The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Re: The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Post by CptBritish »

September the 4th 1957.

Over a year has pasted since the Prime Minister ordered the planning stage of Operation: Dragons Fall and after many months of moving H.M. Armed Forces into position and after many back room arguments and deals with the Americans to let such a large force though the Panama Canal almost all of the British Army is ready to attack China and topple a great communist power! Although the Americans are still being awkward about Air Units and Naval units, the British Generals think they can at least take Hainan Province with air drops of Special Forces while the RAF and Royal Navy move in to support the Army.

The first part of Operation: Dragons Fall is about to commence...

The War Room 6pm 04/09/1957

"General, the RAF with the help of MI6 has taken these images, they've just come in. Hainan's defence appears to be a joke..."

"Yes Major it would seem that way but you just know that the cities will likely be full of garrisoned units, still its like the Chinese are almost inviting us in surely they have noticed our massive build up in Brunei and yet they do nothing. Common sense tell me I should wait for the back up of the RAF and Royal Navy but my gut instinct is to attack before they can fortify the island and throw the entire operation into turmoil. Hmmm with no proper amphibious landing craft we would have to rely on air transport we brought and stage a massive air drop before the PLA can send in its aircraft. Then send in the main ground force when the Special forces have secured the island..."

"Not to sound out of place General but..."

"Don't worry Major... Speak your mind"

"Well... sending in 6 thousand plus men without air or naval support and no real back up for at least a couple of months is one hell of a gamble..."

"Yes should it fail there will be only one option for me..."

The General briefly glances at his sidearm...

"I understand General but as I was saying although its a gamble i'm sure..."

Colonel Blakely bursts into the room

"General my boys have been roasting in the Far east for long enough they are iching for action... I can personally guarantee that every one of them boys will be ready and want this fight NOW! not in the months it takes for the RAF and Navy to get their arses in gear!"

"Colonel Blakely, all us in the General staff understand that the troops under your command are the best we ha..."

"They won't be if they are rotting in Brunei for more months on end... Send us in General, we won't let you or the Empire down!"

"Ok Blakely... Ok i'll get the paperwork done your boys move in as soon as they are ready!"

This is just a quick RP post to show i'm back and carrying on with this AAR... I'm fighting the battle at the moment and its looking promising...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Prime Ministers Office 19th of April 1958

The Minister of Defense nervously enters the Prime Ministers office...

"Prime Minister we have good news the war is going well we've..."

"I should hope so its been Eight months since I heard the attack began, where do we stand"

"Well Prime Minister i'll fill you in on everything that has happened since September... The SAS started with a daring Air Assault on Sanya suppressing the defenders with little to no trouble.""

"Then with the port secure we were able to land about a third of the Asian British Expeditionary Task Force in Hainan Province..."

"Once our forces had organised themselves they pushed the rest of the Chinese forces off the Island"

"Were there many P.O.Ws? Just as a matter of Interest?

"None Prime Minister, these Chinese show some remarkable discipline and would fight to the death in most cases. Plus the General didn't think a P.O.W camp would be a good use of resources"

"I understand but the world will pick up on this tell the commanders although I understand why they did what they did, it must not happen again! We are trying to take the high road here if the peons in this land hate us occupation could be a bloody affair..."

"Of Course Prime Minister..."

"Although the Generals wanted to wait for the Royal Navy who were stuck off some island in the Pacific, Colonel Blakely of the Special Air Service ordered his men to once again commit to an Air assault just as before they swept the Chinese away like flies..."

"So seeing little point in losing highly trained Special forces due to one commanders... restlessness, the Generals commanding the main land forces brought their numbers to bare... A foothold in mainland China was secured... Although the Chinese probed the line for a while they realised it was folly..."

"After a few more weeks of fighting - clearing the Chinese from their dug in positions in the cities - we managed to complete part A of Operation Dragons Fall... The Royal Engineers also took it upon themselves to build a bridge from Hainan to mainland China to speed up the arrival of Reinforcements. Also the Royal Navy and RAF stand ready to help fully from this point on Prime Minister with the HMS Vanguard only a couple of days sail from Hainan."

"Well send my regards to the Generals and this Colonel Blakely although a touch on the rash side his actions and that of his men should be commended fully and sure we can give out a few medals will boost the moral of the men surely?"

"I'll see to it Prime Minister..."

