Modding Q/A thread

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Modding Q/A thread

Post by Fistalis »

Any specific modding questions people have can be put here so we have a single place with common questions compiled instead of 500 threads and praying the search function works :wink:

Note this is not meant to be a step by step on how to build a mod.. so keep your questions specific please

Helpful Links - please check these references before you ask a question.. alot of information is covered in these
Some of the links below were made for sr2020 but most of the information still applies. Notable difference is the change in region codes.

Cold war Region Codes
Step by step on adding a country
SR CW Modding wiki I'm still updating this but alot of the information is the same from 2020
Ruges Guide to the AI req response system -thanks Pete
New event codes new event codes completed and on the CW wiki
Unit file in Spreadsheet format with headers
(if anyone comes across an old post that they find useful to modding please let me know i'll update the link list)

Jeremiah87 wrote:Also, how simple would it be to change a parent colony from one country to another? For example making kuwait a different countries colony
One change in the CVP (Parentregion) and a recache.(far as i have found theres no way to set a nation as a colony in an override)

(btw this will either get stickied or i will shamelessly bump it so people can find it :lol: )
Last edited by Fistalis on Mar 23 2013, edited 17 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Pete
Lieutenant

Re: Modding Q/A thread

Post by Pete »

Good idea. Here's Ruges explaining the AI Response system:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... EQRESPONSE
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

stephen wrote:How do you mod diplomatic relations and treaties between countries
Pete wrote:Here's the link:
http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Map_.CSV_Data

It's all under "&&CVPREL"
But if you've got SR2020, look at the various scenario's scenario files. The examples make it pretty clear. Ruges mod is a good one.
One modifier missing from that list is the treaty "-1," that's war.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

pitchblack wrote:I did this in SR2020, but forgot which file it lives. how do you change the standard number of units in a battlion.. example M-1 Abrams the default build size is 54, but somewhere you can change it.. I don't think it's the Default.Unit as that is the size for the OOB deployment.
any help would be appreciated.
B

OOB files are simply the database of units that exist in the world at the start of the game.. the default.unit file is what controls the actual stats of units.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

BigWolf wrote:I believe pitchblack is asking about the battalion stengths, which is controlled with default.wmdata (2nd line, starting with battstrdefault)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

BigWolf wrote:
BigWolf wrote:I believe pitchblack is asking about the battalion stengths, which is controlled with default.wmdata (2nd line, starting with battstrdefault)

Edit: apparently this is what he was asking about.. guess i read the question wrong.(worldmarket file is a strange place for any unit modifications.. wtf BG lol)
Guggy
Sergeant

Post by Guggy »

Its been... years since I've modded SR2020 at all. Can anyone guide me through creating a new Defaultunits.csv (I think it was called) file for Cold War? Or is it the same procedure?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Guggy wrote:Its been... years since I've modded SR2020 at all. Can anyone guide me through creating a new Defaultunits.csv (I think it was called) file for Cold War? Or is it the same procedure?
same procedure.. 90% of the stuff is the same as in sr 2020. the other 10% are new features added to the same old files.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Can we create events that produce units out of thin air based on tech research?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Chesehead wrote:Can we create events that produce units out of thin air based on tech research?
Yes to events that create units out of thin air.
Not sure exactly what you mean by the second part but chances are the answer is no. :lol:
Guggy
Sergeant

Post by Guggy »

Superb, ty for the reply. Is there any way to get a proper header file for use with defaultunit? I've just been opening up the one on Supremewiki and comparing it to the header in Cold War's :(
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Guggy wrote:Superb, ty for the reply. Is there any way to get a proper header file for use with defaultunit? I've just been opening up the one on Supremewiki and comparing it to the header in Cold War's :(
not that i know of at this time, tbh i haven't really messed with units out side of copy/paste and modifying specific stats.. are there new columns? (hey look i answered a question with a question :D )
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Fistalis wrote:
Chesehead wrote:Can we create events that produce units out of thin air based on tech research?
Not sure exactly what you mean by the second part but chances are the answer is no. :lol:
I wanto to simulate the Emergency capability weapons the US had through in-game events. As soon as a certain tech/bomb desighn is researched, they'll get a couple of EC -model number warheads for use on their strat bombers.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Chesehead wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
I wanto to simulate the Emergency capability weapons the US had through in-game events. As soon as a certain tech/bomb desighn is researched, they'll get a couple of EC -model number warheads for use on their strat bombers.
No. The only trigger we can set on events is Time.( the trigger on events is always time.. you can randomize or make a specific time but thats about as much as you can do)
Last edited by Fistalis on Aug 02 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

OK. Maybe hope in the expansion for more options then.

Return to “Modding SRCW”