Iraq AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jolly_duck
Corporal
Human: Yes

Iraq AAR

Post by Jolly_duck »

Evening all - I bought SRCW recently after seeing 1936 advertised on steam, been having quite a lot of fun with it so far, even if it's got one hell of a learning curve (cliff).
After Action Reports seem fun, so I figure I'll give it a shot. This is my 6th attempt at starting (after trying Finland, Poland, Iceland, Australia) and seems to be quite a good one to get started with so hopefully I'll continue this next time I play.
(I suppose I should state now I'm playing Vanilla, 7.3.7. with no starting military units)

First off I'll start with this photo - Err, whats up with this? Doesn't seem to work with every "gimmi $100M for any deal at all" trick but it helped me with this.

11 Oct Anywho, my first priority was getting some industrial goods running, as Iraq doesnt seem to start with many factories.

Next up I started building an army with Cavalry recon and some normal infantry. Cheap, quick to build and (as I would later find out) actually pretty good!

12 Oct
I realized that Oil is totally a really awesome export for me and so started to stockpile, as $4 a barrel didn't seem right!

6 Nov
Whilst looking around my new country I saw that lumber is also a good export opportunity so gave the go ahead for 2 new lumber mills. I saw that the grounds loyalty was to another country so sent my scouts there to rest a while, but it dodnt seem to do anything. Should I be concerned?

Dec 17 Whilst my army was building up I realised that my finance minister was going bond crazy so I thought I might as well spend the money on an aircraft fabrication building.

Dec 23 I realise that I've got no supply units, and to get some will set me back by a long shot. Not good! Hopefully I won't need them......

Jan 1 Happy new year! HAVE SOME WAR. Yeah, I was so excited about declaring war I forgot to get a screenshot. Oops.
Jan 26 So I've been realy suprised - I've met NO resistance at all to the invasion. I've been able to spread pretty far and I've not met a single opposing force! As previously mentioned, I really, really, really did need those transport units because it seems my mobile infantry move about 4 hexs before running out of supply, and being stranded in a dessert. |O

Feb 5 I've made it to their capitol! Finally something to shoot me. Although it's only a single unit it scares the bahoonies out of me when I hear the gunshots going off so I turn my volume down :P

Feb 8 After laying the town to siege, they finally give up! And just move their capitol. Cheeky.
Feb 21 Basically given up on using my mobile infantry at all in this combat - NEWBIES LISTEN - GET SUPPLY! I tried to trade for it but the big ruskie said no, so I'm having to research the prequesite tech now which looks like it's gunna take me a year :/ Anyway, I make it to their second capitol and do basically the same, showing them whats what!

Feb 27 Now they're just being awkward - could they not assign their new capitols closer together! It's gunna take me an age to get over there...
March 23 After nearly a month of trekking across the desert (or driving with no fuel at all), my lowly cavalry scout takes the final capitol, bringing an end to the dragged out conflict that was the Iraq-Arabia Winter of 49 conflict! My new empire looks all nice and shiny...

So yeah, that's round 1 done! In 6 months I've been able to build up a reasonably large army, take over a country nearly 3 times the size of mine and suffer very few casulties. Feeling pretty proud! Any suggestions for where I should head next? This capture was for the oil around here, so might look for another resourse to exploit in an undefended nearby region.
Thanks for reading!
Edit: Looks like it doesn't like imgur photos... let me see what I can do.
Edit2: Fixed it!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Iraq AAR

Post by GIJoe597 »

Nice read. Lets see where it goes.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Iraq AAR

Post by Kristijonas »

Jolly_duck wrote: So I've been realy suprised - I've met NO resistance at all to the invasion. I've been able to spread pretty far and I've not met a single opposing force!
Well, you've started with no units settings. That was to be expected. Bigger countries later in the game will have some troops though.

Return to “After Action Reports”