AI using nukes?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

notus
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

AI using nukes?

Post by notus »

Its just me or the AI never uses nukes.

I think that the AI should use more nukes, like in desperate situations. The USSR when the
NATO is closing in on moscow should launch a Strategic Nuke Atack (like in the strategic pool)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: AI using nukes?

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

thank you
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

About a week ago, I was the USA invading the USSR. As I closed in on Moscow, the AI launched strategic attacks, catching me totally off-guard (I was convinced that the AI wouldn't do no unless I did first). It was a disaster for me, most of my bombers being caught on the ground in the first strike.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Have any of you any experience of a AI non sphere-leader launching nuke attacks?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Nope, never. But I always play on High for relations response to nukes, so that may be a limiting factor.

You could always play one of the sphere leaders, set to Low relations, and give a nuke or two to North Korea or South Korea and see if they use them.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Aragos wrote:Nope, never. But I always play on High for relations response to nukes, so that may be a limiting factor.

You could always play one of the sphere leaders, set to Low relations, and give a nuke or two to North Korea or South Korea and see if they use them.
They never do. I've done that as the US with penalties on nukes low. :( Still kinda fun selling nukes everywhere or giving them as gifts.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Chesehead wrote:Still kinda fun selling nukes everywhere or giving them as gifts.
:D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Another question. I'm (west)Germany, I am by far the counter blancing power in Cold War. I'm Neutral, and USA is pissing me off. If I kill Europe and lauch an invasion on USA, is there a possiblity that they will use to pool to eleminate me? I tested as the Soviet Union, and we can nuke Europe with the pool as long with USA by declaring war on each NATO member. I was also at war with China so they paid too. So, i'm their single enemy, and they use pool. Can they nuke only me or they will attack the Union by the same occasion?
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Not sure if this is a different point than what is being discussed here or not; but in my experience if the player as USSR launches a strategic nuke strike, the U.S. will launch a devastating counterstrike with bombers.

So in my experience the AI _does_ use nukes!

As far as using them tactically, or being used by non-sphere leaders, I'd guess that is what other guys are talkinga bout when they say "nope never."
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

From my limited experince playing as either superpower, the US tends to have a well devoloped bomber force that hits back with 50-75% of their force on the first counter-blow. However, when playing as the US, I rarely see a Soviet response to my strikes, however I believe they hadn't devolped long range missiles or SLBM's yet.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

The Strat Pool is only set up for US vs. USSR.

Example: You are the USA and you DoW China. You decide to go Nuke on Day 1. The Strat Pool will work like this: Your bombers will hit the USSR first, if they cross China, they will nuke China too. Or anyone else you are at war with.

Bottom line, I've not seen any tactical (non US or USSR) use of nukes, regardless of settings. Only the US vs. USSR use.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”