Colonisation

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Colonisation

Post by PyongYang »

I usually just annex, but I've dicided to colonise Ethiopia in my 1975 Israel game. Just to double check, they send me their excess resources automatically, right? Or do I have to request them?
Madman
Warrant Officer

Re: Colonisation

Post by Madman »

I wonder that too..
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Ok, so I colonised Ethiopia. At first, it didn't look like they were sending me their excess stuff, but now I have improved relations with them via bribery, it looks like they definitely are sending me their excess stuff automatically.... so, do they only send if relations are good, or was that just a conincidence?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Colonies will send "excess" to their parent irregardless of relations.

You can also use diplomacy to give to or take from them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Madman
Warrant Officer

Post by Madman »

What is advantage of colonilization than annex ? Also what is annex's disadvantages ?
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Madman wrote:What is advantage of colonilization than annex ? Also what is annex's disadvantages ?
In my case, I didn't want to take on the extra population/problems etc at that time.... so I just colonised them!
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

PyongYang wrote:
Madman wrote:What is advantage of colonilization than annex ? Also what is annex's disadvantages ?
In my case, I didn't want to take on the extra population/problems etc at that time.... so I just colonised them!
lol then when you want them in your territorie you just liberate them and conquer them again and annex
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Don't really want them. All they have is timber. What I need is Uranium, which is why I'm about to invade South Africa! Or Iran. Maybe both!
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

the country that is a colony of south africa idont remember the name has plenty of uranium
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

notus wrote:the country that is a colony of south africa idont remember the name has plenty of uranium
Nambia
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
BobertCole
Corporal

Post by BobertCole »

Hi guys,

Where do you see if your colony is giving you its excess goods?
I am playing as the UK and have built 20 or so oil wells in Libya (my colony), but it hasn't made any difference to my oil production or the amount I'm buying from the market. My reserve stocks aren't increasing either.
Libya's reserve stock doesn't increase so they're getting rid of it somewhere but as far as I can tell it's not coming to me.

Help/Suggestions please.

Thanks.
Scout1
Corporal

Post by Scout1 »

BobertCole wrote:Hi guys,

Where do you see if your colony is giving you its excess goods?
I am playing as the UK and have built 20 or so oil wells in Libya (my colony), but it hasn't made any difference to my oil production or the amount I'm buying from the market. My reserve stocks aren't increasing either.
Libya's reserve stock doesn't increase so they're getting rid of it somewhere but as far as I can tell it's not coming to me.

Help/Suggestions please.

Thanks.

You get a diplomatic offer

Libya doesn't have the funds/manpower/pre-req resources (energy probably) to operate the walls.

Not that the game would tell you any of this.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Diplomatic offer? I thought they just automatically add to your daily totals.... in fact I'm certain of that.

@Bobert: Are you sure the oil fields are operating?

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”