Labor Shortage...what to do about it

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HidekiTojo
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Labor Shortage...what to do about it

Post by HidekiTojo »

I am playing as either Australia or Canada and they get into labor shortage if I build one or two facilities,

what is the deal with labor shortage and how do I deal with it?
PyongYang
Colonel

Re: Labor Shortage...what to do about it

Post by PyongYang »

You need more population. Go invade some countries!
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

At some point, I always invade China for the workforce.

When playing as China, I always invade India for the workforce.

Its a very narrow strategy, but the key to the game is economics.

If you have the cash, you will be able to conquer the world.
Franc007She
Sergeant

Post by Franc007She »

I play as China and lack in labor force.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

There is not really any "labour force" in the game, as you would think. It is all abstract. The reason why you experience labour shortages is because of your inflation. You get a high inflation when your GDP\c grows at a higher rate than your economy can handle. The reason this happens is because your are putting too much money into your economy and thus you need to reduce your expenses to reduce GDP\c growth thus inflation. This is not so complicated, once you know how the economy model works. I adcvice the following when you try to expand your industries.

1. Be patient. Do not build more than your economy can handle at once.
2. Reduce social spendings and\or increase taxes when you are constructing buildings. This will lead to a slower GDP\c growth (because less money is inserted into your economy) and you will be able to expand your economy faster. I usually lower or even totally shut off social security, environmental spending and cultural spending when I see that my inflation is getting out of hand. I also manually control both taxes, social spending and consumer goods and other products that are consumed (oil, electricity) in addition to military goods and industry goods.
3. Do not overproduce units. It is easy to build a lot of military construction fabs, and not realise how they will affect your economy. When you build units they add very little to your economy (from my experience) and thus they are a direct expense you do not get a return on. Balancing your budget may prove difficult when you produce a lot of buildings and units at once.

If you want a more in depth explanation, you could read an earlier comment I posted with more details and tips on how to control your economy and growth.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=27670&p=189741&sid ... e5#p189741
MonroeHin
Private

Post by MonroeHin »

forumname wrote: Mar 21 2013 At some point, I always put on my quality insulated hunting boots and invade China for the workforce.

When playing as China, I always invade India for the workforce.

Its a very narrow strategy, but the key to the game is economics.

If you have the cash, you will be able to conquer the world.
You're so right, Eldin. I find myself just nodding and saying to myself "yup, I do that" on all those counts and end up with a labor shortage sooner or later. haha
Last edited by MonroeHin on Nov 30 2023, edited 2 times in total.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Gameplay 1st

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”