The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Re: The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Post by CptBritish »

Yea haven't had much game time alately but communism can wait for now... I've spent a few years just afking and built up a major amount of electrical power. Tibet has been taken but I only used Spec Ops drops.

Next step is the liberation of Gibraltar ;) which means i'm going to upset a few people closer to home.

I'll rp it up when I start fighting. :-)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

January the 1st 1965.

The Prime Minister makes a speech in the Houses of Parliament.

"Right honourable gentlemen of this esteemed house since I postponed elections, we have gone through a period of excellent economic growth, The Empire is now a beacon of stability in a hostile world. We have helped a lot of our less fortunate allies, Spain for example, we gave them billions with the hope of getting back hold of Gibraltar that was taken by Communist rebels years ago but now they refuse to repay! This cannot be allowed to go unpunished! We are one of the most powerful countries in the world and the economic dregs of Europe refuse repayment!

I have ordered the deployment of a small British Expeditionary Task Force to Portugal to try and make the Spanish see reason. Hopefully this won't result in bloodshed...
"

Just as the Prime Minister was about to finish his speech a man runs into the Chamber and screams at the Prime Minister in broken English... followed by some spanish

"Spain will not fall like your other conquests Prime Minister, ahora mueren escoria"

He then opened his vest and lit the home made explosives that were attached... The Guards in the chamber managed to shoot the terrorist but it was too late...

Hours later the emergency services supported heavily by the Royal Engineers had managed to clear alot of the rubble leading to the main Chamber. They found hundreds of Ministers dead - the Chamber was nearly full at the time of the blast - they found the Prime Minister laying near the dispatch box luckily he had managed to take cover but was suffering from heavy concussion and shock after the blast before he blacked out again he managed to speak one small sentence to the Paramedics that were tending to him and the Officers that were accompanying them...

"Tell your Superiors...... they have the go ahead for...... Operation: Iberian Thrust......"

With that the Prime Minister blacked out and was rushed to hospital along with the surviving ministers...

"I apologise if the Spanish is wrong I used a online translater its supposed to say "Now Die Scum"
Last edited by CptBritish on Sep 10 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Liustares
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by Liustares »

Awesome :-)
NEW AAR!
MEXICO: ASCENT OF THE EAGLE'S COVENANT

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=19004
Follow this epic series with captivating storyline!!!
CHAPTER 2 RELEASED!!!
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

How long did it take you to defeat China? I just finished my war with them as Indonesia and man was it taxing on logistics.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Xbwalker wrote:How long did it take you to defeat China? I just finished my war with them as Indonesia and man was it taxing on logistics.
5 or 6 years off the top of my head, though admittedly I just left it afk for long periods of time so I could build things (I'm still running this game as off Update 0 so its still kinda a bit slow when you get into it).

Yes supply was the major thing stopping me from rushing to Beijing. That and the distance to get reinforcements was shocking lol. I had to move my massive front line slowly or support smaller thrusts supported by transport planes. I tended to do both and it worked but I just got fed up in the end and commited to quite a few paradrops supported by bombers and transport planes supplying. If you haven't read the AAR fully they changed capital about 9 times so I was ready for steam coming out of my ears by the time they finally surrendered... I ain't looking forward to fighting the Soviet Union lets put it that way... :-)

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Yeah fighting China has defenitely changed my whole war style against larger nations. I am going to attempt a new paradrop tactic I have been working on. Nice job so far. Good reading.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Yea there wasn't much "tactics" to my paradrops... Saturate the air with strat bombers drop the Spec Ops and fly around to supply take a near by airfield rinse and repeat...

Thanks gonna get around to putting up my current war against Spain... NATO has once again backed me up lol even though i'm a down right warmonger :lol:

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

February the 15th 1965.

The Small British Expeditionary Task Force has taken up positions on the Portugal/Spain border. The Generals are discussing the oncoming attack...

"Well Gentlemen the attack is about to begin. As you know the Prime Minister was nearly killed in the attack on Parliament. We need a quick war to show the world that attacks on British soil will NOT be tolerated"

"The Navy is in position and ready to support where ever they are needed. Most likely they will be taken up controlling the Atlantic coastline..."

"Thank you Admiral. The plan is simple the main force would push north along the coast and link up with NATO forces waiting in France, Where as the central force would push carefully towards Madrid. These would be backed up by a Paradropped force - led by Colonel Blakely - in Spanish Moroco and take control of the Spanish Airfields there and expand them and thus allow our jets to control the skies."

"Ha! The Western Europeans still think after the condemnation they've given the us in the UN that they can just cosy up to us and hope to benefit from British power now?"

"That seems to be the case Air Marshall. But still we will use their help for now. Even if it just means less British Casualties. Now lets go prepare our Officers for battle. We march by the end of the week!"
Last edited by CptBritish on Sep 13 2011, edited 1 time in total.

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

February the 28th 1965.

"Colonel the troops have secured the capital although the Moroccan garrisons were much larger than expected they still put up very little resistance..."

"Thank you Sergeant Major. I take it the rest of the lads are making there way in transports to take the rest of the cities of this sand blasted place?"

"Yes Colonel the country should be secure and under British control in more or less a week"

The Sgt Major wasn't lying. Within 9 days the country was secure hampered only by the Spanish Airforces subbourn attacks.

