Good beginner nation to play?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HidekiTojo
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Good beginner nation to play?

Post by HidekiTojo »

My experience with these games is that the superpowers and large countries are really difficult to play as.

Conversely I would like to know if playing as the superpowers USA or USSR is a good idea bc they might be forgiving if i screw up.

Superpower or not?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Good beginner nation to play?

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would pick a middle power like France, India, Japan or maybe Canada :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

In sr games every country aims to be a superpower and then to be supreme ruler. If you start as a superpower you have only to be supreme ruler. But if you start as a small nation you have first to be superpower. So the difference is the stage when you enter game.

I think that is easier to start as a superpower, because you have at the beginning a big region, many resources, big army, high tech level. A small country must make all the way to be something serious and this can be long and boring. If you choose us, russia or china you can from the first day declare war and start expansion. I don't agree that such countries are difficult to manage because everything can be automanaged. The player should only command his armies to attack harder!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

USA seems overwhelming, but it gives you a lot of room to make mistakes in production, research, etc. SR is one of those games where the smaller countries are the real challenge--fewer resources, etc. to begin.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

For that reason small regions are more difficult.

USA begins ready for war, small regions need years of preparations. The unrealistic element gives the chance to everyone to expand without severe punishment from united nations. Normally, one bullet should make ALL the world to attack you.
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

Turkey, Iran, Brazil, Egypt, South Africa, Japan some of them.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”