AAR - European timed serie game

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kigge
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

AAR - European timed serie game

Post by Kigge »

European timed multiplayer game AAR - continued over from the Modern Day Campaign and Europa based time zone from SR2020

Nations:
Zero007 - Finland
HulluHevonen - Norway
Kigge - Sweden

----------------------------

Sweden is in a tricky situation. By overlooking the larg need for oil for my nation i quickly placed myself into a hugh debt.
My fabrications wont produce due to the shortage of oil and without the production i were forced to scrap several military fabrications to keep my constructing buildings on track. this have leed to a tricky situation were i now have the buildings that i need to jumpstart my economy but with the need of oil in the world so great im not geting it and basicly my economey is dead in its tracks.

We all 3 decided early to join into an allianse to help eatchother out. As of now the only one of us 3 with oil is finland and hes building the recuired wells to be able to sell us other two the oil we need. But personaly i dont think Finland will be able to produce enough oil to make us able to develop. However as of now its all we can do is to wait and see were we stand once finlands oil wells are done.

If i get enought oil my plans however is to start to research strong air units and naval transports with the goal of in a timespan of a year invade a small unimportant country with suffichent oil reservs.

Well theres really nothing more to say. For my part i have more or less just watched my money fall and my debt rise in waiting of that oil. |O

PS. fun fact: Saudi arabia got 3 of 4 oil wells that dont sit on any oil apparently, and thus aint producing oil that i can see. Too bad beacuse my plan were to attack them first.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: AAR - European timed serie game

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Norway

Well, Hullu Hevonen, a strong leader, was elected new King(after the old one abdicated) and prime minister 1949.

In 1949, Norway, was in a great need of almost every resource. This quickly lead to a national wide depression, similar effects in other nordic countries. The 3 Nordic countries founded the 'Nordisk råd' (Nordic Council), the council included free trade, formal alliance etc. Norway disposed of most of it's non-foot infantry army, since the AI couldn't stop using them and eating up the little oil Norway could import. Norway has ca1,1billion in dept. Norway has also significant treasury problems.

In 1950, The Nordic co-operation has increased significantly, Finland, with the only oil resources(witch is scarce), Nordic-Finland vital oil trade has started up with ca 10k bbl per day to Norway, for economic compensation(witch have been hard to come by in these times). Norway, has since 1949, been moving some troops to Finland and Sweden as military support in case of a suprise attack on them. Norway values the 'Nordic Council' more then it's NATO counter parts.

This game is different from our previous SR2020 games where we have always been competing and warmongering. Now we are in the same boat and fighting for our economies.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I'm sure we all look forward to the rest... Hammer the commies into the ground (when you've settled all your economies ofc) just like the Vikings would have :P
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

The first CW AAR, looking forward to see what happens.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Say you guys.. I stay up all night so would you guys be willing to let 'an old american join your game on your regular time? (when ever that may be) :wink: If so, please tell me what time you guys normally get on. Then what way you guys use to get online ^^

btw- I might end up staying with it for a month, then quiting out do to other reasons. :lol:
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
zero007
Warrant Officer

Post by zero007 »

Finland

Day after election victory newly pointed President Zero007 call up a meeting with his new Government.

There President Zero007 revealed his 10 year plan.

Finland was to improve its industrial base to ensure economic growth. GDP/C should be over 4000 $ and overall Finnish population should be over 5 000 000 and country should not have any debt.

In next 10 years Finland should have atleast total of :

- 6 Coal power plants
- 10 Petrol power plants
- 4 Hydro power plants
- 8 Industrial goods factories
- 2 Consumer goods factories
- 2 Military goods factories
- unknown number of other power plants.

Military production should have atleast :

- 3 active naval fabrication facility
- 6 land fabrication facility
- 3 aircraft fabrication facility.

