AI questions

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jack16
Captain
Human: Yes

AI questions

Post by Jack16 »

I really love this game, right now I am creating a new reich. Just some questions I wonder about the AI and their tactics.

1. Does the AI use amphibious landing ships in invasions? I have seen them sending merchant ships like crazy, but its not a good tactic to send unprotected landings ships into enemy ports.......

2. Does the AI use aircraft carriers with plains? I don't think I ever have seen an enemy or allied aircraft carrier used as it is supposed to be used (like mobile air base that can support ground fighting or air fights).

3. Why is the AI expanding their economies so slowly? Like I build maybe 10 industrial goods facilities in a year (+ much more), while the AI nations maybe build 1 and maybe another building even when they have powerful economy. Is there no way to increase their activity?

4. Have anyone ever seen a AI nation build an industrial complex or a new base on a empty hex? I do know that some nations build it because the space race, but never seen them doing it to build more military industry or economical reasons...

Kind regards
Jack16
Fistalis
General

Re: AI questions

Post by Fistalis »

Jack16 wrote:I really love this game, right now I am creating a new reich. Just some questions I wonder about the AI and their tactics.

1. Does the AI use amphibious landing ships in invasions? I have seen them sending merchant ships like crazy, but its not a good tactic to send unprotected landings ships into enemy ports.......
No.. its possible but EXTREMELY rare. Generally the AI will use ships to clear out a port and then merchant marines will land there
2. Does the AI use aircraft carriers with plains? I don't think I ever have seen an enemy or allied aircraft carrier used as it is supposed to be used (like mobile air base that can support ground fighting or air fights).
NO
3. Why is the AI expanding their economies so slowly? Like I build maybe 10 industrial goods facilities in a year (+ much more), while the AI nations maybe build 1 and maybe another building even when they have powerful economy. Is there no way to increase their activity?
Tons of free money and goods can help a small amount
4. Have anyone ever seen a AI nation build an industrial complex or a new base on a empty hex? I do know that some nations build it because the space race, but never seen them doing it to build more military industry or economical reasons...
Doesn't happen.. only reason they do for space race is its scripted
Kind regards
Jack16
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

Thank you then!

Do you know if any of those things will be fixed in the upcoming Supreme Ruler 1936 or in an update?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Some corrections;

1. It may, but because it targets to land at piers it gains little from having them. They won't just ignore the ships if they are building a naval invasion force.

2. At times. If it has a carrier and it has planes it may move that carrier to engage and it may call on those planes as being close to the action. It does not well understand the relationship they have though.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”