The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

stephen
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Post by stephen »

I fought a proxy war against Ethiopia through Eritreea. I supported Eritreean independence and now they are 4 times bigger after a coalition of US, UK and Eritrrean forces conquered Ethiopia. I met those Special Forces too.
This game is great
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Yea in my first game as the UK I pushed through Eritrea into Ethiopia but actually wanted gains for myself (Selfish? Yea maybe :lol: ) But I quit because my Economy was so much more fragile than in this game plus I fancied a fresh start for when i started my AAR.

Plus to all those reading, before I went to sleep last night Egypt declared war on Israel which just so happens to have just been made a friend of mine so they were nice enough to give me 67% Cassus Belli. I'll be taking back my first ex-colony when I get home from work... :P
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

CptBritish wrote:Yea in my first game as the UK I pushed through Eritrea into Ethiopia but actually wanted gains for myself (Selfish? Yea maybe :lol: ) But I quit because my Economy was so much more fragile than in this game plus I fancied a fresh start for when i started my AAR.

Plus to all those reading, before I went to sleep last night Egypt declared war on Israel which just so happens to have just been made a friend of mine so they were nice enough to give me 67% Cassus Belli. I'll be taking back my first ex-colony when I get home from work... :P
Nice invasion on Ethiopia. ^^ I personally 'am too lazy to ever be able to maintain such a far away war. :lol: I salute your dedication.
You say your economy in bad shape,yes? You should use cheats :-)

Im funding Israel against Egypt too with East Germany. :lol: I've given them nice money "loans", military goods and lots of combat engineers. So far, they've taken Sanai Penninsula, but its been a stalemate since then & it's year 1964 for me...

btw- I wish I was employed,but those damn age restrictions... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

LiKaapstad wrote:Nice invasion on Ethiopia. ^^ I personally 'am too lazy to ever be able to maintain such a far away war. :lol: I salute your dedication.
You say your economy in bad shape,yes? You should use cheats :-)

Im funding Israel against Egypt too with East Germany. :lol: I've given them nice money "loans", military goods and lots of combat engineers. So far, they've taken Sanai Penninsula, but its been a stalemate since then & it's year 1964 for me...

btw- I wish I was employed,but those damn age restrictions... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks it wasn't that hard really... Just a case of babysitting the merchant marine so they didn't do something retarded like try and drop my troops in Greenland when I'm trying to get to Africa :evil:

Na my economy is great in this (The AAR Game) that was in my first game I was refering to about invading through Eritrea. (Where I tried to play it like SR:2020 and failed lol).

Yea when I get home I'm thinking about either a well supplied charge covered by my Battleship through the eastern Desert (And stop the Israelis from getting much ground) moving my troops into Libya and catching the Egyptians between the Hammer and the anvil or transporting my Paras to the fight taking a port and unloading my troops as close as I can to the Capital...

and yea you'll soon wish you were too young to work when you start :lol:

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

You could try all three all three methods. Egypt's army should be located around the sina fitting Israel so would not be ready for a war on 4 sides.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Operation: Blunting Pharaoh's Sword

(Another Screenshot fail by me here basically they declared war on the Israelis and gave my cassus belli I'm not going to turn that down am I? :roll: )

Field Marshall Mongomery's Forces had been on stand down for little over two months after the defeat of the Ethiopians, When a light Aircraft was spotted heading towards the airstrip outside his semi-refurbished HQ just outside Addis Abba. After noticing the Israeli markings, The Field Marshall sent his aid to bring the pilot to his office...

"So old chap what brings an Israeli down to the newest piece of British territory?"

"Field Marshall my name is Major Tzahal Akim of the Israeli Airforce 17th Squadron... and I bring urgent news"

"Hmmm let me guess those blasted Egyptians have moved into land that doesn't belong to them, yes?"

"What? How did you know this?"

"Well friend between you and me London has got a bit sick of the Egyptians rebuffing our honest trade offers all the time and in times like these resources are scarce your country has probably been experiencing it yourselves. Well to cut a probable long explaination short we've had members of the SAS behind their lines since we beat these Ethiopians two months ago... its amazing what cutting half the soldiers in a Barracks throats can do to moral. The Egyptians probably thought it was your operatives..."

"Well Field Marshall not to sound out of place but it seems we could help each other, we can't handle the full Egyptian Army ourselves its 4 times the size of ours... and our operatives tell us those 'Trade offers' were interested in the Egyptian oil fields. My government brings you this offer you push south from Sudan split there forces and if this goes to plan we'll halt march at the Nile. You get the Western Oil fields we get the Eastern ones..."

