Questions Regarding Game Play

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GenPatton43
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Questions Regarding Game Play

Post by GenPatton43 »

First, forgive me if this should have been posted in the "Support" category. I just didn't really consider it a support issue, just random thoughts & questions on game play itself.
Just curious to know if anyone has experienced or if they are aware of the AI ever launching a first strike? I've been playing as the US and as I normally do, I tend to load up on whatever missile units that I can even for the 1950's. I've got 78 missile factories but I'm in a bind as far as what to do with the nukes available. Will the USSR (AI), again, as I play the US, ever launch a first strike? One would expect that even if its say, less then 5% chance of doing so, it kinda keeps you honest in developing nukes. But if that 'Threat" isn't there it kinda kills that as aspect of the game. If the answers no, than other than if the player plans to at some point, developing nukes are pointless.

Also curious to know the reasoning behind the inability to use cruise missiles during a proxy war? If I try to fire one at its its target, like China, than I'm automatically at war with them. I've got 10,000+ AGM-12's and Hound Dog missiles,but they're useless to me unless I formally declare war on China.

Just a random thought here. I hope in future versions of SRGC & SR 1936 that more thought goes into the tech tree and researching in general. Granted, I'm currently playing as the US atm, but its 1958 and I've already unlocked a vast majority of the total available technologies. F-14's going against Japanese Zero's is pretty cool in a film such as The Final Countdown and a little funny now. But I have found myself buying and building MiG-21's & T-54's and giving them to China & Vietnam jjust so that its a bit more of a fair fight. Perhaps a cap on the number of research facilities a nation can build? Or just drastically increasing the development time.
Any help or answers are greatly appreciated. (I'm really curious about the AI launching nukes on their own.)
Thanks!
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Questions Regarding Game Play

Post by Legend »

Hey, thanks for the questions...

For future reference, please open new threads for separate ideas...

For nukes - there is some chance of the other side attacking but it is rare and it is mostly up to the player to attack with nukes. As for, what to do... use Strategic Targeting - a button by the top of the screen/interface. In there you can assign platforms and missiles.

Proxy war - you'll have to look at proxy war rules. If region A is your ally, and A is at war with B, you being region C... you have to be in region A attacking into region B to get proxy. I think you have to fly in from A's airports etc. And you'll take land for "A", from "B", if you are doing it from region A.

Some Proxy War information is here w/ treaties - http://www.supremewiki.com/node/79
I tried searching our forums for other proxy information and didn't find any... anyone?

Tech Tree - for 1936 we have introduced many new techs, and there are "era techs" that are more closely tied in to slow down speeding through an area of the tech tree.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”