Update 3 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MikeKoder
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Available

Post by MikeKoder »

Ok two things:

1) I have not seen the game speed improvement. After only 1 year in game time the fastest speed was going as fast as the normal speed.

2) How do you install the hotfix? What folder do you put it in?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Unzip it to the directory where the game is installed.

What speed are you getting? How many seconds per day? You can send me a savegame if you like but I assure you that game speed is greatly improved from before unless your system cannot handle the engine.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

@Mike There's definitely something amiss with your install or system, the speed is leagues ahead of the old versions even on my crummy laptop....
MikeKoder
Sergeant

Post by MikeKoder »

Actually it appears to have something to do with early 1950. Once I got passed Feb. everything went back to normal speed.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ah, yes, that was reported.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
alexhthomp
Corporal

Post by alexhthomp »

will there be another update to fix the game speed issues since it seems this patch failed at that and I really would love if we could cause insurgency partisans or uprisings like it says in the game description great idea for update 4 hopefully soon
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

alexhthomp wrote:...fix the game speed issues since it seems this patch failed...
Not it didn't, what are you talking about?

We've seen not a single shred of evidence of ongoing speed issues. There is a known issue of slow game speed between early Jan-Feb of 1950 for ~ 25 days. Other than that, I'd challenge you to provide me a savegame that runs "slow". If you think you've found one, zip and e-mail it to me, reference ticket 17029 in the subject line.

Partisans can already occur if the proper conditions exist.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Balt,You're right about speed.Do you think I did the update 3?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

sorry, I did not understand your question.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Do you think a new update?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I have no idea at this time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Some thoughts for balancing after update 3.

First: Update 3 solves most issues I have! At least all the big issues are solved. I'm not sure about the game speed,
as it's faster then I can manage manually on my PC, that's why I never switch to fastest mode, since it's too fast..
Even after playing 20 years and the US have over 10 Million of troops..
Not saying others are wrong about the speed, just saying:"on my system it's not only fast enough, but even better"

So, I think BG can focus on future development.. whether a next release or a next update 4.
Either way, this is what I think is the major drawback of the game:

AI's not building up properly!

When I'm playing with either USSR, USA, India or China (large countries with large populations) I focus on getting self-sufficiency
and increase all productions while making sure my people get higher demands, lower taxes, increase GDP, to sustain larger armies
and more technology. The AI doesn't seem to do this well, in 5 years I can build up around 10 times more then the AI does!
First when I got my economy up, i start increasing production plants for land/air/naval..
The AI doesn't seem to get to this point, because it's building-up is as slow as a turtle.
To handle this, I previously logged in to other nations using Multiplayer and build them up for them, but switching between
multiplayer and single player is bugged as it seems. So for future games this is not an option anymore now I know it's bugged.

Anyway, the AI's of large countries isn't focusing and building up properly.

Smaller countries, ie. African countries, Israel, Egypt, etc.. have low countries, low production, not the ability to build up,
and not enough resources or people to build up large armies.. They thus should switch much sooner after building up whatever
they can to conquer other countries to expand their capabilities.. Thus far, the AI takes on small countries even 20-50 times
longer then a human player.. (and I'm just dumb-ass placing new buildings, waiting to finish, place more, waiting to finish, place more)
An AI should be able to do that.

In the End, some Nation should be able to conquer the whole of Africa after Colony after colony is de-colonized.

When I start with Israel, I use my backup from the US and EU to conquer africa all the way to the south,
by 1986 I owe over 90% of africa and the mid-east, and have a larger production and military might then the USA, Soviet Union, China and
India, simply because the AI doesn't build up.

So.. since SR2020 Cold War now finally fixed the major issues.. strategy and tactic warfare including sea based invasions is working
fine now.. even if not perfect.. could BG now focus on finally getting the right "Build-up" in place for the AI's so the game isn't just
challenging the first 5 years but also for the whole period up to 1989/1991 when the cold war was ended? Because right now, if a human
has 5 years to build up.. no AI will be capable of stopping the human player anymore..

Also.. the World Volatile.. high volatile.. I'd expect at least 1 or 2 wars per year on this level.. the world is almost always peaceful, except
for the buildin war triggers.. There should really be a "high semi-random war break out" module activated on high volatile..
semi-random because it should be random that a war breaks out, but it wouldn't make sense for Soviet Union to invade chili..

Anyway, those are my wishlists for enhancing after Update 3 either in a new game or Update 4..
"new game" don't start from scratch please! I hate companies like Firaxis doing that and in fact bring out the same
game over and over again without really getting into depth of a decent world simulator..

Thank you for your consideration, and once again:"Congrats on Update 3, it's the best update I've seen"
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Jersey Mule
Warrant Officer

Post by Jersey Mule »

OK, I have been looking for the last hour + where to shut off the patch auto update in Steam and cannot find anything - can someone point me in the right direction (be explicit please) - am tired of having a game I cant play and damn tired of waiting for the patch on Steam, wanted to try and load it around the stupid steam system

any help would be welcome (and yes, I searched the forum and had no success)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Jersey Mule wrote:OK, I have been looking for the last hour + where to shut off the patch auto update in Steam and cannot find anything - can someone point me in the right direction (be explicit please) - am tired of having a game I cant play and damn tired of waiting for the patch on Steam, wanted to try and load it around the stupid steam system

Ok, go to the steam library within the steam app itself.

Right click on the games name.

A tab will open, with 3 titles on it, the middle one is 'updates'. Click on this.

It has a dropdown box on that tab, set it so that it says 'do not update automatically'. Then your set and can install the patch manaulyl using the installer on this thread.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Jersey Mule
Warrant Officer

Post by Jersey Mule »

SGTscuba wrote:
Jersey Mule wrote:OK, I have been looking for the last hour + where to shut off the patch auto update in Steam and cannot find anything - can someone point me in the right direction (be explicit please) - am tired of having a game I cant play and damn tired of waiting for the patch on Steam, wanted to try and load it around the stupid steam system

Ok, go to the steam library within the steam app itself.

Right click on the games name.

A tab will open, with 3 titles on it, the middle one is 'updates'. Click on this.

It has a dropdown box on that tab, set it so that it says 'do not update automatically'. Then your set and can install the patch manaulyl using the installer on this thread.
Ha! got it - wow, they kinda buried that - Thanks much Scuba!

Have been playing India for the last 2+ hours and I have to say that is brilliant work on the patch, worth the wait (cant wait for the next one! heh)

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”