Freedom, By Force.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gracuul
Captain
Human: Yes

Freedom, By Force.

Post by Gracuul »

The year is 1948, A historic election in the process. The two main parties involved are the incumbent Labor Party and a new face to the county of Libya, the Freedom Movement. A single plane lands on the only Airstrip in Liberia. A Employee of The Liberian National airport guides the second Boeing 377 Stratocruiser of its two plane fleet into its parking position next to the Presidents same plane. The stairs are wheeled up to the planes open door and out steps the leader of the Freedom Movement. Not so much of an imposing figure at 5'7", he nevertheless dominates his parties hearts with his unyielding charisma. The man, named Timothy Jackson steps down off the plane and into a waiting car to take him to his, and Liberias final campaign rally.

Fast Forward to 1949. Fresh from his campaign victory Timothy Jackson cleverly slips in several pieces of legislation hidden within much larger documents. This goes on for some time. Little by little Timothy Jackson removes the capabilities of the parliament and replaces them with his own. The end result is that of an indefinite single party democracy that more so resembles a monarchy. The country is in shambles due to the havoc that Timothy Jackson inflicted to it by limiting its control.

One fateful bullet changed the country. Though no violence is officially condoned or much less appreciated. The nearly million people in the country cheer that day as a day that reforms began. The shooter, thrown into the national spotlight, was a poor Liberian farmer who had recently lost his wife and child in one of the governments acts of fear and intimidation. This was was placed on a pedestal so high that the media had announced that he would run for president, though he never said anything about such a thing himself. Not only was the media and the public announcing this, but somehow his name was placed on the ballot. The old fellow was in for a shock when two men, dressed in suits came to his door and asked him to come with them, to the parliament house, to be sworn in as the new President of Liberia.

After being sworn in, his first act was a total dismantling of the military and intelligence network that Jackson had put in place and had killed his family. His second was the restoration of the parliaments powers. The date is October 8, 1949. The world is ready to see what Liberia has to offer the global playing field.
SRCW3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
Gracuul
Captain

Re: Freedom, By Force.

Post by Gracuul »

Progress is slow in Liberia, a construction project on a small coal plant nearly bankrupted the country and was scratched. The president, feeling frustrated by the lack of funds and supplies in the coastal nation scrapped everything in the country and began construction on six Agricultural Fields and Two timber mills in an effort to produce the base funds needed for success.
SRCW4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-George Santayana
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Through careful trades and hands on managing of resources, the Country of Liberia is now self sufficient on power for the time being.
SRCW5.jpg
-George Santayana
stuguy909
Colonel

Post by stuguy909 »

Gracuul wrote:Through careful trades and hands on managing of resources, the Country of Liberia is now self sufficient on power for the time being.
SRCW5.jpg
I like to play as all the nations at some time or another. Liberia is always "interesting", to say the least. It's definitely a tough play through. I look forward to more posts about your play through.
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

It was the least developed nation I could find.
-George Santayana
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

We all look forward to the rest and I wasn't expecting you to assassinate the Pres I thought at first you were making it out to be yourself :)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I also will be reading the exploits of, well you never told us his name, the farmer.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

I too am looking forward to the story of the Liberian peasant army.
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

a construction project on a small coal plant nearly bankrupted the country and was scratched
:lol: :lol:
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

U·to·pi·a
noun /yo͞oˈtōpēə/ 
Utopias, plural
An imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect.

An ambitious goal.

The current date is Sep 5, 1952. From the time he was a child the farmers father had told him to reach beyond the stars, not just to them. Its was this early life motivational talk that he remembers back to this day. It was this ambitious thinking that made him gamble with the country he was raised to love. It was this hope, of a perfect world, a perfect place. He dreamed of one day fully dismantling the police and social departments due to lack of use. But the reality was much more severe. The world bank, which after the assassination refused to allow Liberia any money still held their doors tight shut. Faced with this lockout and several more pressing issues, the President issued a statement to the media and public to quell the rumors. This is that statement.

"My Dear people of Liberia. I am one of you. I have done what I can to correct the wrongs in this country, but these things take time and I ask you all to be patient in the times to come. I will not yet say that we are out of the downward spiral that occurred before I took office. Just remember this, We are Liberians. We are Free, and we are proud. Let no man, woman, or child deny that fact. The world bank has closed their doors on us due to a belief that we may become indebted more than we can pay. Well I say we do not need the world bank. Liberians will do as we have done for so long. Survive. We have begun building the countries first full size Industrial Goods plant as well as a new Coal Plant. We will survive, and we will prosper.

With that I would like to switch topics. There is another matter which requires attention. Our neighbors. I have received several reports that since the dismantling of the military and intelligence networks that spies have been found in the region. While I do not know all the details I ask of you, the Liberian people, to be vigilant and watchful.
-George Santayana
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Nov 2, 1953. Fueled by economic growth, The president is re-elected with little arguments coming from the people. Recently Liberia has seen an enormous amount of economic growth which is creating a more than sustainable economy. The president was recently cited as saying that soon the government would begin to create a defense force capable of defending our fine nation from any threat conceivable. Also of note is that the government has recently made an announcement that it will be beginning construction of several research facilities within the next few years.
SRCW7.jpg
-George Santayana
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Looking good :)

Just a tip. Use Photobucket for your screenies they come out alot clearer when you copy the IMG attachment in :)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Will be abruptly ending this AAR as well as my other, just received real deployment orders to Afghanistan within the next month. Sorry folks.
-George Santayana
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Keep your head down and your powder dry.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Good luck and good hunting.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati

Return to “After Action Reports”