So part one of Operation: Dragons Fall is complete, thousands of communist soldiers have fallen before British steel. Surely the Russians will have taken notice... and maybe a few of Britain's allies will start to be a touch wary if the Prime Minister aquires the ability to call on the millions of Chinese soldiers that would beable to be recruited using the good old British Sterling...

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Less than a month after H.M. Armed Force secured Hainan Province as well as small portions of Guangxi & Guangdong provinces, the British Generals, Air Marshalls & Admirals decided to keep the PLA on their back foot and pushed on to the main target of the invasion... Hong Kong.

The fighting wasn't as hard as the British Soldiers had thought, only hardcore garrison commanders staying behind as sort of a stop gap. It didn't work out for them as the RAF bombed them into the stone age...

Suddenly though tanks were spotted on the Northern Front. One Colonel was quoted "They keep sending tanks from the Second World War at us. Its almost bloody insulting!". They were quickly dispatched.

Within a matter of months part B of Operation: Dragons Fall was completed.

The Royal Navy then began bombarding Hong Kong killing hundreds of communist troops...

The noose was tightening around the Chinese defenders of Hong Kongs Neck... All that opposed the British advance was garrisons and lone units who were stupid enough to remain near Hong Kong...

The final assault on Hong Kong and its surrounding cities was the biggest challenge of the campaign with multiple cities full of garrison units fighting to the death... and Die they did... hundreds of missles were fired from RAF bombers and the guns from the HMS Vanguard fired non stop to clear the defenders...

Until only one hold out remained...

...and that didn't last long.

And so The British had pulled off a victory against one of the rising superpowers of the world. Although not the challenge the Leaders of the British Military were expecting. The Chinese Air Force didn't once join the battle and it cost the Chinese thousands of men. We had joined this war to free the people of Hong Kong but now we shall push to Beijing and show these Communist scum how to wage war!

Just a quick update on the world. Everything has ground to a halt... The West German push into the Iron Curtain has stopped at the Balkans and the Soviet "buffer" countries. The Americans sit on their arses doing sweet FA. Turkey's amazing push into Bulgaria has been repulsed and now the Bulgarians have recaptured just about all of their territory., the Soviet Union sends the odd unit to die against the German hordes... I'm the only one fighting it seems... and this is on high volitility, well I hope it hots up when the Communist Chinese are nothing more than a foot note in history... Meh might need to do something drastic like annex a few countries in Europe. Belgium and the Netherland's massive military build up has been pissing me off for long enough, might have to go for them first.

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

Is that a Batttleship of the U.S.A. I see in a couple of the pics at the start of the invasion?

Edit: Looking closer I seem to see more than one US ship and some odd city/water colors. What countries are at war with China?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Hey!! I have really enjoyed reading this AAR, and I was planning on making my own for the USA. Would you be able to tell me how you get the pictures from in the game? Please :-)

-Thanks
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

GIJoe597 wrote:Is that a Batttleship of the U.S.A. I see in a couple of the pics at the start of the invasion?

Edit: Looking closer I seem to see more than one US ship and some odd city/water colors. What countries are at war with China?
]

No think its a Cruiser just tends to float around southern China for some reason lol off the top of my head just me and Taiwan South Korea was also at war with them... They didn't last long.
NRose97 wrote:Hey!! I have really enjoyed reading this AAR, and I was planning on making my own for the USA. Would you be able to tell me how you get the pictures from in the game? Please :-)

-Thanks
Thanks I'm glad people are liking it and I use photobucket and then the IMG link for each picture.

Probably not gonna beable to update this AAR until mid next week not go much game time and China is a big place lol gonna take me a while to get to an interesting part... will update around major cities like Shanghai and Beijing of course.

Liustares
Sergeant

Post by Liustares »

Great AAR :-) . It makes for a good read.
NEW AAR!
MEXICO: ASCENT OF THE EAGLE'S COVENANT

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=19004
Follow this epic series with captivating storyline!!!
CHAPTER 2 RELEASED!!!
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

The long march through China had been long and hard on the British Soldiers deployed there. Malaria, The Heat, The Terrain and the Stubborn Chinese Military Regulars as well as the odd partisan units causing havok at the rear... Still they had secured southern China. The long march to Bejing along a front over a 1000km long would be difficult, the Royal Logistics Corp would be stretched to the limit, but the construction of dedicated depots had helped.

