Facilities expenses

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Facilities expenses

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:Which file?
Last updated Shattered world.scenario file should be.. 2/23/13
(havent updated cache for 7.3.7 but that one should have fixed the economy)
Note If you do get the latest version you won't see any change til you start a new game.
I just redownloaded the file from your site and shattered world.scenario is 1/16/2013 :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

i just double checked too.... i got 3 scenario files for shattered world.. they all 1/16. :-)

y u holding out on us, fistalis :lol:
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

hmm.. not sure how to get the 7.3.7 scenario file... when i run the exe it tells me 'nothing to update'... dont know how else to unpack it
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mattpilot wrote:hmm.. not sure how to get the 7.3.7 scenario file... when i run the exe it tells me 'nothing to update'... dont know how else to unpack it
What do you mean? What are you trying to do?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, our focus remains on being sure that it all works well in Vanilla. If there is a bug here, it's not significant enough to damage playing through the cold war campaign or its scenarios. There are a number of minor bugs like that we've never had (and never will) have time to fix.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:FYI, our focus remains on being sure that it all works well in Vanilla. If there is a bug here, it's not significant enough to damage playing through the cold war campaign or its scenarios. There are a number of minor bugs like that we've never had (and never will) have time to fix.
Yup.. the formula just breaks down @ high GDP levels.. while its possible to attain these types of GDP in vanilla its not very probable. The result is for any modern or post modern scenario other costs have to be reduced in a way to balance it out.. or the production costs of facilities reduced low enough to make maintainence costs viable.

Facility maintenacne is somehting like 25% of budgets in the modern world.. Without adjustments it was closer to 50%.

As for the shattered world issue.. it sounds likely you just have WAY too many facilities. You've likely jacked up your GDP far past the range to be able to sustain your economy. Or have far too many military structures. You do know you can raise domestic prices to reduce demand right?

Also for future reference.. issues you see when playing my mods are best discussed on my mod boards. Usually Balt knows less than you do about my mods. :wink: (it also helps prevent confusion.. I didn;t even know you were running the SW scenario til about half way through our dialogue..)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

hm... it was said that the scenario got an update in the latest patch - so i was trying to retrieve the file and see what the last timestamp on it is to compare it to fistalis' 1/16/2013 file.

FYI, our focus remains on being sure that it all works well in Vanilla. If there is a bug here, it's not significant enough to damage playing through the cold war campaign or its scenarios. There are a number of minor bugs like that we've never had (and never will) have time to fix.
Yea i understand that. Though my appeal has always been sandbox games, and i'm assuming this is going to be an option again in SR1936? If so, the problem fistalis describes should be fixed IMO (high GDP screwing the cost, i guess).

As for the shattered world issue.. it sounds likely you just have WAY too many facilities. You've likely jacked up your GDP far past the range to be able to sustain your economy. Or have far too many military structures. You do know you can raise domestic prices to reduce demand right?
Quite likely, though as i described in previous posts i've disabled nearly all and i'm still left with a very high cost. My GDP did double since the start of the game and i did run into having all of my industries become unprofitable. So i started disabling them and importing what i can.... and yes... with very high margins.. (standard i have is 69%, seems like the golden number).

I just ran a 2 hour hands off test game in modern world mod -> GDP went from 44k to 70k .. Facilities cost nearly doubled. But economy was running smoothly. I dont understand though why the minister decides to sell everything at -15% markup. He's selling goods to the people for LESS than what market value is. Anyone know the benefit of that?

Facility maintenacne is somehting like 25% of budgets in the modern world.. Without adjustments it was closer to 50%.
These are the adjustments i'm interested in... what kind of changes did ya make?
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

oh and.... fistalis -> any chance i can get my hands on your *newer* shattered world scenario files?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mattpilot wrote:
hm... it was said that the scenario got an update in the latest patch - so i was trying to retrieve the file and see what the last timestamp on it is to compare it to fistalis' 1/16/2013 file.

