Need help with economy

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Need help with economy

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Hey guys,

I've heard a lot of people who play as the US have more money than they know what to do with--this is not an issue for me.

I became self-sufficient in all the goods that I could viably produce very early on and since then I haven't really expanded much. I don't see the point of producing and selling more of these goods, since that would just drive down the price and the balance of supply/demand would stay the same. My social spending is pretty much maxed out, and I can't think of what else to do. That's not to say I'm rolling in money--I've got nearly 400 billion dollars of debt and my treasury is pretty much static. Any suggestions?
forumname
Major
Human: Yes

Re: Need help with economy

Post by forumname »

Raise your prices to your own populace to maximum, and lock them.

Change auto sell settings to sell 10%-25% of goods produced, (which will stockpile the rest). This will drive the world supply down, and raise the prices, at which point you can either sell bulk to the world market, or crank autosell back up to a higher percentage.

Consumer goods is usually the most profitable commodity, because it takes so much to produce it. If you have enough power, materials, and industrial goods to operate your consumer facilities at 100% production, chances are you need to build more.

Edit: The US is one of the easier countries to start with, just know that multi-trillion dollar economies are possible as just about any nation, you just have to capture more territory to supply it.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”