What's the Deal with Missile Units?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GenPatton43
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

What's the Deal with Missile Units?

Post by GenPatton43 »

So, playing as the USSR, I've spent the last 10+ years building a very substantial conventional missile fleet. Now comes time to use them as I am about ready to invade China. But before one Soviet soldier sets foot into Manchuria, I want to render most, if not all, of their military production capacity to nothing.
I've got about a 1,000 each of SS-26's, SS-26 Penetrator's, SCUD's with AP warheads and the new Thermobaric ICBM's. The missile units that will hit the different sites all have a healthy combination of each "Flavor" of missiles. Here's the problem. I have missile units in Mongolia, Siberia and NK. Every single time I execute a launch, the missiles fire, but the launchers do not remain static. They move to the actual target and half the time are picked off by enemy aircraft. What' good is it to have a weapon like the SS-26 and its 400 mile range if the launcher is going to move and get itself killed?
The missiles get the job done most of the time but I may end up losing 3/5 launchers b/c they went into enemy territory. This occurs under human control, not minister also.

Any ideas?

EDIT- The same occurs with aircraft. I lost a full squadron of Backfires that were armed for 400 mile range missiles but the backfires still went to the target

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”