The A.I and use of nuclear weapons.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

slimbizza
Corporal
Human: Yes

The A.I and use of nuclear weapons.

Post by slimbizza »

Playing as china, I have developed basically 20kt and 100 kt free fall nuclear weapons and built TU-95's as the delivery systems that was purchased tech from the soviet union. This is to ensure my survivability of course!

India and Pakistan entered into war. I thought this might be a testing ground for my tech. I gave both India and Pakistan each 20 100kt and 20 20 kt Nuclear bombs along with 5 TU-95's each to use them on each other at the start of the conflict. I was disappointed when I didn't see no nukes being used as I waited. India took over East Pakistan, then steam rolled Pakistan after that. No nukes were used by Pakistan even in the most desperate situation.

What is this??? My smile went to a frown :(.

My settings are Medium world volatility and Medium Nuclear weapon penalty.

So my question is. Will the A.I ever use nukes? Or are they just for show? The most iconic weapon of the cold war.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: The A.I and use of nuclear weapons.

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC, Only the AI superpowers will make the decision to go nuclear. But they can do so, it's been reported before.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
slimbizza
Corporal

Post by slimbizza »

I see. Is their any way to change this, perhaps a mod? I want all powers to use every available resource especially if the situation dictates they use them.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not to my knowledge, maybe a modder has found something...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Not to my knowledge, maybe a modder has found something...
Likely hard coded. You'd have to check with george to confirm but alot of the special functions of the Superpowers are hardcoded to their Region ID. You can change which nations are superpowers by giving them the default superpower region IDs.. but you cannot have more than 2. For example China can go nuclear in the modern world and using the big red button as the U.S. nukes china rather than Russia.

It "may" be possible if someone wanted to copy nukes unit stats but tag them as non nuclear. AI would then Use them as any other missile. But it wouldn't think twice about using them and would likely be the first missiles deployed given their stats. (every war with a nuclear nation would pretty much be a nuclear war)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

How do you get the A.I. to go to nuclear war? I've played the U.S. and the only time russian went to nuclear war with me was after I did it first.
slimbizza
Corporal

Post by slimbizza »

Fistalis wrote:
Likely hard coded. You'd have to check with george to confirm but alot of the special functions of the Superpowers are hardcoded to their Region ID. You can change which nations are superpowers by giving them the default superpower region IDs.. but you cannot have more than 2. For example China can go nuclear in the modern world and using the big red button as the U.S. nukes china rather than Russia.

It "may" be possible if someone wanted to copy nukes unit stats but tag them as non nuclear. AI would then Use them as any other missile. But it wouldn't think twice about using them and would likely be the first missiles deployed given their stats. (every war with a nuclear nation would pretty much be a nuclear war)
Which in itself would be rare early to mid game as many countries don't have them. This actually might be more realistic in scenarios where India is at the doorstep of Pakistan's capital. I might take a crack at changing this, if in fact it is possible.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

slimbizza wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

Which in itself would be rare early to mid game as many countries don't have them. This actually might be more realistic in scenarios where India is at the doorstep of Pakistan's capital. I might take a crack at changing this, if in fact it is possible.
Yes it might work well for the cold war scenario.. however it would be overkill to implement in say the modern world mod. :wink:
Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

Fistalis wrote:It "may" be possible if someone wanted to copy nukes unit stats but tag them as non nuclear. AI would then Use them as any other missile. But it wouldn't think twice about using them and would likely be the first missiles deployed given their stats. (every war with a nuclear nation would pretty much be a nuclear war)
Okay, I really want to try this. How do I modify it if it's possible?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Boeing707 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:It "may" be possible if someone wanted to copy nukes unit stats but tag them as non nuclear. AI would then Use them as any other missile. But it wouldn't think twice about using them and would likely be the first missiles deployed given their stats. (every war with a nuclear nation would pretty much be a nuclear war)
There is one specific column iirc called "is nuke" it would a matter of switching that from a 1 to a 0 for each nuke then recaching. There may be other modifications needed I dont have time before work to take a close look at the specific settings involved in the unit file for missiles.
You would no longer get the "oh noes a nuclear attack" message but this missiles would still do the devastating damage just be considered conventional missiles. (seeing as there is no radiation effects the only major difference is the hit to relations using nukes cause which would also be mitigated by the above change)
Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

Fistalis wrote:
Boeing707 wrote:
There is one specific column iirc called "is nuke" it would a matter of switching that from a 1 to a 0 for each nuke then recaching. There may be other modifications needed I dont have time before work to take a close look at the specific settings involved in the unit file for missiles.
You would no longer get the "oh noes a nuclear attack" message but this missiles would still do the devastating damage just be considered conventional missiles. (seeing as there is no radiation effects the only major difference is the hit to relations using nukes cause which would also be mitigated by the above change)
Is there a file that I should modify?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Boeing707 wrote:Is there a file that I should modify?
few dozen entries in the unit file and a recache.
Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

Fistalis wrote:
Where do i find the unit file?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Boeing707 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
Where do i find the unit file?
Supreme Ruler Cold war / Maps/ Data/ Unit.default If your unfamiliar with modding though you may have a problem figuring out which column to change. Its my thursday so I can try to guide you to the specific column on my saturday (tuesday)
Boeing707
Lieutenant

Post by Boeing707 »

Ok. I can't figure out how to mod it.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”