Facilities expenses

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Facilities expenses

Post by PyongYang »

Under the daily expenses/treasury, a HUGE cost in my current game is for 'facilities'. What exactly are these facilities? I'm trying to reduce costs and I just can't pinpoint them!
bvb
Colonel

Re: Facilities expenses

Post by bvb »

Military Facilities' annual maintenance. Airbases, barracks, fabrication, etc.

FWIW, military facilities will also have a much larger number that falls in the maintenance & training portion of the military budget. The "per facility" cost of this is not exposed to the player in any way, but is much larger than the maintenance value added to the treasury/facility line. (And it's not staff wages apparently, as that line of the military budget drops too when closing a site down).

Eg: As the Soviets in the start an airfield lists maintenance of $5m. You scrap 10 airfields. Treasury/facility drops by the expected ~$50m. Military salary drops by a bit as expected, and military training & maintenance expense drops by ~$200m!

Long story short, shuttering or scrapping unneeded sites will save you a much larger bundle than the "annual maintenance" figure that shows on the building info panel would suggest. ;)
Last edited by bvb on Jan 14 2013, edited 1 time in total.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Ok thanks! I'll fire up the bulldozer!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

yeah, I've found that too--scrap, scrap and scrap some more. Plus it gives you back some IGs that you can use to build other stuff!
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

If I am not mistaken, the facilities expenses grow with your GDP.
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Right, because new facilities mean more jobs and more citizens having a revenue.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
number47
General

Post by number47 »

And don't forgget that the Research centers have the biggest annual maintenance, so don't go overboard with research. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Decimvs
Sergeant

Post by Decimvs »

what I was never to figure out was, how do I shut down or scrap facilities/fabrications of my choosing, without the minister choosing for me?
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Decimvs wrote:what I was never to figure out was, how do I shut down or scrap facilities/fabrications of my choosing, without the minister choosing for me?

Click on the hex. Then in the upper left part of the lower UI, there is a brown hex symbol (next to the road/rail button). Click that, and you can now select specific facilities within a given hex, the buttons on the right to deactivate with a pop up option of scrap or demolish. There's also a little push pin in the top right of this window, which will keep it up as you click on further hexes, otherwise it will close when you click outside of it.

You can also use shift + [ with a facility selected to cycle through like facilities. Eg; In that hex/facility view, click an airfield. Pressing shift + [ will now cycle through all airfields in your territory.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

How many jobs are created for every % increase of the production of every good?
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Since you guys are on the subject, a question that's been on my mind is that of airfields. Does closing airbases and airfields hurt your infrastructure in any way? Piers and ports do so it would seem natural that airfields would also. Or no? Its hard to tell.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

It is not hard. Airports increase supply and their removal removes the supply they added.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

i always choose scraping option when i want to close a base! Do you recommend other options?

my second question is about shuttingdown a base or building. You do not pay annual maintenence when you shutdown military a facility, right?

Thanks in advance

Burak
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Scrapping takes longer, but gives you back some of the industrial (and military) goods that were used ... which can be a huge plus. On the other hand, if you're doing scorched earth and want things to scorch quickly, then you'll want to destroy it instead.

When a military base is shut down (deactivated) you no longer pay military maintenance (and the soldiers are sent into reserve). Industries and Cities do not have an annual maintenance cost in SRCW.

-- George.
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

*bump*

when considering GUI redesignes for SR1936, please consider revising how the expensive information is displayed.... or rather, give us a breakdown. Personally i'd like a popup/overlay that allows me to search/sort through all buildings and gives me info for each :-)

I was going nuts searching the wiki & forums for a thread like this. My facilities cost exploded and i had no clue why, as i figured "24 mill annual maintenence?? i got dis" ... Didnt' take to long for me to go broke and i had no clue why (still dont have details, but this thread helps me understand a bit better).

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”