Multiplayer Events

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nickwjm
Sergeant

Multiplayer Events

Post by nickwjm »

Hi all,

Not sure if this post is best here or the multiplayer forum, since the latter seems mostly full of ppl looking for games I thought here was a good bet.

So could anyone confirm if there are scripted events in multiplayer for Player Controlled nations?.. I have searched the manual and forum and cant find a definitive answer on this.

Take the Suez crisis for instance, when I played as the UK and Israel were AI controlled they got the event but I didn't.. Yet Suez was a joint Brit, French, Israeli venture. Also when I started as North Korea to test there seemed to be no event for the Korean War..

It works find if I am on the receiving end of a event, like if I played South Korea than N Korea would always declare war.. just not the other way around.

Thanks
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Multiplayer Events

Post by Fistalis »

Events whether in single player or multiplayer have a set of criteria to determine if they go off. In the MAJORITY of events in the default campaign they will not fire if the player is the main actor.
In your example north korea is the main actor so when playing NK the event wont fire since you are free to follow the historical time line or not. It would kind of defeat the purpose of player control if the events forced you into certain actions.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”