New events info request

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Pete
Lieutenant

New events info request

Post by Pete »

The old events list (www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Custom_Events) ID #'s stoped at 17, but I can see in the new campaign 's scenario file ID's going up to 37.
What do they all do and what are their parameters?
Some are pretty obvious, creating buildings and many seem to be tied to special news items, but some are quite interesting. I believe I see new modding oppurtunities. Even if you don't have a pretty Excel sheet available, some raw notes would be useful.
Thanks.
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: New events info request

Post by Fistalis »

18 makes a nation declare independence.

2880, 0, 18, 556, 2997, 2989, False, False, False, False, False, , , , , , , , ,

In that one nation 2997(texas) declares independence from nation 2989(the U.S.). and 556 is the independence news item message.
(taken directly from my U.S. crisis Mod)

19 causes a coup de tat.

2880, 0, 19, , 2997, 2989, False, False, False, False, False, , , , , , , , ,

That would cause a coup de tat in texas organized by the U.S. (hope i dont have the 2 places mixed up)

34 tells a nation to build a structure
The bread and butter of this one is that it can be used to get the AI to build new Complexes on empty hexes.

1440, , 34, 21201, 916, -1, False, False, False, True, False, , , 1254, 250, , , , ,

34 is the event code 21201 is the building (barracks in this case) 916 is the nation. 1254,250 is the location.
(taken from my Modern world mod) Note that in this example i'm building a barracks on a pre-existing complex

Haven't dug through all the files to figure out any more of them.

(the clues are all there you just gotta be willing to dig. Grab an event number check the message number it gives in the default files and find it in the text files and you should have and idea of what that event does)

Although alot of them don't come with messages so I agree a little enlightenment would be nice :wink:

All of them have been listed on the wiki now.. thanks to BG for providing the info for us to share with the community. 8O
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Modding SRCW”