Bridging Problem

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

irfanahmed1979
Major
Human: Yes

Bridging Problem

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

I've tried it with both the Patton Bridging and Combat Engineer Vehicle units to bridge a small stream/river. Every time I order a challenger I tank to go over these units it slows down as if it were fording. I tried the crossing with and without the bridging units and I couldn't see any major time difference in the crossing with a challenger I tank.

Any advices/ Tips?
number47
General

Re: Bridging Problem

Post by number47 »

Depends how many units are in that hex. If by any chance there are 6+ units there than thac can cause a slowdown in that hex.
Is challenger I tank amphibius? If not than I don't see how is it crossing the same spot without bridging units. If it is amphibious, maybe it is ignoring the bridging and goes by it self across? Or maybe, BG considered the crossing over the engineers bridge is slower and takes more time than crossing the normal road bridge? :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

number47 wrote:Depends how many units are in that hex. If by any chance there are 6+ units there than thac can cause a slowdown in that hex.
Is challenger I tank amphibius? If not than I don't see how is it crossing the same spot without bridging units. If it is amphibious, maybe it is ignoring the bridging and goes by it self across? Or maybe, BG considered the crossing over the engineers bridge is slower and takes more time than crossing the normal road bridge? :wink:
Yes it seems to be the case that movement over engineer bridges is slower than the normal ones.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

If its the same as in 2020, they are very slow crossing via Eng or bridging unit. Just the way it is as the Eng have to deploy/lay the bridge, it of course takes more time than just driving across an existing bridge.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”