Potential owner of the game: newbie questions

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

irfanahmed1979
Major
Human: Yes

Potential owner of the game: newbie questions

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

Greetings, I'm new to this forum and have only joined in because I wanted to find out more about SRCW before I decide on whether to buy this game or not. I have never played this series I have only read the description on steam and briefly watched a review on Youtube. What interested me was the sandbox mode. I want to know more about it.

1. What can we do in the sandbox mode? Any objectives, time limits etc.?

I'm from Pakistan.

2. Is my country included in the sandbox factions?

3. Is the game moddable (especially for the sandbox mode)? If so I would like to be pointed in the correct direction: What can be modded and how (map, resources, units, money, etc.)?

4. List of all necessary tools for modding?

5. Any cheats for the game? (sandbox mode)

6. How is combat actually resolved? Is it on the same map? (I'm used to total war series and also Matrix games: War in the Pacific AE)

That would be all for now. Thanks.

P.S.: How large is the game download on steam, including the latest updates? Also will it run on Window 8.1?
Zuikaku
General

Re: Potential owner of the game: newbie questions

Post by Zuikaku »

Hi!

1. You can do anything you want. There are no time limits. You can play untill far into the future...And you set your own objectives.

2. Since the original scenario begins in 1936, Pakistan is part of the British Empire (colony). But... even now you got excellent mods which gives you Modern world scenario (starting in 2013) and Cold war scenario (starting in 1949). And any country in the world is playable...

3. The game is moddable and everything you mentioned can be moded.

4. Since I'm not interesting in modding, i can not answer you that. But I think it is done by simple editing of database files (in Excell I suppose)

5. There are cheats available
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/605290-supre ... war/cheats

6. Combat is resolved real time on the same map. I am to WITP AE player, so welcome aboard :D But you have to be aware of the fact that WITP AE handles naval and air combat much better :-)
Please teach AI everything!
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

Thanks for the quick reply.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

irfanahmed1979 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
I really hope they will improve naval warfare in Supreme ruler, but we will never get the battles like in WITP AE...
Please teach AI everything!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

irfanahmed1979 wrote: 4. List of all necessary tools for modding?
Mostly just windows notepad editor ...MS excel can be usefull when dealing with csv files (or some free excel equivalent program) :D
irfanahmed1979 wrote: P.S.: How large is the game download on steam, including the latest updates? Also will it run on Window 8.1?
Around 1GB if I'm not greatly mistaken...not sure about Win 8.1 but it works fine on Win 7 :-)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”