Update 3 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Available

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:
PyongYang wrote:
Balthagor wrote:George and I spoke about it a bit today, not word yet...
Well if you need anymore system details/diag reports or whatever, feel free to drop me a message...
As odd as it may seem, have you tried the "Nvidia Workaround" in the game options?
That worked!! YES!!!! 8)

I think that's done it... just tried it and ran it for a few minutes, fullscreen no window, no sign of the flickering/weird jaggy lines. I'll give it a good long run a bit later, but so far so good!
DCCaesarYoung
Private

update 3 will not install says files are corrupted.

Post by DCCaesarYoung »

sorry i download the file but it keeps saying files are corrupted.
Last edited by DCCaesarYoung on Jan 05 2013, edited 1 time in total.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

^ Reinstall the game and redownload the update?

Been playing for two hours solid now as Israel, no glitches to report yet. Yay!
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Just out of curiosity, Chris, what is it the nVidia workaround does?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

George said we should reword it to "fix to compensate for poorly coded video drivers"...

It compensates for video cards that don't do what they are supposed to do according to Microsoft's Directx guidelines.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:George said we should reword it to "fix to compensate for poorly coded video drivers"...
:D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Mnemozyne
Sergeant

Post by Mnemozyne »

Can someone simplify this for me. I bought this game when it was new and threw it away after a few hours because it was a piece of junk. The economy was broken, the AI didnt work at all, game crashed all the time and became ultra slow in the later parts of the game. Units pathfinding was messed up and the game ended at a preset date (hate that stuff) combined with insane number of clicks to trade stuff with the AI. Like.. 500 mouseclicks to trade all stuff with one nation and then repeat the same step with 200 more nations.

So my question is now when update 3 is out, is it worth installing/playing this game again or should I wait 1-2 more years for the game to.. mature so to speak. Im not trolling btw im deadly serious and hope for a deadly serious answer. I cant be alone to have this thought.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

While some of the stuff you mention may be fair criticism, there was never an end date on the game and game stability has been one of our trademarks. There was an issue with corrupt savegames that nagged us for some users but there were autosaves to easily compensate for this and so far it seems even that bug has been resolved. Many of the areas you criticize have been the focus of this update but I think only you will be able to say if we've made changes that will create a gameplay experience you find satisfying. It doesn't take long to load up the game, I'd suggest trying it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

Mnemozyne wrote:Can someone simplify this for me. I bought this game when it was new and threw it away after a few hours because it was a piece of junk. The economy was broken, the AI didnt work at all, game crashed all the time and became ultra slow in the later parts of the game. Units pathfinding was messed up and the game ended at a preset date (hate that stuff) combined with insane number of clicks to trade stuff with the AI. Like.. 500 mouseclicks to trade all stuff with one nation and then repeat the same step with 200 more nations.

So my question is now when update 3 is out, is it worth installing/playing this game again or should I wait 1-2 more years for the game to.. mature so to speak. Im not trolling btw im deadly serious and hope for a deadly serious answer. I cant be alone to have this thought.

First of all economy is really better now. Just for that you can reinstall this game. AI now have capability build, what country needs. So most of countries not bankrupt and survive longer time. But still there are to many units around and those units make game slow. You can start game without units and until 1960-70 game is really have good speed with that way.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Yes.Economy is very good.
But there is no change to diplomacy.Why? Do you think diplomacy too good?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@MertcanKs there's also no change to Alerts, Space Race, Tax settings, Minister Controls, Commodities, Unit Trading, Battezones or Map Filters. We can't update everything at once, that's called making a new game. The update is what it is.
adige wrote:...and those units make game slow...
I'm going to be all over any comment like this. Please zip and send me your savegame so I can check it out. Reference ticket 17040 in your e-mail.

Anyone with update 3 installed on a fast system that claims "slow" is skipping major parts of the game unless we've missed something in testing.

Anyone who thinks they have a "slow" savegame should use the same ticket and send me the save. I'll post test results. Please include your forum username.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Mnemozyne wrote:Can someone simplify this for me. I bought this game when it was new and threw it away after a few hours because it was a piece of junk. The economy was broken, the AI didnt work at all, game crashed all the time and became ultra slow in the later parts of the game. Units pathfinding was messed up and the game ended at a preset date (hate that stuff) combined with insane number of clicks to trade stuff with the AI. Like.. 500 mouseclicks to trade all stuff with one nation and then repeat the same step with 200 more nations.

Meh you skipped the other updates and given the tone of your post I doubt you would be happy with anything they did so.. why ruin a good thing? Just go back to whatever it was you were doing instead. :wink:

I mean to be honest if you thought everything in the game was broken at release then I seriously doubt anything short of creating a new game would meet your expectations. Especially since I'm not sure what game you were playing because its never had a preset end date thats forced apon you. IT doesn't require 500 clicks to do anything in diplomacy.. and well ya you get the point. Plus you threw it away.. like over a year ago.. I doubt its still in the trash can. I'm not trolling btw this is my deadly serious answer to your deadly serious question.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

Balthagor wrote:@MertcanKs there's also no change to Alerts, Space Race, Tax settings, Minister Controls, Commodities, Unit Trading, Battezones or Map Filters. We can't update everything at once, that's called making a new game. The update is what it is.
adige wrote:...and those units make game slow...
I'm going to be all over any comment like this. Please zip and send me your savegame so I can check it out. Reference ticket 17040 in your e-mail.

Anyone with update 3 installed on a fast system that claims "slow" is skipping major parts of the game unless we've missed something in testing.

Anyone who thinks they have a "slow" savegame should use the same ticket and send me the save. I'll post test results. Please include your forum username.

Well I said this because. When I was play with Taiwan, I capture China and than Soviets attack me so we fight till the end :-) So I kick some soviets a.. :lol: after war end game had much better speed.
bosa
Sergeant

Post by bosa »

Hello!
1. Game's speed real low than 7.2.73 version (especially some game years later).
2. Problem with electric power.
I buy it in option "Buy as Needed", money spending, but this buying volume doesn't get as a resource to production.
3. In daily expenses window in research section indicators Projects and Efficiency (or numerical indicators) should be traded places.
Thanks
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

1. please update to version 7.3.1 and be sure to start a new savegame.
2. what is the market availability? There's probably a shortage of electricity on the market
3. No idea what you mean. I just looked at the spending section of the cabinet minister screen and all information looks correct.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”