The Great Yugoslavian Bear

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

KesslerK09
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

The Great Yugoslavian Bear

Post by KesslerK09 »

Pretext:
I may have cheated a little bit. I turned Yugoslavian into a Monarchy and added Albania, Kuwait and Qatar to my country. I added Albania because I wanted more of the coast line and a little bit more population. Obviously I gave myself Kuwait and Qatar for dat sweet, sweet crude. I also made Nigeria and South West Africa my colonies. I'm planning on turning Nigeria into nothing but farms and I needed South West Africa for some extra uranium later on in the game.

History:

1946 - I feel as though I'm a bit too privileged. Before judging me let me explain a little. My father Niklas Kessler was a good man, but his status gave me praise and recognition that I never earned. He fled Germany during The Great War and ended up in Serbia. There he went to school and became an officer in the Serbian Militia. When that bastard of a man named Hitler invaded his land, he stood and fought with many great Yugoslavian war heros... He always saw a bright future for me in politics, so he kept pushing me to do well in school. When I was 18 years of age he sent me off to school in the States. I went to the University of Harvard, I majored in economics if you were wondering.

1947 - My father pulled a few strings and got me a nice job working hand and hand with some of the most influential men in Yugoslavia. I even got to meet Josip Broz Tito. That man struck fear into me like a great Yugoslavian bear would with its roar. I know, my analogies suck. By the years end, I moved up the ranks in the Serbian Communist Party. Every thing is happening way too fast. I wish I was back in college where time seemed to have stopped. Just sitting in class staring at the clock, waiting for class to be over. Watching the second hand tick slowly away.

1948 - When I said things are moving fast for me, I wasn't joking. I was hand selected for a position in the Serbian government as an economic minster. Around September, Serbia was feeling the impact of economics package I put together in February. The old communist bastards didn't like my plan in the beginning because it was border line capitalist. What do you expect for someone who went to school in the States?

1949 - This was the biggest year in my life. The rest of the Yugoslavian states liked my economic plan so much they sought after me to help them with their own struggling economy... Everything was going great until mid summer, a Croatian Nationalist assassinated Josip Broz Tito. This spiraled Yugoslavian politics into a swirling pit of ****. The communist party was slowly losing its grips on the nation. Nationalist movements and riots were happening every where.

All the Yugoslavian delicates meet up in Belgrade to decide to disband or to elect a new leader. My fathers name kept popping up as an option for a new president. But others argued the his health was not well enough to hold up the nation. Then second to the last day of the meeting, a old fragile man stood up and said "What about Niklas son. He has the knowledge to lead our economy out of debt and out of our rut. He has proven that here in Serbia. He also holds his fathers last name, which the general public will respect and admire."

All I could think in my head was "No, no, no no no a thousand times"...

1950 - Some how I got elected. I couldn't turn down the position because I didn't want to disappoint my father. But I decided to make it a goal to see how many people I could tick off. My first act was to turn this country into a Monarchy. I thought surely the public would go into a uproar and kick me out... But for some odd reason they didn't. I think it was souly because my economic plan was working out too well.

I will be updating later this week. I have a 4 day weekend coming up so I will have the time to post some pictures and add a bit to the story... Be honest in the comments. If you want me to cut back on the script or add more I will. Thank you for your time.
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Re: The Great Yugoslavian Bear

Post by KesslerK09 »

1950 - Well, the Monarchy thing didn't last long at all. The senate and I collaborated and decided to make Yugoslavia an official Democracy. By then end of April Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania decided they wanted to become states within the Yugoslavian Federation. I thought it was a good idea for them to join us but my top military officers are telling me other wise. They insist if I want them to be part of our glorious nation we must increase our military spending. From what they are telling me the USSR is not pleased by these actions and may declare war on us.

suaske666
Major

Re: The Great Yugoslavian Bear

Post by suaske666 »

OHAI Četnik

Return to “After Action Reports”