Control multiple countries?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

a12356
Lieutenant

Control multiple countries?

Post by a12356 »

Is it possible in the newer SR games to control multiple countries while playing singleplayer?

I mean something like save and then take a different country?

It would be fun If I could create a alliance and then divide the world.Or make some countries superior on land or air or sea.
Last edited by a12356 on Nov 01 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Thumboy
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Control multiple countries?

Post by Thumboy »

Unfortunately, I don't think so...
a12356
Lieutenant

Post by a12356 »

Maybe I could start a multiplayer game and just play by myself or?I don't know,to be honest,the game is not installed right now to be honest.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

I have heard people talking about moving save files from single player to multiplayer, then making your changes and then moving the file back. I'm not sure, I don't know about modding at all haha. I an try and find the thread for you if you want? :-)
a12356
Lieutenant

Post by a12356 »

Yeah,thx,do it if you want to.Any help on that is appreciated.

It was possible back in Sr 2010.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

I can't seem to find it, so annoying haha. I will keel looking though :)
a12356
Lieutenant

Post by a12356 »

The devs should think of this as a suggestion for future patches or for SR 1936.

It would be fun to see weird alliances conquering the world and then fighting against each other.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

I agree,not would also be fun to play as your enemies make them realy weak, and then swap back because you could just steamroll them :D
a12356
Lieutenant

Post by a12356 »

Thumboy wrote:I agree,not would also be fun to play as your enemies make them realy weak, and then swap back because you could just steamroll them :D
Typographic mistake or?
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

[_]O sorry haha
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

a12356 wrote:Is it possible in the newer SR games to control multiple countries while playing singleplayer?

I mean something like save and then take a different country?

It would be fun If I could create a alliance and then divide the world.Or make some countries superior on land or air or sea.
You can too an extent. I do the swapping of multiplayer files in order to make the AI more competitive. Like adding additional research facilities for larger hostile nations.
Sending MiG-25's against P-51's gets old kind of quick.
Basically all you do is start a single player game and save it. Then, when ready, go into the SP folder, and copy that game and then back out and go into the MP folder and just drop it in there. Then, you should be able to go into the MP game session and find it under "Saved Games". Pick the country you want and load it.
When you want to switch back or choose another country, Pause the game and save it. *IMPORTANT. Hitting "Pause" does not actually pause it right away. It'll usually take a few seconds before doing so. Obviously, you'll know when it says "Paused" at the top of the screen. Once it says that, hit "Save". A new save game file will be created that will appear in the upper left of the screen. It'll look similar to "MP Save1234567".
(It will not copy over your original file, that only happens in SP.)
From there, you can exit and either choose another nation or go back to your original nation. Repeat the above steps as needed.
When you're all done and ready to go back to SP, take your most current saved MP file and cut that over to the SP save game file. You're then able to go and load that save in SP. If you've created multiple MP files delete all but the most recent to avoid any confusion.

Now, doing this does have some major drawbacks at times. If you have a "Home" nation like I do and the AI is running it while you're playing another nation, the AI is going to do what it wants to do like:
1)Selling some of your best units, usually when you don't want them sold.
2) Sending any inactive units that are on the map back to the reserves. This can be kind of remedied by using "Entrence" for ground units. It doesn't always work but more often than not.
3)Screwing up your production ques. Especially for missiles. It will turn the "AutoBuild" function on and if needed, delete some of your units so it can build its own.
4) If you use Battlegroups, it'll mess them up also.
5) If you go to play as another nation for a bit, for example, you were England and you're now playing the US. After a period of time, your "other" nation that you are currently playing, i.e. The US. Will automatically become a dictatorship.

So, while I do use the ability to switch to other nations, I generally will only do it for a short time before everything that I've worked for in my "Home" nation goes to s**t because of the AI.
Hope it helps and hope I didn't confuse ya.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

And remember you will have to chase down many of your units as they tend to return to reserves. You can stop your naval units by clicking on them, your ground units are OK if they are entrenched, your air units will be the worst and you could loose them if you don't catch them in time. To stop unwanted unit production just shut down your facilaties. And for research load up what you want the other nation/s to research. I do this when I play a commonwealth game. Don't forget to clean out your multiplayer save game file regular basis, it helps the game to run more smoothly and helps to prevent crashes.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”