warfare advice...

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: warfare advice...

Post by number47 »

The.Dark.Knight wrote:I know this is old but...
Couldnt you have just "baited" the two countries. I remember in some old games from SR2020 i would do everything possible to tick off the countries i wanted to attack, which usually started with cutting all ties with them. There is an option somewhere to do this. Then set your troops to cross into countries without treaty's and fly your planes near thier cities...this should anger them to the point of war...and im sure your spies could figure out a way to make em mad, at some point they would have delcared war....I know i would have lol
They already had 100% CB against me, they just didn't want to declare war cause they were to weak. In the end, I declared war on them and made them a colony (BIG mistake on my part since instead of gaining a buffer zone with this move, they immediately declared war on USSR and Ukraine (not sure why AI can declare war on colonies and player can't, but thats another issue) so my northern front remained open. After some time, I got annoyed by Russians poking constantly through Romania so I declared war on them and conquered them swiftly. I was attacked by Moldavia which turned out great as when I conquered them and liberated them afterwards, they served as a buffer zone towards Ukraine. I'm still at war with USSR and Ukraine but they pose no real threat any more...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

This does hit one the one really big difference with combat in 2020 and CW--when all those Allies come pouring in.....
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

If their using indirect weapons from allied territory to hit you, I believe you can fire back at Soviet units if you have something with range. I'd try either using your own artillary or getting some aircraft with stand-of capabilities or that can hold missiles.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”