The British forces pushing north started to run into Special Forces and some of the veterans of the Africa campaign wondered if any of these were the ones who trained the Africa/Arab Special forces who had caused problems for the B.E.T.F. in Africa, these units weren't about to be shown any mercy the Army and Airforce punished every unit they found, No matter what the Prime Minister had said, All Chinese Special Forces encounted were to be executed.

The British forces had been methodical as can be expected though some partisan units had slipped through the net these had all been found, defeated and any prisoners hauled off to work in the Uranium mines... The British had pushed all the way to the outskirts of Shanghai - another major target in the British Invasion plans - and just like Hong Kong formed a massive perimeter around Shanghai and its outlying cities and towns, ready to tighten the noose once again.

The Chinese military this time seemed to be massing for a counter attack, the People's Army had in fact started to put up quite a bit of resistance in the run up to Shanghai though H.M. Armed Forces had defeated every attack with minimal casualties. Still with a two front fight, if the Chinese put enough men into the fight they could cause problems...

This will likely be the hardest fight of the campaign, likely with thousands of garrison units involved, but with how effective the Combined arms of the Army and Airforce has been these will fall like all other obstacles...

Although the massive front maintained by the British had left less troops available for more direct offensives that didn't involve moving the massive front line, the commanders had managed to get hold of 16 Saracen Infantry Battalions, 6 Chieftan Battalions and 2 Centurion Mk5 Battalions as well as 18 wings of Valiant Strategic bombers for the attack on Shanghai... The orders were passed to the Junior Officers and NCOs.

A message from the Prime Minister was also passed to the men:

"Good Luck you men and women of the Armed Forces, I and the people of the UK are immensely proud of you and your achievements in this campaign. Defeat these Communist dregs and come back home alive and well. Raise the Union Flag above Shanghai and I personally will come out to congradulate you all as well as bring you a well deserved gift"

Liustares
Sergeant

Post by Liustares »

Hehehe... I can imagine how Mao Zedong would be right now... LOL...
NEW AAR!

CHAPTER 2 RELEASED!!!
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Liustares wrote:Hehehe... I can imagine how Mao Zedong would be right now... LOL...
I imagine really REALLY p*ssed off :lol:

China has something like 14-15% MAR now they really shouldn't take much longer to crack.

Haven't had much game time a lately but will try to at least get Shanghai beat tonight...

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

About the "Won't take much longer..." I was wrong, 1500 unit kills and 2 captials later and they are down to 1.7% MAR... :evil: anyway...

The war in China has been going much better than expected... the Chinese Airforce hasn't appeared and British units are destroying Chinese Units in there droves but taking and hold ground is slow and ponderous... the Massive front line can only move a few kilometers before one side comes under dedicated attacks... dedicated but pointless.

In the Prime Ministers Office his MOD contact has brought him the information so far from the War...

"Prime Minister I have up to date information of everything that has happened in the last few months, There have been lots of large battles and the Generals... eager for victory have started using more questionable tactics... But first let me explain how the Shanghai campaign went..."

"Go on Mr Shepherd..."

Easy ground was gained on the outskirts of Shanghai with little casualties on both sides...

But then our troops were faced with the same tactics that have failed them thus far, Massed, poorly trained garrison units... The RAF and Army made quick work of them...

"The Shanghai Campaign was over quite quickly with minimal British casualties were as the Chinese..."

...Were much higher than ours as it should be! I see the Navy was causing problems for the Chinese?

Yes Prime Minister thousands were killed because of the Vanguard guns...

The campaign was enevitable Prime Minister...

Good Good Mr Shepherd, as soon as China is suppressed and ready to enter the Empire I would like to visit the troops... With transport loads of "non essential rations"...

"Like what Mr Prime Minister?

"Are you really that dim Shepherd? Really you can't honestly be... Booze, Beer, Lager Shepherd! all paid for by donations from all MPs and the General public... it should be a massive moral booster also I want to organise a few of Britain's better looking models to fly down with me... show the lads what they are fighting for ha!"

"Good Idea Prime Minister!"

"No need to be too much of a suck up Shepherd... Now about those questionable tactics...

Well Prime Minister, we have heard reports of one city been bombarded to dust by the commanders... whether it was intentsional or just some die hard defenders holding out way to long is unknown to us...

"Then Operation... ahem... Bat **** Crazy, as it was dubbed by Colonel Blakely was undertaken to undertake a massive airdrop on Beijing to end the war earlier than expected. The Entire SAS in China was deployed at one point...