Yea i understand that. Though my appeal has always been sandbox games, and i'm assuming this is going to be an option again in SR1936? If so, the problem fistalis describes should be fixed IMO (high GDP screwing the cost, i guess).

Quite likely, though as i described in previous posts i've disabled nearly all and i'm still left with a very high cost. My GDP did double since the start of the game and i did run into having all of my industries become unprofitable. So i started disabling them and importing what i can.... and yes... with very high margins.. (standard i have is 69%, seems like the golden number).

I just ran a 2 hour hands off test game in modern world mod -> GDP went from 44k to 70k .. Facilities cost nearly doubled. But economy was running smoothly. I dont understand though why the minister decides to sell everything at -15% markup. He's selling goods to the people for LESS than what market value is. Anyone know the benefit of that?

These are the adjustments i'm interested in... what kind of changes did ya make?
Modern world or SW?
What country?
As to the adjustments they are already present in shattered world..Not as many but the basic to get it under control is.. whats the date on the cache you have?
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Fistalis wrote:
mattpilot wrote:
Modern world or SW?
What country?
As to the adjustments they are already present in shattered world..Not as many but the basic to get it under control is.. whats the date on the cache you have?

1/27/2003 for shattered world cache

As for the adjustments you made - i guess i was under the impression there was some magic formula with certain variables in files you could modify, which is what i was looking for. But your making it sound like you individually adjusted nations and their facilities, not so much variables. ?

I was playing Oklahoma in my shattered world game.
In the modern world 2 hour hands off test run i ran austria.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mattpilot wrote: 1/27/2003 for shattered world cache

As for the adjustments you made - i guess i was under the impression there was some magic formula with certain variables in files you could modify, which is what i was looking for. But your making it sound like you individually adjusted nations and their facilities, not so much variables. ?

I was playing Oklahoma in my shattered world game.
In the modern world 2 hour hands off test run i ran austria.
Was curious because I ran both SW and modern world and didn't see any kind of GDP increase like that.. especially hands off.
2003? I'm certain you mean 2013.. since 2003 is beyond impossible lol. Either way thats Definately an older cache than I have which may explain the discrepancy in what you describe and I see. I need to recache it for 7.3.7 anyway so Look for that to be updated today.

As for adjustments.. yes its variables but there is no magic formula.. the SW/GC scenario is a totally different beast than the Modern world so requires very different approaches. Either way check out SW after the update and let me know.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

Fistalis wrote:Was curious because I ran both SW and modern world and didn't see any kind of GDP increase like that.. especially hands off.
2003? I'm certain you mean 2013.. since 2003 is beyond impossible lol. Either way thats Definately an older cache than I have which may explain the discrepancy in what you describe and I see. I need to recache it for 7.3.7 anyway so Look for that to be updated today.

As for adjustments.. yes its variables but there is no magic formula.. the SW/GC scenario is a totally different beast than the Modern world so requires very different approaches. Either way check out SW after the update and let me know.
what can i say... i was a beta tester in 2003 ;-)

Looking forward to the update - thanks :-D
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

trying out your new update now - Thanks!

scenario file is still 1/16/2013 ... if that matters, got a new cache thou
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

hmm....

fistalis -> I'm contemplating modifying the UNIT file to increase the personnel required. What i gather from the WIKI is i need to rebuild the Cache then. I can do that with the files that i have, right? Or is there something special about the cache in your download?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mattpilot wrote:hmm....

fistalis -> I'm contemplating modifying the UNIT file to increase the personnel required. What i gather from the WIKI is i need to rebuild the Cache then. I can do that with the files that i have, right? Or is there something special about the cache in your download?
If you are talking about his port of SR2020 scenarios to SRCW, than yes, you have all the files needed to successfully create a new cache file. If you are talking about his Wodern World mod, than no, you don't have all the files needed to successfully create a new cache file. :D

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”