"Hmmm I should beable to get away with it... The Prince of Wales is in Israel we could attack and say that we were going in to stop harm coming to the Royals... You've got a deal old chap the 1st British Expeditionary Task Force will deploy and hit the southern border"

The two men saluted each other out of pure respect... The Israeli jumped back in his plane and began the long flight back to Israel and Monty began mobilising the troops.

Less than two weeks later - The Infantry had out done the tanks which had just about all broke down on the way.

"Should we wait for the tanks sir?"

"No we need to shock them we need to hit fast before they notice us on the border... We don't want the Israelis to beat us to the capital do we?"

"No sir!"

So the B.E.T.F. steamed forward into the Egyptian desert...

The Israelis for their part unleashed the wrath of moses on those damn Egyptians... The SAS must have done better work against the moral of the Egyptians than originally thought? Who knows...

Sick of the wait - and the desert - Monty authorised a daring spearhead into Egyptian lands... Intell had informed him that most of the Egyptian army was indeed facing the Israelis so he told the 1st, 2nd, 9th, 14th Infantry Divisions to assault up the main highway leading to the capital and take whatever supplies were needed from the foes they slew and the citys they stormed...

Once again Special Forces better trained than anything the Egyptians should have were surrounding the capital...

This time the B.E.T.F. had prepared for them... The SAS had done more than go in and scare some frightful soldiers... They had used the agents Monty told the Israelis about - backed up by their mentors of course - to infiltrate the Egyptians best forces ready to turn their guns round as soon as they saw the B.E.T.F. it worked perfectly

(I actually did only attack the capital with 7 Saracens and I had about 14 Special forces surrender to me :roll: and god knows how many Garrisons... so all those British flags are defected units. You can see the units I assaulted with at the coast I did this to stop Israelis getting more territory than they deserved lol)

The capture of the Capital broke the back of the Egyptians, the Israelis had occupied more territory than was agreed on though, but the British still got control of the Oil fields. Although Monty was willing to let the breaking of the deal go...

Was the Prime Minister?

RP off a second... I've taken way more casualties than I would like. Although getting 14 units of Special forces is decent i've lost so much crap that has defected on 4% hp or Garrisons :evil: Its slightly annoying meh I should beable to find some RP way to account for it.

Right to keep all the people that are reading this informed.

West Germany has turned into a beast (without ANY help from me or the rest of NATO from what i've seen though the French have helped a little)

List of West Germany annexations in order of them happening:

Czechoslovakia
Poland
Hungary
Yugoslavia
East Germany

They are now bashing on the door of the Soviet Union's colonies but - albeit with massive losses - the Russians are keeping them back...

America had turned in on itself, Just sits there collecting money. Protected by more ships than I thought was possible. If you destroyed everyone without loss you would probably take their MAR to 0% there are that many.

The Chinese have taken Hong Kong the ba*tards! gonna make them pay when I get Chieftans and Jaguar Fighter Bombers... and finally fully stablise my economy i'm nearly there finally self sufficient in electric power will raised prices lol

Alot of Frances colonies have become Independant if any of mine try there are gonna learn the hard way this Brit ain't givin' up anything! (except Hong Kong and Gibraltar... For now lol)

Oh and I wish the Belgians and Dutch would go to war with someone... they've got massive amounts of troops and do sod all with them! It slows me down when I move over to central Europe lol

Well thats my AAR up to now in a nutshell gonna go and exploit those oil fields now and earn some cash :roll:
Last edited by CptBritish on Jul 29 2011, edited 1 time in total.

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Its been nearly three years since the annexation of Egypt. Three years of building up. Three years of economic turbulance but now the new British Empire is fully stable and secure with its experienced armed forces and modern equipment been given to the troops as well as the riches that the previously undeveloped Egyptian oil fields have provided. Healthcare and civil protection that is the envy of the civilised world! The Empire is now respected again and while Frances Empire crumbles around it the British Colonies are enjoying the wealth that been under British rule gives them, albeit to a lesser extent than the Homeland!

But the Prime Minister has not been sitting on his laurels... oh no the loses of both Gibraltar and Hong Kong weigh heavy on his shoulders while Gibraltar is in the hands of the damned Spanish - for now - Hong Kong on the other hand has been taken by the Chinese which the rest of the democratic world views with contempt as the very least. This the Prime Minister thinks would be a great way to 1. Teach the Communist hordes how to wage war! and 2. Give the Soviets something to worry about in the East.

The Prime Minister is about to discuss the plans with his Chiefs of Staff...

"So then Gentlemen. Hong Kong... Shouldn't belong to communist China..." The Prime Minister said with purpose.

"Well Prime Minister the Royal Navy although one of the worlds best is going through a major refit at the moment. We have no aircraft carriers, no Submarines and very few ships effective at shore bombardment. Although the Submarine problem will solve itself when the new S-9 Oberons are launched this could take some time" The Admiral said cautiously.