On the Mainland however the British Soldiers were starting to run into highly trained - in respect to most non-British Soldiers of course - Mountain troops... Though the British artillary spotters didn't care how well trained they were and a 155mm shell will kill you regardless of training...

The Fight goes on...

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

March the 23rd 1965

The Royal Navy and RAF have been pounding the significant Spanish military assets in Southern Spain.

That was until a very courageous officer ordered what should have been aa impossible mission on RAF bases in Morocco. The attack with propeller driven craft somehow caught the RAF pilots off guard while they were rearming. The attack was devestating to the RAF in Spain and were it not for the Royal Navies Sheffield Class Destroyers that moved into position - and shot down all the attackers - the attack could have removed the RAF from the war.

Three of the four Officers in charge of the bases who were responsible for well over 300 deaths were sent back to the UK in shame stripped of all rank and Court Marshalled for severe negligance. The Forth one was found dead in his office, his sidearm still in his hand...

April the 8th 1965

Other parts of the war effort continue much more smoothly. The central group armed with just under 10,000 men has pushed all the way to Madrid! leaving scores of Spanish dead, although this is little surprise to the generals comprised totally of veterns from the Korean ampibious campaign. The Spanish didn't know what hit them... They are now taking up position around Madrid to try and capture Franco before he can flee...

The Battle for Madrid was fierce but the highly trained soldiers swept away the opposition. It was noted that half way through the battle, the artillary was firing so fequently that rather than a remittent 'bang' it was more like a constant thunder. The British troops were lucky their radios could connect to their ear defenders, The Spanish troops didn't have this luxury...

More bad news was about to come for the Spanish in the form of a German...

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Field Marshall Franz Heinrich Guburtz a decorated veteran of the German Reunification and Eastern European Suppression was put in charge by NATO partly due to his experiance but also due to the fact that the Germans were the main counter to British might in Europe.

He was ordered to link up with the B.E.T.F. and suppress Spanish power but also secretly ordered to help contain the future British occupation...

The NATO leaders had grown more vocal of the Prime Ministers wars and with one so close to home they decided rather than drag all of Europe into another war, a War that although the French, Germans, Belgians, Dutch and Italians would outnumber at least 10 to 1 the British. The British could counter them all with technology more so than the Germans did the allies in the Second World War but also with the industry and resources to support it

It didn't take long for Guburtz to establish himself...

Within half of a month he and his forces had secured Barcelona - though they had taken triple the casualties the British did in securing the west of the country, they had done it. The Casualty figure was swept up in the good news that the French, Belgians and Dutch could also fight and fight well, since up to this point they had been uninvolved in the military matters of the not so cold war...

The next day Franco was taken to Nuremberg to be tried for crimes he had commited in the Spanish Revolution. This infuriated the British who had wanted to be the ones with Franco in chains... but the British commanders in Spain could do nothing. They were - much to their annoyance - the minor force in Spain now and although they were its rulers, they were now under the watchful eye of IBERIASEC, NATOs "Peacekeeping" mission in Spain.

But for how long? British technology continues to surge ahead of the world the Empire is nearly totally powered by Nuclear power and Clean coal, where as the rest of the world relies almost totally on 'Dirty' coal power plants. Its Chinese Agri-complexes feed half the world and keep food prices low... As do its many water purification plants, Does NATO or the WARSAW Pact really want to lose these vital exports? The British could withold export and slowly starve the world and NATO Leaders know this, more worrying to them in a long term view is the British Military, Already leaps and bounds ahead of the world they continue to advance unchecked. Will they try to stop the one of the most successful military forces in history before they get completely out of reach or will they wait just that little bit too late and see the Union Flag flying over their monuments... Only time will tell...

Sorry i've only go one screenshot. Fraps cocked up on me and didn't take any of the final moments of Spain for me :-( oh well hopefully i've worded it well enough. If not in a nut shell my allies lost way more troops that I would have done but got the job done. Spain jumped from having 80 kills (4 against me and those were the Tornados I mentioned in the story) to 130 kills before it surrendered. Anyway more to come just gotta decide on a target. Do I deploy my entire reserves in the UK to Spain and destroy IBERIASEC then move into Mainland Europe or do I try my hand at conquest back over in Asia... Reuniting the Indians with their ex British Overlords and TEA TAXES MUAHAHA! :-)

farrellmeister
Lieutenant

Post by farrellmeister »

are you going to contine with this AAR, I really loved it and it would be a shame to just suddenly end it, although you could always try again next update ;D
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

I concur, this ARR has been a wonderful read.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Sorry about this I've been really busy this month and what game time I have had has been taken up by things like Space Marine, Gears of War 3 and now i've been playing the new Duex Ex as well as getting all the achievements on Mass Effect 2 lol Been flying all over the place when it comes to games... I've got a long weekend though now and will try my best to get a major MAJOR addition to this AAR... Worry not the British Empire hasn't finished its Warpath yet lol

NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Really enjoy reading this, and I was wondering if you'd be able to eventually a post of a Map, showing all the locations you have conquered. Would just be cool to see how big the "Great British Empire" has gotten ;)

Return to “After Action Reports”