BGForums

BattleGoat Studios
It is currently Feb 22 2018

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Apr 13 2014 
Colonel

Human: Yes
I am in 1995 in the Cold War and I am playing as Portugal. When am I going to get some strategic bomber designs to research? I have researched 21st century aircraft and I'm currently researching advanced military designs. At what point is a strategic bomber going to show up for me to research?

PostPosted: Apr 15 2014 
Major

Buy the B-52 from the US

PostPosted: Apr 16 2014 
Colonel

forumname wrote:
Buy the B-52 from the US

uuuh the U.S. doesn't like me very much lol. After I annexed all my colonies by force they sorta stopped selling me things. I did do some digging around in the game files though and found a strategic bomber called the GB-16 Squall which I should be able to research. The only problem is I don't know what the prerequisite techs are for it. Could anyone find out for me? I'd like to have my own strategic bomber before the year 2000.

PostPosted: Apr 21 2014 
Major

Start over, and buy the B-52 from the US.

There is no comparison in this game.

PostPosted: Apr 22 2014 
Lieutenant

Wait, hold up there.

I'm currently in playing as America 1951 and I've just researched the B-52. However, I didn't build many of them, as though their range and missile capacity makes them perfect for nuclear deployment, I deemed them inferior to the B-36 in a tactical capacity because they do less damage ordinarily. But you say there's nothing better in the game--am I missing something?

PostPosted: May 11 2014 
Major

From a 1991 game as US

B-36 D
6415 km range
96 bombs
or 8 missiles
damage
230@9 km / 200@9 km

B-52 H
16500km range
456 bombs
or 38 missiles
damage
210@ 28 km / 180@28km

You decide.

PostPosted: May 12 2014 
Lieutenant

Wait, I'm not quite sure I get it. So, is it that if a bomber is using standoff missiles, it can't carry its usual bombs?

PostPosted: May 17 2014 
Major

Does the cargo volume of the plane magically double simply because you chose to load it with missiles?

General

forumname wrote:
Does the cargo volume of the plane magically double simply because you chose to load it with missiles?

Hard to say since im no expert on magic. Although a run of the mill unmagical plane wouldn't. :wink:

Supreme Ruler

forumname wrote:

Ammo is removed in equal weight to the missiles being added but the aircraft can still load missiles once the supplies value reaches zero. Some hard points are usable for missiles only.

PostPosted: May 26 2014 
Warrant Officer

Cdiplayer wrote:
I am in 1995 in the Cold War and I am playing as Portugal. When am I going to get some strategic bomber designs to research? I have researched 21st century aircraft and I'm currently researching advanced military designs. At what point is a strategic bomber going to show up for me to research?

If I remember right, designs for none primary nations aren't in yet. You'd need to be one of the big nations to have the "good"designs. Otherwise buy them from your neighbors. Curious to see your map though as my games end a lot quicker...

PostPosted: May 26 2014 
Colonel

BlackSoulReaper wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:

If I remember right, designs for none primary nations aren't in yet. You'd need to be one of the big nations to have the "good"designs. Otherwise buy them from your neighbors. Curious to see your map though as my games end a lot quicker...

I did finally get a strategic bomber. Its called the GB 16 Squall and it is similar to the B-1 I think. I will post a short video of what my map looks like right now.

PostPosted: May 30 2014 
Colonel

http://youtu.be/bVQITcdXl3g here's a video of my game. I'm in 2007 right now. I'm researching a new strategic bomber called the Swansea right now but it looks like a crappier version of the B-2 Spirit.

PostPosted: May 31 2014 
Board Admin

That video is so clear. I just cannot get mine to come out like that, may I know what program(s) you used?

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

PostPosted: Jun 19 2014 
Colonel

I used Fraps.