usa domestic approval

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

joecool250
Captain

usa domestic approval

Post by joecool250 »

i am playing as USA and barely winning elections by the skin of my hind end, approval goes from 24% - 28% and i tell finance minister to focus on DAR but i dont want to contain mountain of debt, i hate good consumer products and let the minister control prices, if i subsidize exports plummet and my finances go to hell. i am post korean war, won that, brought my entire military home, got rid of obselete units, keeping some units but all in reserve except those in germany. i am making new units but slowly, and trying to build new production when it seems profitable but not going overboard. what can i do to improve DAR while not getting huge number of bonds.
PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: usa domestic approval

Post by PyongYang »

Take control of the prices/taxes yourself (padlock the minister out) and slowly raise the subsidies until DAR starts to improve. Lowering taxes and increasing spending a bit helps also.
forumname
Major
Human: Yes

Post by forumname »

Honestly, this is just one aspect I stopped worrying about for two reasons:

1. It seemed really easy to forget about DAR for 3.75 years, jack the finances around for the 90 days before the election, and win..

2. I like to annex territory. Keeping DAR at a level where you cans still win elections becomes a chore after conquering China, and or India...so I just don't bother anymore.

I usually run at about 30-35% tax rate, adding to social when it is possible, not for DAR and elections, but for productivity and consumer spending to be in line towards having a roughly 300 trillion dollar economy by the late 60's.

When I start a game, I fully expect to hit the "continue as dictator" button, and of course to have a UN rating of 0.0....

If winning elections is primary in your playstyle, you might consider colonies/liberation rather than annexing, when that choice arises, especially for larger population countries.
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

yeah the type of election style seems kind of clumsy, things that affect outcomes arent here, and i think others have mentioned social spending shouldnt be on focus as much as social quality like the percents, also the price controls are bad, why cant we tell them to lower domestic prices but hike exports, etc.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”