what dictates who buys your commodities?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Decimvs
Sergeant
Human: Yes

what dictates who buys your commodities?

Post by Decimvs »

What dictates who buys my commodities? For example: one game, i went all out and took over iran as ussr, my allies broke alliances with me when i continued onto iraq. Eventually i took over the entire middle east to have a huge part of the oil market.

Problem was, despite producing most of the worlds petroleum, no one was buying off me because they hate me. Is it the free trade agreements that gets you buyers or what? So my aggressive plan for a monopoly failed. Everyone bought from venezuela instead even though i had waaaaaaay more oil. And do nato countries buy from warsaw pact or vice versa? Thanks.
forumname
Major

Re: what dictates who buys your commodities?

Post by forumname »

Think of it as one, big "world market"....

If you have a ton of oil, and it is available to sell, this affect the market price (making it lower)

load that game, lock your oil minister, set sell excess production to zero %...

If you do this, eventually the price of oil will rise on the world market, and you will begin to get private offers from countries for oil....

petrol starts off really cheap in this game....but there is a limited quantity....

You can manipulate every aspect of the world market in this way.
Decimvs
Sergeant

Post by Decimvs »

okay thank you. So even the USA will buy my oil if its the only one on the market, even if they hate my guts?
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Yes and no, especially around the 1970's, as the game follows the historic "oil crisis" of that time period.....

If you have a large stock, and are not selling, the price will go up, market availability will be "poor", and you will receive private offers from a ton of countries...although private offers can be affected by diplomatic relations...

When this begins to happen, bump up your "sell excess %" to 25% or 30%(don't forget to have lock on minister, or they will generally sell 100% of excess unless you have the "stockpile" option on).....this is sold on the world market, and even countries that hate you will buy it in this fashion, and it will move very quickly.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”