Can I influence my sphere or help another country in war?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

vorius
Lt. Colonel

Can I influence my sphere or help another country in war?

Post by vorius »

Im playing Iran which is still a democracy. Im aligned with the blues.

Is there a way I can move my sphere into communists? I have "delighted" ties with USSR and China and China is in a proxy war now where USA was kicking their butt but I started giving them free units and military supplies via diplomatic offers which really helped turn the tide but they cannot retake the coastline by Hong Kong because the AI does not seem to be able to cope with the US naval units there which have high bombardment values at long range. I gifted them dozens of artillery with good ship attack and range but have not seen it deployed there yet (I keep spies there to monitor the situation).

I would really like to be able to join that proxy war and send in my own units to fight sort of like some other communist nations are doing (Though barely). Any way I can do this? Even with delighted diplomatic ties they do no want to accept ANY treaty with me even if I offer $100 B.

Just wish I could get involved in this war and fear that if I just DOW USA then the whole world including communists will be against me
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Can I influence my sphere or help another country in war

Post by Legend »

If you have the correct treaties with the nation where you want to fight from then your units can fight. You will take land for your ally. You will get supplied by the supply of the land your unit is in.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vorius wrote:Im playing Iran which is still a democracy. Im aligned with the blues.

Is there a way I can move my sphere into communists? I have "delighted" ties with USSR and China and China is in a proxy war now where USA was kicking their butt but I started giving them free units and military supplies via diplomatic offers which really helped turn the tide but they cannot retake the coastline by Hong Kong because the AI does not seem to be able to cope with the US naval units there which have high bombardment values at long range. I gifted them dozens of artillery with good ship attack and range but have not seen it deployed there yet (I keep spies there to monitor the situation).

I would really like to be able to join that proxy war and send in my own units to fight sort of like some other communist nations are doing (Though barely). Any way I can do this? Even with delighted diplomatic ties they do no want to accept ANY treaty with me even if I offer $100 B.

Just wish I could get involved in this war and fear that if I just DOW USA then the whole world including communists will be against me
Alls you need is mutual defense and transit treaties to take part in a proxy war. Sphere leaning doesn't matter.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
vorius
Lt. Colonel

Post by vorius »

Very cool, thanks for the responses!

Now if only I could understand why China refuses to accept any treaty with me... clearly there is more involved than diplomatic relations since that is maxed out. The civilian relations is not maxed but probably at around 75% full bar.

Edit: Actually civ bar is closer to 90%, it says 'Pleased'.

I event tried CTRL SHIFT + S and changed diplomacy to Very Easy. They still dont seem to entertain any offer for either Mutual Defense or Land Supply/Transit.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vorius wrote:Very cool, thanks for the responses!

Now if only I could understand why China refuses to accept any treaty with me... clearly there is more involved than diplomatic relations since that is maxed out. The civilian relations is not maxed but probably at around 75% full bar.

Edit: Actually civ bar is closer to 90%, it says 'Pleased'.

I event tried CTRL SHIFT + S and changed diplomacy to Very Easy. They still dont seem to entertain any offer for either Mutual Defense or Land Supply/Transit.
Nah just imagine the bar goes above 100%.. you need relations at ~150%.

BTW changing it to very easy wouldn't help in short term.. it effects the way relations change over time.
vorius
Lt. Colonel

Post by vorius »

Fistalis wrote: Nah just imagine the bar goes above 100%.. you need relations at ~150%.

BTW changing it to very easy wouldn't help in short term.. it effects the way relations change over time.
:-? Odd... thanks for the tip! sounds like a bug though...

Edit: So its been a while of just endlessly gifting China money enough to even bring their casus belli on me down to 0%, still refuses any attempt at signing treaties. This is getting frustrating...
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vorius wrote:
Fistalis wrote: Nah just imagine the bar goes above 100%.. you need relations at ~150%.

:-? Odd... thanks for the tip! sounds like a bug though...

Edit: So its been a while of just endlessly gifting China money enough to even bring their casus belli on me down to 0%, still refuses any attempt at signing treaties. This is getting frustrating...
Certain treaties offered at the same time increase the odds for some strange reason. Play around with the diff treaties adding/removing them till it turns green. IIRC if you offer a mutal defence then add alliance it goes better.. although its been awhile since I "gamed" the diplomacy system so it could be wrong. Don't forget you can add a bit of cash at the same time as offering a treaty to sweeten the pot.
vorius
Lt. Colonel

Post by vorius »

Fistalis wrote: Certain treaties offered at the same time increase the odds for some strange reason. Play around with the diff treaties adding/removing them till it turns green. IIRC if you offer a mutal defence then add alliance it goes better.. although its been awhile since I "gamed" the diplomacy system so it could be wrong. Don't forget you can add a bit of cash at the same time as offering a treaty to sweeten the pot.
Hey, thanks for this suggestion. It worked.

Once I stacked the third treaty option, the acceptance chance went from red to green without even having to add money to the offer. How bizarre! Then I just continued piling on treaty options up to a full alliance and it remained green! This has go to be a bug...

Previously, I would ask for just one treaty plus throw in hundreds of millions of dollars and it would never budge from red. Now I pile on multiple treaty options and suddenly they are all for it...

Thanks to this I was able to help China push out the allies from Hong Kong and take over S. Korea. And then I declared war on India and they hate me now :lol:
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

China eventually declares war on India, as a scripted event.....

If I haven't already, I wait for this to conclude, and then mop up and occupy both countries, establishing my workforce for the eventual conquering of the world...

BTW I just finished a game as Iran...no matter what you do, no matter how many "blue" countries you attack and conquer, as close to "red" as you can ever become is "white"....

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”