Ruges CW Mod V1.0

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Ruges CW Mod V1.0

Post by Ruges »

Made you look. No I dont have a mod yet. wanna play a few games first. But figured I would reserve my spot here.

However I did do a very quick look over some files. I am very suprized BG did not add more for the mod side of the game. Really it looks like 2020, just with a CW facelift. body is still all the same. I had really hoped they would have brought some more features frontside. At anyrate Soon as I get some free time will defenatly get a few good games in.
Jonny712
Private

Re: Ruges CW Mod V1.0

Post by Jonny712 »

Great to hear that you're working on it
LeonTrotsky
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Can't wait. You make some good stuff.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Acualy I am not even working on it. Its a long ways off for me. I am still working on 2020's V4 mod. Then I have a special project after that. ZOMBIES, I have a cool idea for making a world war Z mod, and I believe I know how todo it now.
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Nice! Well I play 2020 as well so I'm psyched for that too.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Post by comrade.seawolf »

Ruges wrote:Acualy I am not even working on it. Its a long ways off for me. I am still working on 2020's V4 mod. Then I have a special project after that. ZOMBIES, I have a cool idea for making a world war Z mod, and I believe I know how todo it now.
Any spoilers you'd like to share about how you plan on programing them to create more zombies, hunt targets, ect?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Not sharing till I release it.
mr.playa
Lieutenant

Post by mr.playa »

you really know how to break a nerve
with hopes of an update soon :)
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Ruges wrote:Made you look. No I dont have a mod yet. wanna play a few games first. But figured I would reserve my spot here.

However I did do a very quick look over some files. I am very suprized BG did not add more for the mod side of the game. Really it looks like 2020, just with a CW facelift. body is still all the same. I had really hoped they would have brought some more features frontside. At anyrate Soon as I get some free time will defenatly get a few good games in.

I hate you...

P.s. Can we have some really end game units added in? For when a laser bomber just wont do for an Israel in 2100!

In fact is there any chance you could just work on updating your 2020 mod to work with CW? Would be amazing to have all that content added to the game... Hell if I was the developers I would just round up a few of the best mods from GC/2020 and, after getting permission to include them in official updates, spend a small amount of time making them compatible. Would add a ton of content to the game with a much smaller amount of effort and time! Just a thought!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Well I am about 15 hours into the making of Ruges Zombie Mod. Ran threw my first test cache tonight and was funny watching all the countries as the zombie epidemic spread threw there country.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ruges wrote:Well I am about 15 hours into the making of Ruges Zombie Mod. Ran threw my first test cache tonight and was funny watching all the countries as the zombie epidemic spread threw there country.
any ETA of the mod? :-) and do you still intend to do CW mod?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I would have to give an ETA of 2012. Might even see it this month or even earlier. I have not spent that much tme on it, but it is going very quickly. So much work is already done, and at this rate I could have a beta testable build this week. And with all the core parts of the mod done by then all that would be left is news items to add flavor.

As for a CW 2020 mod, I dont know, I mean thats allot of work. hundreds and hundreds of manhours nearing the thousands. Plus everyone would hate me when I increased the build times. But I am not going to say no. there might come a point when I want more out of the game. and the only way to get that is to do it myself.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Ruges wrote:I would have to give an ETA of 2012. Might even see it this month or even earlier. I have not spent that much tme on it, but it is going very quickly. So much work is already done, and at this rate I could have a beta testable build this week. And with all the core parts of the mod done by then all that would be left is news items to add flavor.

As for a CW 2020 mod, I dont know, I mean thats allot of work. hundreds and hundreds of manhours nearing the thousands. Plus everyone would hate me when I increased the build times. But I am not going to say no. there might come a point when I want more out of the game. and the only way to get that is to do it myself.
people always find something to complain about. Mod what you want.. people should be happy your willing to share your hard work regardless. :wink:

I can't speak for you but personally I mod for myself and just share the end result, which is something a large number of people don't get.

Selfishly I want to see a CW version of your mod so people will stop bugging me to implement X Y or Z because they had it in your 2020 mod. :D
Last edited by Fistalis on Mar 18 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ruges wrote:As for a CW 2020 mod, I dont know, I mean thats allot of work. hundreds and hundreds of manhours nearing the thousands. Plus everyone would hate me when I increased the build times. But I am not going to say no. there might come a point when I want more out of the game. and the only way to get that is to do it myself.
I was one of those that didn't like the build times in SR2020 since especially your mod was not intended to be played over 10-15 in game years (at least my impression) but the CW should have some of the building times prolonged (personally, I would increase build time of nuclear power plants at least to a year but I would also drastically increase the output of that plant as current amounts are hilarious :evil: )
Anyway, good to hear the idea is not totally scraped :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

So I have been having some problems with this mod latily geting allot of crashes with it. I think I have it narrowed down to runing out of memory, Its like once you get so many city destroyed/base captured messages on the board it tends to crash. Anyways just wondering if anyone else is exsperiencing situations like this?

Return to “Modding SRCW”