"Prime Minister the forces of H.M. Army are ready to go as soon as you give the order. Although it would be wisest to wait while we can get a few more of the Chieftain Tanks. Saying that we should have enough already to launch limited operations, plus we have plenty of the newer versions of the Centurion which should still be more than a match for the Communist tanks" The General said proudly.

"Although the RAF is in better shape than the Navy with regards to modern equipment we will still be outnumbered at least 10 to 1 in the skies over China. We should be able to hold them back long enough to get a bridgehead in place" The Air Marshall said optimistically.

"So then gentlemen can this be done within the next year?"

"Prime Minister I would wait while we have the new submarines to cover the Merchant Marine then we can bring in reinforcements as time passes."

"Personally Prime Minister I would say hold off until we can get a few of the newer fight-bombers they will decimate the Chinese tank regiments."

"I agree. Our Ground forces moral will shoot through the roof if the enemy tank battalions are devastated before they even get there."

Well then Gentleman we better start planning Operation: Dragons Fall. I want a brief outline of the plan within the next few days... Speak to nobody about this meeting the only people I want knowing of it for now are just the four of us.

They Chiefs of staff leave to set about their plans.

Two Weeks Later. The Alpha Version of the Plan is complete.

"Prime Minister we have come to an agreement and the best place to start our invasion should be Hainan Province. Its a small island off the Southern Coast of China and a perfect staging area. Though the Royal Navy may need to supress North Vietnam's Navy if they join the fray."

Admiral will this be a problem?

"Not in the slightest unless those savages have managed to develop modern Submarines and Destroyers Prime Minister"

Well then... Lets see this plan.

"The taking of Hainan island should be simple, Prime Minister with a lightning amphibious strike we should catch them off guard and secure the Island before Mao finishes the morning rice... "

"The hard part Prime minister will be securing southern China..."

"In this plan we need to use the momentum of the ampibious assault, capture the island then move onto the mainland and quickly capture Zhanjiang shown as A Prime Minister. Then under the cover of the RAF push out in a large semi circle around Zhanjiang. shown as B."

"Will we scatter them from the skies Prime Minister..."

"The Royal Navy will then take up position off the coast of Hong Kong and begin the shelling of Chinese forces... shown as C"

"The hardest part of the Operation will be the encircling of Hong Kong... We will move forces up and assume defensive positions around it fighting back forces that come from the North as well as forces that come from Hong Kong itself, but these southern attacks should be minor due to the Royal Navies bombardment. shown as D"

"It will then be a trivial matter to take Hong Kong once encircled as the RAF will strafe any forces that dare move and the Navy will be shelling constantly. All it will take is the Army to move in and sweep away the left overs"

"A very bold plan gentlemen. Very bold indeed. You will have all the resources that the Empire can provide you. All three branches will have their budgets raised and salaries will be increased for the rank and file. Also add an extra rum ration to every soldier, airman and sailor for the coming months they are going to need to be at least content and loyal when we throw them in with the dragon but by god they will walk out with its head!"
Last edited by CptBritish on Jul 28 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Darkrajin
Warrant Officer

Post by Darkrajin »

lol I just spent 20 mins reading all that.... it lessens my pain, as I have to wait an till tomorrow to get this game, till then the demo is all I got.... :-( |O
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Darkrajin wrote:lol I just spent 20 mins reading all that.... it lessens my pain, as I have to wait an till tomorrow to get this game, till then the demo is all I got.... :-( |O
I'm glad you like it :)

I've been wondering if the amount of RP i'm putting into this AAR is putting some people off, so its good to know that people are reading it :)

LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

hainan i see your going for. :-) Be sure to destroy those communist for us all! :lol:
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

LiKaapstad wrote:hainan i see your going for. :-) Be sure to destroy those communist for us all! :lol:
Haha no worries about that its only a matter of when and how quickly 8)

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

CptBritish wrote:I've been wondering if the amount of RP i'm putting into this AAR is putting some people off, so its good to know that people are reading it :)
Definitely been enjoying it so no worries there!
piggypotpie
Lieutenant

Post by piggypotpie »

I LOVE IT! i had the same issue with ethiopia. where in the hell did they get special forces troops?!
Missilelock
Sergeant

Post by Missilelock »

Keep up the great work. My nation dreams of being able to invade china!
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Sorry guys been moving troops in my play time today and got about 150,000 men in Brunei but the other 450,000 took a right amount of cocking about getting them through the Panama canal...

So not been able to invade China yet plus i'm going away for two weeks now...

Good news is the first few transports were about 5 mins game time away from Brunei so won't take long for the fight to start when I get back ;)

Have a good time blowing sh*t up people. I'm off to drink for 2 weeks in good British Fashion...

Return to “After Action Reports”