automanagemnt

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Decimvs
Sergeant
Human: Yes

automanagemnt

Post by Decimvs »

Okay, I'm sick of repeating campaigns and always having to put effort into managing my economy only to fail because of the repetitive industry and consumer good shortage. What are the best settings for cabinet ministers so that I can just focus on my military, I want my economy entirely managed by the ai, how can I make it so the ai runs my economy the way the AI runs other countries to well?
forumname
Major

Re: automanagemnt

Post by forumname »

When building, the construction requires industrial goods.

Most of the time, consumer goods eats the vast majority of your industrial goods, (and electrical power as well) then when you go to build, you wind up with a shortage...

I will drop consumer good production to zero if need be (by locking minister out), and let the construction happen before re-enabling it.

A similar (temporary) result can be obtained by maxxing out the price of consumer goods, which creates less demand, and after construction is finished, unlock your minister and he will reset the price.

I know this is not the "one setting for auto-economy" you are looking for, it is merely a suggestion on how to deal with an immediate shortage of industrial goods.

The economy is the game. If you can master the economy side, the military side is cake, as you will have enough cash to do whatever you want.
Decimvs
Sergeant

Post by Decimvs »

I've restarted campaigns over and over, its impossible to be self sufficient AND make any kind of profit with a rising GDP. The fact that America is never self sufficient in anything and always seems to be the richest with high GDP is bullshit, the ai is better then me. If I cut consumer goods then my people will never get it from imports cause other countries are too stupid to produce, but once again, somehow always have money and a high gdp... I always play as the USSR to.
Decimvs
Sergeant

Post by Decimvs »

And to add to that, I have over 5,000,000 people immigrating into the ussr with only 57,000 emigrating, 0% taxes, high social spending well above recommended. (I can sustain this because of the massive amounts of domestic sales.) my unemployment rate is still 2.7% even with all these people moving in. self sufficiency just isnt possible. I built 40 coal power plants at a time and its as if it didnt even help, i still cant get self sufficient in electricity. ive played 10 years just working commodities, ai simply cheats, like most other ai's in games.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The AI does not cheat. It has the same limits and abilities as the player.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

You're Lucky.. For me USA don't even build an army. I got to transfer my save into multiplayer and reenable auto unit construction every months. I stoped that when I discovered that they were selling all their units away as soon as they are built... Any suggestion to fix that?
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Decimvs
Sergeant

Post by Decimvs »

Balthagor wrote:The AI does not cheat. It has the same limits and abilities as the player.
I know, but I work so hard just to keep up and cant ever build enough as ussr to be self sufficient in everything, while the nato countries arent self sufficient in nearly anything but are still top dogs.. then if i let my ministers do anything, they totally drive my country to the ground, i just don't get it.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

If you want, pm me and i will send you a save game where Russia is self sufficient.

About the only thing left to do is slaughter the US....circa 1973

i am insanely curious why you would have a zero tax rate....35% seems to work very well in all situations.
Decimvs
Sergeant

Post by Decimvs »

Subject: automanagemnt
forumname wrote:If you want, pm me and i will send you a save game where Russia is self sufficient.

About the only thing left to do is slaughter the US....circa 1973

i am insanely curious why you would have a zero tax rate....35% seems to work very well in all situations.
I have 0% tax rate because i make so much money off domestic sales i can spend in social spending far past the recommended and still make 450 million profit.
My unemployment rate is 2.5% and have over 5,000,000 immigrants with only 47,000 emmigrating, so the no taxe rate helps me get more workers. My gpd is right below the us, will catch up soon. If i add any taxes whatsoever, then my gdp starts dtopping.
Its 1958. Im self sufficient in everything but water and electricity. And i spam build plants over and over and i just cannot ever catch up to the demand with those two.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

hello

i am not self sufficent in consumer goods and industrial goods so i purchase them from other countries. I also increase the domestic prices ,which it works for me, On the other hand i am self sufficent on coal and steel productions but in my game ,as 1956 they were not very profitable on coal selling price was equal with production cost and for steel it was worse than coal, production cost was higher than selling price. So i shutted down all coal and steel facilities because instead of producing i decided to buy them from market. right now my minister is looking to reduce costs.

Finally what i try to say, u dont need to be selfsufficient for all goods. Maybe in time you can be but you dont have to. Sometimes importing is more logical than producing relative good. This is what i love in this game.

I hope it was helpful in anycase i just wanted to share my experience with you.

Regards,

Burak
number47
General

Post by number47 »

burock82 wrote:Finally what i try to say, u dont need to be selfsufficient for all goods. Maybe in time you can be but you dont have to. Sometimes importing is more logical than producing relative good. This is what i love in this game.
The only resources one needs to try to be selfsufficient are: oil, electric, industrial and consumer goods since these are the most expensive and most scarse on the world market...mil goods are also good to be selfsufficient in case of warmongering aspirations :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

I tried to be self sufficient on consumer goods but it increased my production cost so i decided to shut down some facilities to decrease the cost and import the remaining demand. Tonight i will make a excel sheet which facility produces what amount goods and i will try to calculate production cost :) (By the way if you know that how the game calculates production cost of relative good, i will be glad if you share with me)
To do that i need a confirmation production of a facility is reltaed with supply rate , for example ; if oil complex( assume that produce 10.000 tons/year(or day)) constructed on a hex which has %60 supply rate. So my production is ; 0.60*10000 = 600 tons/year (or day). Is this calculation correct?

Thanks in advance

Burak.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

burock82 wrote: for example ; if oil complex( assume that produce 10.000 tons/year(or day)) constructed on a hex which has %60 supply rate. So my production is ; 0.60*10000 = 600 tons/year (or day). Is this calculation correct?
Yes, it is correct.
As for the whole production costs "issue" there was a huge thread with George and Balthagor from BG explaining the costs (and economy in general) to a forum member but I can't remember where was it. If I find it I'll post the link

EDIT: here it is, I think at least :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”