why am i losing money

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

reapergkh
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

why am i losing money

Post by reapergkh »

ok here is my problem im in 2042 and had about 480,000,000,000,000 and now im down to 323,335,439,000,000.
daily income is 4,458,540. arrow is pointing up and green. annual income is 1627,367,403.
daily expenses are 4,356,100. arrow point up and down at times. annual expenses are 1589,976,894.
surplus/deficit is 102,439. arrow is mostly green but always on the plus side. surplus/deficit is 37,390,441.
trade is 58,892.
debt is $ 0.00.
I been fighting this most of game and could get it corrected but as I got to about 2025 and up became harder and harder and now with everything on the plus side for many yrs its been losing me money since about 2040. it makes no sense to me why im pos in everything excepted my money total
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: why am i losing money

Post by Balthagor »

reapergkh wrote: why am i losing money
reapergkh wrote:had about 480,000,000,000,000
That's your answer. This is a known issue. If the numbers get too far out of range it affects the math and reporting of numbers in the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

Balthagor wrote:
reapergkh wrote: why am i losing money
reapergkh wrote:had about 480,000,000,000,000
That's your answer. This is a known issue. If the numbers get too far out of range it affects the math and reporting of numbers in the game.[/quot

im sorry I just decided to try this game out since the 19th and playing as the USA and letting it run nonstop till Monday the 27th when I couldn't stop it from running money down. balth all I was doing was asking for info so now I know to destroy everything before 2020 and ill be good. thank you for info. im just glad you know your game is still broke. but it is better than last I played it before update. again thank you.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's not broken, it was never designed to have numbers that high.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

Balthagor wrote:It's not broken, it was never designed to have numbers that high.

i'm sorry balth but it is broken since I let the game play out. I didn't even build military up till like 2020. I worked on just making money kept everything in check to stay on positive side. id check it in morning and after I got home from work. and either everything was good or id have to take care of my production stuff to stay positive so guess what if game wasn't meant to go that high then why did it and by the way if you hold mouse cursor over the gold symbol it reads 323,335,439,000,000. if I just look at it it reads 323,335,439. so i'm baffled at you saying "It's not broken, it was never designed to have numbers that high." try it out and you will see, by the way I wasn't bitching I was just wanting to know if anyone had any ideas. cause since I gave up on the setting for relations to be hot and basically no one other that Vietnam warring and north and south Korea warring and Israel and Egypt hardly anyone goes to war then is all quiet till England and Argentina goes to war. so I decided to just play the game and see how much money I could make and basically your telling me there's a limit to it so around 2000 I should just destroy the world. so as a player of this game it is broken or id be able to let it keep making me as much money as I wanted it to make me. as I said before ill just destroy the world from 2020 and on
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

reapergkh wrote:...so as a player of this game it is broken or id be able to let it keep making me as much money as I wanted it to make me...
This where there is a misunderstanding. Based on the game dates you're playing, I would assume you're playing a mod. Starting from 1950, players should not be able to get treasuries as large as what you have without "gaming the system". It should at least be exceedingly rare. The engine is incapable of properly dealing with numbers that large for the treasury.

In comparison to your comment above, as a player of Battlefield 3, I'd like my soldier to sprout wings and fly. But he can't, because the game is not designed to do that. It does not in any way make the game broken. Our game doesn't support extremely large treasury numbers, designing your own units or building dragons. None of this makes the game broken.

I don't/didn't think you're bitching. I think you expect the engine to do something it does not do. My goal was to clarify for you that you are outside the parameters of what the game supports. I know I defend our game very strongly but I don't think that will surprise anyone, with all the work we put into it.

BTW, if you gave away all your money you would likely begin gaining money in your treasury. I can't say for sure, because your income and expense values may also be out of range at the level you indicated.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

Balthagor wrote:
reapergkh wrote:...so as a player of this game it is broken or id be able to let it keep making me as much money as I wanted it to make me...
This where there is a misunderstanding. Based on the game dates you're playing, I would assume you're playing a mod. Starting from 1950, players should not be able to get treasuries as large as what you have without "gaming the system". It should at least be exceedingly rare. The engine is incapable of properly dealing with numbers that large for the treasury.

In comparison to your comment above, as a player of Battlefield 3, I'd like my soldier to sprout wings and fly. But he can't, because the game is not designed to do that. It does not in any way make the game broken. Our game doesn't support extremely large treasury numbers, designing your own units or building dragons. None of this makes the game broken.

I don't/didn't think you're bitching. I think you expect the engine to do something it does not do. My goal was to clarify for you that you are outside the parameters of what the game supports. I know I defend our game very strongly but I don't think that will surprise anyone, with all the work we put into it.

BTW, if you gave away all your money you would likely begin gaining money in your treasury. I can't say for sure, because your income and expense values may also be out of range at the level you indicated.

balth there was no mods at all. this has happened everytime I try to let the game just run and run cause since theres no wars I like to see how rich I can make the USA. as I said I set the setting so the other countries will be more hostile towards each other. believe its hot relations which doesn't work for beans cause u get the scripted wars and that's it. here is what I did because of no wars unless I start them. I started game I get my production stuff in order so everything is good and making me money. I then start researching everything. I reserve all my units and even scrap some. I turn off all my land air navel buildings anything to do with them except barracks. then all I did was walk away let it run let it be and check in every once in awhile to make sure I was still making money but at same time my population I notice was going way up and as it went up further in game that's when I started noticing things and by 2040s I couldn't build enough AG and water stuff but population kept going up. I also noticed that as time went on countries like Russia Britain and a few others was in the - far more than I was in the +. I had the social setting way under what it needed just to stay green on money but then after doing this or doing that I came home from work and even though everything was green arrows up I was losing money. so to sum it up after the post you posted I deleted the game completely since you said it wasn't meant to be played like that. so i'm thinking well then guess game is total crap. ill put it like this if I buy a car and I drive for 12 hrs and the car dies and the manufacturer tell me that well DA it wasn't meant to be driven that long of a time. id be like well its broke then.

oh and also I noticed when I started wars the UN was at 0.0 but never got kick out like before and my fee membership kept-ed going up and up.
what I will do is after I get back from my vacation I will reinstall it and when it does same thing I will let you know cause I got it to do it more than once so i'm sure it will do it again. btw game is better than others like it but if I cant play it like its suppose to be played then I cant play it. it just adds up to a lot of wasted time. |O
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

[quote="reapergkh"...I try to let the game just run and run...I like to see how rich I can make the USA...I reserve all my units and even scrap some. I turn off all my land air navel buildings anything to do with them except barracks. then all I did was walk away let it run let it be and check in every once in awhile...[/quote]

That would be gaming the system.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”