north vietnam scenario, what is it purpose?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

ange10
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

north vietnam scenario, what is it purpose?

Post by ange10 »

It told me to capture the capital so i moved my guerrilla forces and captured it and won the scenario within the first 5mins of starting the game.

am i meant to do that?
Legend
General

Re: north vietnam scenario, what is it purpose?

Post by Legend »

Try it again and run time for a game day or so... Then move in units. French troops are on the way. I think we'll be making a slight change in our first update.
stuguy909
Colonel

Post by stuguy909 »

lol...
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Actually the Viet Minh guerrilla units should not all be grouped as they are....on two battalions were in control of the Lang Son
region - small city is not on map.

Both other battalions should be elsewhere, including one up the Red River valley, just below the Chinese border.

The only really strange thing about the scenario is that it does not include the village of Dien Bien Phu.

While the French naval units were not fully worked out at time of cut-off, they should include some Landing Craft Utility.
The game also lacks other Pacific-based French colonial corvettes / light frigates, which rotated between Indo-China, New Caledonia, and Fiji. The French routinely also had a couple Civilian transports, used to rotate troops into and back to France.

Maybe they will get picked up in an Update.

Return to “Modding SRCW”