Fusion power

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Niko465
Colonel
Human: Yes

Fusion power

Post by Niko465 »

Hi, I remember that in 2020, the fusion power plant was as effective as fission power, but twice more costly(Fab and maintenance) and twice longer to build, which is not very realistic.
Before I put money on researching this, I would like to know if this has been fixed in cold war.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Fistalis
General

Re: Fusion power

Post by Fistalis »

Niko465 wrote:Hi, I remember that in 2020, the fusion power plant was as effective as fission power, but twice more costly(Fab and maintenance) and twice longer to build, which is not very realistic.
Before I put money on researching this, I would like to know if this has been fixed in cold war.
Which part of fussion power is realistic anyway? Not sure how you can say any part of it is unrealistic since we have no REAL fussion powerplants to base it off of. Funny thing about fiction is its made up.. :D I mean if you want to go off of real data it should use electricity to make electricity and only produce 65% of the input since thats the reality of fussion power at this point. But since its a future tech I assume they made up the data assuming that one day it would be viable. Fussion is still cheaper in game since it requires no uranium.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

...and don't forget the cold fusion +100% bonus
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

I don't pretend to know much about fusion power, but I know it is considered as a major futur archievement for energy for it's massive priduction.
But it's maybe only a rumor...
Anyway even with cold fusion, a fusion plant have the same effect has 2 fission plant... Pretty useless.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

true, but it is always better to have 1 plant of any kind instead of 2 as it takes 1/2 the workers and is much easier to keep at 100% supply.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aragos wrote:true, but it is always better to have 1 plant of any kind instead of 2 as it takes 1/2 the workers and is much easier to keep at 100% supply.
And it uses no resources to produce electricity...but if he doesn't like them...well, to each his own :D
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

True. But for the time it take to get it, it's pretty disapointing x)
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

well fission donw work vell for me - yes it use o resources to produce electricity, but when i reserach cold fusion which gives 100% to output, it is here small problem (and i have latest patch) - when i chose to build new facility it still list 5m max - same as before technology and same as max for nukes, no 10m as it should be and o increse of production of electicity eigther, all more electicity was done to finishing of new plants.
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
number47
General

Post by number47 »

czert wrote:well fission donw work vell for me - yes it use o resources to produce electricity, but when i reserach cold fusion which gives 100% to output, it is here small problem (and i have latest patch) - when i chose to build new facility it still list 5m max - same as before technology and same as max for nukes, no 10m as it should be and o increse of production of electicity eigther, all more electicity was done to finishing of new plants.
It doesn't update the number written on the building panel but you still receive +100% bonus to production from the tech researched. The same is with all other bonuses, meaning you don't see them change stats but they are considered in the equation.
Scout1
Corporal

Post by Scout1 »

Fistalis wrote: Which part of fussion power is realistic anyway? Not sure how you can say any part of it is unrealistic since we have no REAL fussion powerplants to base it off of. Funny thing about fiction is its made up.. :D I mean if you want to go off of real data it should use electricity to make electricity and only produce 65% of the input since thats the reality of fussion power at this point. But since its a future tech I assume they made up the data assuming that one day it would be viable. Fussion is still cheaper in game since it requires no uranium.

...excuse me?

FUSION power, not "fussion" power is entirely possible and regularly tested inside the US and other places in the world. It is also a +energy reaction, just that the energy is lost as heat and it cannot be run for periods of time as we don't have the technology for containment. In such a game where a "Fusion power plant" is built, these issues are automatically resolved by any step of logic. In fact, the data for energy production is widely available with a simple google search so don't give me this theoretical ****. As it is right now, it's just a placeholder because the devs are so bad they can't even balance the buildings in a close to meaningful way.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Wow, rude to the entire development team and one of our biggest forum users all in one shot.

The golden rule here is be polite to others. Post like that again and your account will be closed.

Many people overlook that there is a big difference between fusion and cold fusion so his oversight is understandable. If you have an issue with the balance of fusion power plants post something constructive.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Scout1 wrote:
Fistalis wrote: Which part of fussion power is realistic anyway? Not sure how you can say any part of it is unrealistic since we have no REAL fussion powerplants to base it off of. Funny thing about fiction is its made up.. :D I mean if you want to go off of real data it should use electricity to make electricity and only produce 65% of the input since thats the reality of fussion power at this point. But since its a future tech I assume they made up the data assuming that one day it would be viable. Fussion is still cheaper in game since it requires no uranium.

...excuse me?

FUSION power, not "fussion" power is entirely possible and regularly tested inside the US and other places in the world. It is also a +energy reaction, just that the energy is lost as heat and it cannot be run for periods of time as we don't have the technology for containment. In such a game where a "Fusion power plant" is built, these issues are automatically resolved by any step of logic. In fact, the data for energy production is widely available with a simple google search so don't give me this theoretical ****. As it is right now, it's just a placeholder because the devs are so bad they can't even balance the buildings in a close to meaningful way.
Oh NOES i spelled it wrong. :roll:

You don't seem to get it. There can be no proven data for what a fusion powerplant could provide since at this point its science fiction. There are NO fusion powerplants to collect data from. So please do a google search and point us to data collected from a fusion power plant as to its output etc.. :lol:

Yes we have learned to initiate a fusion reaction.. what we haven't done is turn it into a VIABLE power source. Hence the FICTION part of the phrase science fiction.
I suggest you spend less time nerd raging and more time understanding the difference between reality and theoretical applications.

I'll happily block myself from seeing your posts from now on.. good luck with whatever it is you hoped to accomplish with this tirade.

Edit: or not since the user no longer exists.. HUH
Balthagor wrote: Many people overlook that there is a big difference between fusion and cold fusion so his oversight is understandable. If you have an issue with the balance of fusion power plants post something constructive.
No i didn't confuse the 2. While fusion can be achieved maintaining it and using it as a viable power source has not.. hence fusion power plants = science fiction. For those who don't know what science fiction is.. its fiction based on plausible science. That is.. something that doesn't exist that is plausible based on the current knowledge of science which does exist.
Last edited by Fistalis on Feb 20 2013, edited 2 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The user did not heed my warning.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens