Marshalling troops and forward deployment

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

irfanahmed1979
Major
Human: Yes

Marshalling troops and forward deployment

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

How can I marshall my troops near the border of a country that I want to invade prior to declaration of war? (With the ministers locked out)

Also what is the rally point button's function?
barkhauer
Colonel

Re: Marshalling troops and forward deployment

Post by barkhauer »

If AI control is disabled, you're going to have to manually move and deploy units. Good luck with that.

Rally point tells any unit leaving that facility to head to the designated hex. Think of it like an automatic, repeated move order for each new unit. An example would be a shipyard in Washington state sending the Victory ships it builds to San Diego, where the troops are gathering to board.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

With AI initiative on, you can use BattleZone and Theater priorities to guide the AI for how you want your troops deployed. Right click a location on the map to access these controls.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

thanks for the replies.

Balth, I'm playing a mod in which Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Saudia Arabia, Canada and most of south America have been combined into one country (Greater Pakistan). I did try the theater prioties (I wanted to invade Israel). I set them to high military presence at the hex near the Israeli-Lebanese border but the AI started moving all my units towards Iraq and Iran (or maybe it was just headed in the general direction of Islamabad, my capital). Even four units of Pershing tanks that I had ordered towards the west turned in the opposite direction. I did not know about the battle zone option so I didn't use that.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”