Status of SRCW?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tommo8993
Captain
Human: Yes

Status of SRCW?

Post by tommo8993 »

Now that SR1936 is announced, what are you guys doing with SRCW?
tommo8993
Captain

Re: Status of SRCW?

Post by tommo8993 »

really? 5 days no reply. I though that somebody would answer...
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I think there will be no updates any more for SRCW...
Please teach AI everything!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Modding it... :P
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Going by past experiences there will likely be one more update sometime before the release of the new title. With the release of the new title updates will probably end. I could be wrong though.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

i must say game is better than before but not where it should be. things are still broke and dont work right. seems too many companies move on before they get it right and thats what bg is doing.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Hope SR1936 will be less bugy, because those friends of mine that had considered buying it had red reviews that spoke about the bugs, which scares off potential buyers
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tommo8993
Captain

Post by tommo8993 »

so is their going to be an update 4?
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

tommo8993 wrote:so is their going to be an update 4?
hmmm lets bump this every few days till we get a good answer since they moved onto 1936 game and there is still issues with the SRCW game. heres to hoping your gonna support both games
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

There isn't really a lot to "announce" regarding the future work on SRCW. The last update was big, with hundreds of changes and additions and fixes. While there are always ongoing debates about how the game should play in certain situations, there is nothing left on our 'big picture' list for SRCW that we didn't put into the last update.

We have no easily 'reproducable' crash or game-breaking bug that we know of, and should one arise (such as with a new version of Windows or something), we will make sure to correct it.

That being said, we still expect to release a hot-fix of some minor fixes in the near future, no exact date on that, but don't expect anything significant on that list - things like fixing the "Capture" optional victory condition, and fixing some of the scripted events that modders may use. We are also interested in working with modders and others whenever possible to keep expanding what's available for SRCW.

With Update 3 we've taken Supreme Ruler Cold War pretty much as far as the core design will allow us to take it. It does some things very well, others maybe not as much, but without doubt it's the best and most comprehensive Cold-War era geo-political simulation out there. Going forward, SR1936 will allow us to return some of the focus to the Supreme Ruler engine's tactical (battle) strengths, something which was also a more difficult fit with the Cold War era.

So, in summary, SRCW hotfix coming in the next few weeks, but don't expect any big changes from this point forward.

-- George / BattleGoat.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

I think that all problems can be solved with a single update.(For example;Sr 2020 Update 8) but with a large update.
reapergkh
Warrant Officer

Post by reapergkh »

George Geczy wrote:There isn't really a lot to "announce" regarding the future work on SRCW. The last update was big, with hundreds of changes and additions and fixes. While there are always ongoing debates about how the game should play in certain situations, there is nothing left on our 'big picture' list for SRCW that we didn't put into the last update.

We have no easily 'reproducable' crash or game-breaking bug that we know of, and should one arise (such as with a new version of Windows or something), we will make sure to correct it.

That being said, we still expect to release a hot-fix of some minor fixes in the near future, no exact date on that, but don't expect anything significant on that list - things like fixing the "Capture" optional victory condition, and fixing some of the scripted events that modders may use. We are also interested in working with modders and others whenever possible to keep expanding what's available for SRCW.

With Update 3 we've taken Supreme Ruler Cold War pretty much as far as the core design will allow us to take it. It does some things very well, others maybe not as much, but without doubt it's the best and most comprehensive Cold-War era geo-political simulation out there. Going forward, SR1936 will allow us to return some of the focus to the Supreme Ruler engine's tactical (battle) strengths, something which was also a more difficult fit with the Cold War era.

So, in summary, SRCW hotfix coming in the next few weeks, but don't expect any big changes from this point forward.

-- George / BattleGoat.
hmmm well then all that's left to be said is good luck with SR1936!!!!!!!!!
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

I have some requests if there is a new update or even for the new game that's coming.

1 Is it possible to have an option to turn off alliances at the start of the game meaning that you will have to form alliances yourself like in Supreme Ruler 2020 as i tend to play as UK and it gets very slow due to all the allies it has.

2 Id like to have the option of controlling what sphere I'm in.

3 When the Suez Canal Zone is disrupted when Egypt and Israel go to war is it possible that no mater who takes it international shipping can still get through there as what tends to happen is in Israels advance they take the northern city and then Egypt takes it back but it dose not return to Suez.

Basically i as UK and needing that canal open have to invade Suez but i have to do it in away that keeps Suez intact when it falls i normally wait till iv got the Princes Transport and Green Bery send them to Cyprus and when i declare war drop on Seways while the navy keeps the water way open and holding off Egyptian forces.

4 Colonies is it possible that in the next update or new game that parent countries can set the amount of resource surplus that colonies send to them and maybe allow your colonies to trade with other nations in order to help them from going into the red. eg i as UK could get a colony to send 50% of its surplus to UK and allow the colonies to make its own funds by trading. I like to try and keep the empire but this requires money to be able to keep the colonies happy.
SaudiSerb
Warrant Officer

Post by SaudiSerb »

i think bg team should make some diplomatic offer of sphere to ask USA or USSR or however to join it is funny that some countries are USA sphere type of India and some other countries thank you ! :D
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

one thing i hope they will do is get rid of the blocky terrain around the coastlines,rivers,lakes prety much any water tile cuz i think those kinda make the game look really wierd when your zoomed up really close

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”