How do I decide where to build my facilities?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HidekiTojo
Sergeant
Human: Yes

How do I decide where to build my facilities?

Post by HidekiTojo »

I really would like to know how to decide where I should build my factories and military facilities.

Can anyone help me with this?

I know i need to pump out industrial goods and electricity as well as military bases and id like to get icbm's as Australia but I have absolutely no idea where to place these facilities at all.

I don't want the advisors to run the game for me, I think if I understand the game better I would know better where to put facilities than my advisor

Thanks!
adige
Warrant Officer

Re: How do I decide where to build my facilities?

Post by adige »

I build my electricity and goods factories on towns. I build my land factories near big port so I can sell them easily also I build my air factories center of my country so they can reach everywhere fast.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

You should consider supply level when building "resource buildings" or "production buildings" as it determins their production level. Or in other words, build everything in 100% supply level if you want to have 100% output level. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

And 100% loyalty. You need to build on loyal hexes if you want to maximize production. Non-loyal ones suffer production penalty.
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Easy way to find good locations at a glance, close to/in cities or military installations with an airbase or sea port (they provide a supply bonus to the cities existing value. Either airbase or port, having both won't stack the bonus, it's more a switch, either type present = on). Also the larger the population center, the larger its native supply level. (larger by designation; Metropolis, large city, city, town, village, etc). Capital will always be at the max level a city can obtain, regardless of its population.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Do we know how much population corresponds to each city size?

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”