Does volatility do anything?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Does volatility do anything?

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

So I've played about 10 years game time now and I'm encountering a bit of a problem. I'm playing on medium volatility and, save for completely historical events, nothing is really going on. So far I've been involved in the Korean war and the Arab-Israeli war, both of which happened at the time appointed by history. I changed the outcome of both of them--annexing much of the DPRK and helping Israel to annex Egypt--but I'm becoming increasingly concerned that all the AI is doing is pick units and build infrastructure (if that) and then playing out history, exactly as it happened. It's not really emergent, and another problem is that there are only so many major conflicts that happened in history, and that means a very limited amount of opportunities for me to do...well, anything. So, is there any hope for an interesting game on this level, or will I have to start another at Very High or something? For that matter, does the volatility setting actually change anything?
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Does volatility do anything?

Post by GreenGoblin »

Solution: buy SR 2020 Gold or buy SR 1936. SRCW is about cold war (which was cold). :wink:
Zuikaku
General

Re: Does volatility do anything?

Post by Zuikaku »

Yes, we need some sort of random CB events to get non-historical wars. But after diplomacy is fixed :-)
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”