A couple of questions

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Truemanv2
Corporal
Human: Yes

A couple of questions

Post by Truemanv2 »

Hi. I've been stalking the forums for a while now. I had questions I could not find the answer to using the search feature, so I thought I'd make an account and ask. I apologize if I ask any repeated question, but I have sincerely looked for answers, and couldn't find any.

First off; early warning sites: what do they do and why can't I build them? I have the required tech, they just don't show up. Are they superpower only like the strategic pool?

Secondly, I'm playing as Iraq. Through fumbling in the graphics folder I found a picture of Saddam hussien. I can only infer that this mean he was scripted to take power. It's currently 1974, and he has yet to make his move. Does it only happen when I'm playing a different nation?

Is there a way to change loyalty via modding? I would much like to add Arabistan and remove Kurdistan in Iran to make annexation of the region much smoother. (Invade, defeat, and "liberate" them and keep parts with different loyalty.)

What makes a design obsolete? I've been building Zulfiqar MBTs for years but now they're suddenly obsolete even though I have not acquired any new tank techs. I've recently discovered that the TOWSAN tank is Arab in origins and thus I queued 150 of it and 200 Zulfiqars, but I took a look a few months later and could not find Zulfiqar.

Why are the Khalid and Zarrar tanks not available to Iraq? They were available in SR2020 and are in ultimate if I remember correctly.

Lastly, I'm pumping more money than my allies annually make to them and their population is still decreasing. I'm pumping $18,364m per day to Jordan and they still dropped down from 3 millions to 1.5, with a death to birth ratio of 95k/65k. I can also report a lack of performance in regards of my allies. They barely research anything when when I'm giving them all the transferable techs for free, including units as I can only assume we share the same unit tree as my allies are Arab only.

Thank you.
Truemanv2
Corporal

Re: A couple of questions

Post by Truemanv2 »

Can someone for the love of God at least tell me why Khalid, Tariq and Al-Zarrar tanks won't show up unless I use cheats to boost my gdp?
I've almost everything researched, and I have way more advanced units like the Giza tank, and I halted research when I reached laser weapons. I know for a fact that they only need MP VI and composite armor to show up. I gave up on them and decided that they're not gonna show up but then I experimented with GDP and almost 30 designs I didn't previously able to research showed up. Is there something I'm missing?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Check in the options is you have "hide obsolete units" ticked....
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Truemanv2
Corporal

Post by Truemanv2 »

Already tried that. I have show obsolete, replaced and excluded units checked. I again emphasis that I did not change anything other than my GDP, and by extension, population and population growth, when they appeared on the research list. Furthermore, when they appeared, I made sure to check if they were obsolete or not. They were not.
LoganZombieOfTime
Lieutenant

Post by LoganZombieOfTime »

Truemanv2 wrote: Secondly, I'm playing as Iraq. Through fumbling in the graphics folder I found a picture of Saddam hussien. I can only infer that this mean he was scripted to take power. It's currently 1974, and he has yet to make his move. Does it only happen when I'm playing a different nation?
A player cannot have a military coup or have colonies gain independence from there nation
when you can't build an army, buy it. :evil:

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”