Profit issue

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

burock82
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Profit issue

Post by burock82 »

Hello Again

I am playing with Turkey and i became ally of Israel which is at war with Egypt. I sent some units including bomber to help Israel and of cource my profit(Surplus) dropped but now i pull back all my troops and units aback to Turkey but i am still in negative profit. I am checking my income and expenses, i am calculating sum of expenses it should be around 450-500 but it says 800 instead of it.

Is it kind of bug? or what is the reason for it?

thanks in advance
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Profit issue

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Trading with other countries alot ? The diplomatic deals don't show up on these expense reports
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

No idea! In the begining i thought my profit ,i mean net income, dropped because i sent my units to far away from Home land so it was taking too much cost to supply them and it would come back to old number when i pull back my forces. But it remains same I couldn't figure out why it happens! or what the solution is
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

if you have the game saved before you sent your troops, let it run without sending your troops.

It is possible the economic "change' had nothing to do with your troop movements, therefore pulling your troops back will not correct it.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

probabely it is because of signing supply agreements. I am allied with Greece and it has no war with any other
country. But Israel is at war with Egypt so probably it is affecting my net income. I started new game this time i will be more careful :D
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Here my expenses

state 155 mil usd
treasury 5,591 mil usd
Production 6,956 mil usd
Research 2,052 mil usd
Defence 471 mil usd

total it should be 15,225 mil usd

but it says 27,832 mil usd This is what i mean!! what is it wrong with the game ?
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Did you do this with the game paused?

If you run on fastest, the top will change before you add the bottom, and the total displayed will not add up to your "calculations"...

I just loaded 4 old savegames, and when paused, every single one added up correctly.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

i did it with pause ! i dont know where that difference come from.

is it possible when you sell too much goods to outside you get deficit?
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

What you are seeing is just the lapse between checks for the total sum.

If you watch that column, as the day goes by, as units are produced, trades are made, etc, the numbers in the column change at different times throughout the day, however the total seems to only update at the day change (clock at 12:00)

If I understand your post, you are expecting that at every millisecond of every day, the sum should be checked and updated whenever anything changes...

It just doesn't do that.

Nothing is broken, it just isn't keeping a "to the millisecond" account of your finances.

Sometimes, the total will actually show MORE than you have if you add the columns, sometimes LESS, depending on when you look during the day.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

ok now it is clear i think. So when i am producing tanks or fighters, costs may be higher than what it shows ?

ithink it is okey now
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Can you e-mail me a savegame so I can look at your numbers?

Please zip it before sending, include ticket 17145 in your subject line.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

i sent it last night

thanks for the help
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Instead of giving lots of details here in the post, I've taken the time to write up some information for the SupremeWiki;

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/302

I used screenshots from your savegame for my post. When I run time, the value added to your treasury each day is equal to your surplus added to your trade balance.

It seems that the Research Efficiency value is not being added to the Research Total but is added properly to the Expenses Total. I'll investigate further, but if anyone can confirm this...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

I am seeing the difference in research totals from the research tab and the total tab...in my game it is right at a 24m difference....(research tab > amount for research in annual tab)

When the game is paused just after "midnight" (start of a new day) this 24m difference is still seen if you sum the totals..

In my case the displayed total at the bottom is 24m more than the sum of the subtotals, suggesting the shortage is in fact accounted for in the total at the bottom...

Again I am going to point out that if this is not examined right at the beginning of the day, other factors such as trades and production change the annual amounts, and these are not always reflected instantly in the total at the bottom..but will add up at the beginning of the next day...
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

probably my case related with the research case! too much spending which can not be seen in the expenses window

i think this could be the my issue

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”