumbling around like a sick horse.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Fogsight
Warrant Officer

Post by Fogsight »

LeonTrotsky wrote:I am assuming on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being creating the game what I am about to do is a 1?
On a scale 1 to 10 in this case is about < 0.1. You just shuffling already organized data around. If I were to create something even resembling this game on the simplest engine I know, Unity, I would spend at least few month just coding it. And even more on optimizing the code and bug hunting.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Lol. I think I am getting close. There just aren't any good guides. Everything I've read just isn't helping me. So I just backed up my game and am experimenting. Trying to learn how to create regions. Once I start mastering it my overall plan is to create an alternate 1949 where Nazi Germany won, but didn't fully take the USSR.
-Leon Trotsky
Fogsight
Warrant Officer

Post by Fogsight »

You are limited to existing regions here, but you have freedom to reorganize them, take a look at Modern World Scenario by Fistalis you can learn how he does that.

Simulating Germany almost taking USSR could be done by setting bad relations for them and giving Germany additional units at the start of the game with limited economy, so it will have units for a big push, but not enough to repair them. Eventually USSR will push them back.

Also this can be achieved with events, wiki has details.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Well I just screwed something up.... All my names of countries disappeared from every game type.
-Leon Trotsky
Fogsight
Warrant Officer

Post by Fogsight »

Always create backups, use something like Notepad ++ to compare with original to spot mistakes with format.

Also take note what Encoding files use, for example DEFAULT.UNIT uses ANSI and if you save as unicode game won't eat it and caching will interrupt prematurely, you can guess how I know that...

Btw you can edit UNIT file with something like open office calc, just paste the whole thing(I've had errors trying to open straight up), then save as text, then remove all extra " along with original existed it will work fine.

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Equipment_Data here you will find example EQUIPLIST.zip with columns explained.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Sweeet. Haha, I fixed my mistake with killing all the names on whatever game type. I keep getting better. I'm using the US Crisis mod files and Modern World files as reference as well as the orig Cold War files.
-Leon Trotsky
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

I don't even really care about giving them Units yet. I am still working on making them playable. I have it to where no nation shows up in my scenario menu. I know I am close though. I just have to figure out how to make them playable...
-Leon Trotsky
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

This is how far I am so far. Everytime I start it sends me back to main menu. But I'm making progress....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Leon Trotsky
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Lol. I think I am getting close. There just aren't any good guides. Everything I've read just isn't helping me. So I just backed up my game and am experimenting. Trying to learn how to create regions. Once I start mastering it my overall plan is to create an alternate 1949 where Nazi Germany won, but didn't fully take the USSR.
Great idea!! :D
NRose97
Lieutenant

Re: Free Quebec! -It's up!

Post by NRose97 »

Btw, I'm not sure if this an error, or if this is how you meant to have it. When I go to launch the custom scenario, it says Quebec has a population of something around 2 million, and Canada only has a population of around 7 million. Shouldn't the population of Canada be higher then that?
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

I don't think so. Quebec takes a nice chunk of population. The game told me how much to put in. So I'll double check but I think it's right.... Though I do get what your saying. :lol:
-Leon Trotsky
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

You can just look at what the population of Canada was before you added Quebec, and this mod... Then subtract the population of Quebec from the population of Canada in the regular campaign.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Right. I know it doesn't add up. But the game was the one who set the population for the mod. I'm not sure why it adds up.
-Leon Trotsky

Return to “Modding SRCW”