Although th SAS sustained many casualties the objective was taken with massive enemy casualties...

"Liu Shaoqi then managed to escape Prime Minister the Chinese set up in Seoul... We sent in a light invasion force... Our forces suffered a massive blow when the Vanguard's rudder was hit by enemy torpedo fire, She was scuttled... But with the Vanguard's loss we established another front in Korea..."

"The RAF made certain the Chinese knew we were there to stay..."

"Then the unthinkable the Chinese got the drop on us again and Liu Shaoqi escaped AGAIN!"

"These Chinese are like bloody cockroaches... When will they just surrender!"

"We launched another Air assault but with each drop the remained Special Forces dwindled....."

I have another file Prime Minister just let me run and get it!

"Be quick Shepherd I don't have all day."

Right I'm sorry if this is getting repetative i've finally beat the Chinese but it took 9 Capital changes, and China is a big place... i'm not gonna role play all of them but lets say I was pretty ***ked off by the time the last one fell, then it seemed like they were gonna move it again but they didn't! Hu-***king-rah. I'll add the other photos tomorrow as i'm really bloody tired now didn't think they'd take this long to beat. My tip to anyone thinking of taking on China or Russia etc is to turn on fixed Capital at the beginning i'm sure this stops them moving all the time... Also when I next go to war i'll role play it alot better... there was only so much, "Garrisons getting owned" I could role play lol

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

We have some Excellent New Mr Prime Minister! The Chinese have surrendered! But let me explain the last few months of the war. As you can see Prime Minister Our forces are spread chasing the Chinese Leader all over China! Although the backbone of the Chinese military has been broken, over 1.8 million of their soldiers have been killed.

"After securing all of Northern Korea - except for the hold outs of North Korean Forces which sent our Generals guarantees this wasn't a fight they wanted to join - Our Forces pushed towards Shenyang, The Forth Chinese Capital."

"So with the forth Chinese Capital secured Liu Shaoqi was finally captured and a sorry General the Forces who captured him were a little stressed with the chase... He was beaten to within a inch of his life and when the Senior NCO's found him he was about to be run over by a Chieftan tank! Lucky he was saved from this grusome death and is on his way back to the UK for imprisonment...

And what of the Chinese Empire now?

"Well Mr Prime Minister we are starting the rebuilding effort... There are a lot of hungry mouths in the Empire and with China's excellent agriable land it could become the breadbasket of not just the Empire but the whole world. Also it has a lot of other resources that we could build up... the population of China is eager to work."

"Well we have alot of spending power now we've aquired the Chinese assets, inform the new Governer-General of China that Agriculture and Oil production are to be built up to their maximum potential. I now need to prepare a speech to parliament..."

With China captured the Empire had reached dizzying heights. Although the Chinese colonies were still standing it wouldn't take many forces to capture these and give the last few millions of Chinese People hope at last...

Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

Fantastic AAR so far. Very good read.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Standing on the Steps of Number 10 Downing Street the Prime Minister has a speech ready to give to the Empire on his Governments recent electoral defeat...

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Citizens of the Empire. This country has been through alot in the past 12 years of my leadership, three wars all in self defense and all won by our valiant troops. We as a government have spent untold billions feeding all members of the Empire both those who were with us at the start of my reign and those who have recently 'joined' the Empire. The although yes recently we have had to ration food and water, but should we let the peoples of China starve? We are building untold amounts of farms and water stanitation sites over in China... These will not only feed all the people of China but will mean that food costs drop at home. Isn't that a something worth waiting for?

The Party who won the election... the so called democratic party have been PROVEN to have Communist links, Would you people of the Empire wish to give up been British to be a pawn to Moscow? I say No! and my Generals agree with me... You have my promise to step down as soon as Communism is defeated... Until then elections - and this electoral result - are to be put on hold."

With that the Prime Minister stepped down, with carefully placed Imperialist supporters placed in the small crowd drowning out the boos from the liberals.

The Prime Minister had taken a very bold step, no doubt he would be talking to Washington and Paris over this in the near future...

Liustares
Sergeant

Post by Liustares »

China liberated from communism!!! :D
It seems only a matter of time before British troops march in Red Square xD
NEW AAR!

CHAPTER 2 RELEASED!!!

Return to “After Action Reports”