Finland foreign policy should be neutrality in any wars. All so Finland should continue to support its nordic allies by providing petrol 60 000 Barrels per day. Finland should follow closely international situation and look for opportunity to conquer oil rich nation. But this should be done so that there is no reaction from NATO or Warsaw Pact. Currently Finland has only 2 major threats. Nato from Norway and Soviet Union from east. Combination of Finnish navy and artillery should prevent hostile navy to operate near Finland coastline.

Finnish military should have following :

- 100 battalions of tanks
- 200 battalions of various infantry units
- 150 battalions of artillery
- 50 battalions of various aa units
- 50 squadrons of inteceptors
- 100 squadrons of tactical bombers
- 10 squadrons of strategic bombers
- 10 squadrons of transports

"This game is going to use Europa based time zones but players from other time zones are welcome. Game time are constant Tuesday and Thursday 16.00 GMT. Game sessions will be about 2 hours and they will start even if not all the players are not present. If you arrive late to game we can pick you in if all the players want to do so. Otherwise those players who are late will miss that game session."

For more information please visit the original topic here http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 58&t=17832

Small note. We started this game before the patch so there is a lot of issues that will continue to haunt us. Example Russia will have S-400 Triumf in service soon so my puny ME-109 K2 wont even have a fighting change.

|O [_]B
Last edited by zero007 on Jul 21 2011, edited 1 time in total.
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

That's a really huge military you're planning there, Finland. Do you have enough manpower for it? That almost SU in 1949 level!
Samilou
Captain

Post by Samilou »

kkania wrote:That's a really huge military you're planning there, Finland. Do you have enough manpower for it? That almost SU in 1949 level!
That would be some 3-400 thousand men. The RL Finnish Defence Forces had as much as 800k at it's peak in the Cold War, obviously in RL this amount of equipment would still be beyond what Finland can maintain in peacetime, but a third of this or maybe as much as half of this would be doable, but that would be an immensely militarized country and require a strong economic situation.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Heh, ou btw, Syria is Norwegian now :D , though they are more of a burden then of use so far :cry:
Happy Linux user!
Kigge
Warrant Officer

Post by Kigge »

As we dont have a multiplayer post i will post this heads up here.
I will be unable to play this thursday 28 july and saturday 30 july.
Reasons are in order of day: general drunkeness, and runing around in the forest while geting shoot at with 6mm plastic bullets.
Fun week.

Swedens possition.

Swedish economy: noone is really sure if it can be described as an economey at this point.

Swedish military:
Land: desimated. only a couple of handfull infantry batalions remain.
Sea: we think we have a raft somewere.
Air: a few J-35 A draken fighters but nothing more. Only part of the military thats producing more squadrons.

Swedish diplomacy: As a result of our backing of norway in syria we are no longer liked with most of the east block hating us and the west block hates us butt a little less then east. We still have the nordic alliance.

Future plans: Help our nordic friends, keep building J-35 A draken´s for export to finnish and hopefully in the future to norwegian militarys.
Try to keep our money in the green. No more bonds being able to be taken. living on exports for the moment.
zero007
Warrant Officer

Post by zero007 »

Im sorry but I cant play 2.8. I have things to do and i would be late for several hours so its better to cancel this time.
zero007
Warrant Officer

Post by zero007 »

Im sorry but i have to quit this game. I got myself a job and i cant continue playing at all due to work times.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Kigge, you want to continue or end the game? I'm ok with both, though it is more fun to play with more players.
Im sorry but i have to quit this game. I got myself a job and i cant continue playing at all due to work times.
Understandable, was fun playing with you all this time :-)
Happy Linux user!
zero007
Warrant Officer

Post by zero007 »

Maybe in the future i can play again. Currently im working in night shift so i cant play any weekdays at all. But currently i have weekends free to play...
Kigge
Warrant Officer

Post by Kigge »

Sorry for the delay. Just playing with two players would make the diplomacy a little too much one way i think.
However if zero still is able to play at weekend we could still continue?

Return to “After Action Reports”