Units won't disembark! Help!

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HidekiTojo
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Units won't disembark! Help!

Post by HidekiTojo »

I don't understand what is going on, sometimes the ai will attack when I declare war, then sometimes I will order tons of ground units this is going from Australia to Ceylon to go land on the island BUT THEY JUST KEEP TURNING AROUND INSTEAD OF DISEMBARKING

I apologize but its very frustrating, why are my units not getting off the damn boats and landing on the island and attacking?

Why is it half the time they just get to the hex next to the land then turn the f---k around.

Is this a bug like where in some games spies are broken?

What is going on here? :cry: :cry:
PyongYang
Colonel

Re: Units won't disembark! Help!

Post by PyongYang »

Are you using the merchant marines or have you manually loaded units onto transports?
HidekiTojo
Sergeant

Post by HidekiTojo »

they did it automatically so merchant marine I just looked
HidekiTojo
Sergeant

Post by HidekiTojo »

what i dont get is that in a couple previous games i played they managed to unload units onto the island! doesnt make any sense at all
HidekiTojo
Sergeant

Post by HidekiTojo »

this is so frustrating, ive clicked on my merchant marine transports and told them to land on literally every spot possible and they just...turn around instead of unloading troops every single time
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

I feel your frustration, I had the exact same trouble. I refer you to the thread I made about it, it's explained there:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 63&t=21109
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

I don't know why the AI send troops with merchant marine when aren't ports in some land....
Con forza ed ardimento
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

If you have units disembark at destination then immediately embark back to MM and path home, select those units (at sea since it's very unlikely you will catch them on land) and select 'clear orders' command for them. It should fix them and they should disembark at nearest port. From what I gathered, unit has some sort of order queue and it apparently queues starting port, then destination port.Apparently game fails to clear starting port from it queue so as soon as units disembark at destination port they move to next order that returns them to starting port. Clear orders fixes that but that's workaround - this needs to be patched.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”