Soviet Ghost Armies

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PalSnuke
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Soviet Ghost Armies

Post by PalSnuke »

So imagine this, I'm playing as the US and I've been at war with the USSR since very near the start of the game. In the early 1950's, I helped the S. Koreans defeat N. Korea, and as I'm cleaning up from that war, the Soviets swarm the Korean peninsula and there's nothing I could do to stop them. Fast forward to 1957, and I built an invasion force and was in the process of retaking Korea from the Soviets. The fighting was thick, especially around Seoul, and required the use of 8 nuclear weapons to dislodge the Russian defenses. One of these nuclear weapons wiped out the Seoul military complex with a barracks where many hundreds of Soviet infantry battalions were repairing. A key strike wouldn't you agree? Anyhow, After much thick and bloody fighting, 50'000 US casualties, and untold thousands of Soviet Casualties, Seoul has been taken, and the back of the Russian defenses has been broken. Or so I thought as you will see. As I continue my march north, mopping up the rest of the Soviet forces in Korea, suddenly I am being assaulted from behind by hundreds of thousands of Soviet infantry that I was certain had been destroyed in the fight for Seoul! Suddenly my assured victory was turned into a panicked retreat and scramble for survival. I was being assaulted from behind from the fully-repaired, Soviet ghost infantry that had been annihilated by my nuclear weapons at the Seoul military complex!! I used the forum search but was unable to find anything like this, what should I do??!
forumname
Major

Re: Soviet Ghost Armies

Post by forumname »

If you are on normal difficulty, the soviets have a lot of units, but they are generally not of very high quality.

It sounds as if you have a classic battle of attrition going on, and you just have to outproduce the Russians for the duration, but you have to keep in mind that until you begin to actually take their production facilities, the USSR can last a very long time.
PalSnuke
Warrant Officer

Post by PalSnuke »

Yea, it's been a very fun military campaign. I played a lot of sr2020 and it always seemed like the game lost its challenge after the first couple of wars. This has been a refreshing experience, as far as combat goes.

As for the Ghost units, I've never seen units come out of reserve/repair from a destroyed facility, especially when it is in territory that they don't even own anymore.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

I'm curious is these units are amphibious, landing at the repaired port?
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Maybe South Korean guerillas that joinded the Soviets after you repeatedly nuked their country? :lol:
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

forumname wrote:I'm curious is these units are amphibious, landing at the repaired port?
^This
PalSnuke
Warrant Officer

Post by PalSnuke »

forumname wrote:I'm curious is these units are amphibious, landing at the repaired port?
Sorry for such a long time to reply. This is what I suspected when it first started happening, so I started flying recon planes over the area and the nearby ports, and that revealed them to be appearing out of thin air. Quite a strange happening for sure.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

So, the Ruskies have been teleporting behind your frontlines? Hehehe how sneaky of them :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”