Update 3 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Update 3 Available

Post by mrgenie »

I'm still stuck on the "host" button for multiplayer.

I've reverted back to the update 3 beta release "SRCW-Update-7-2-59"
And the host button here works..

On "SRCW-Update-7-3-1" it doesn't

Also i tried reinstall from scratch the original 7.0.50 installer I got when
I bought the game and then immediately apply patch 7.3.1 without the previous
patches, but the "host" simply doesn't work.

I disabled firewall, virus, malware protection..

any other ideas?
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone else having issues getting to the MP lobby?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Anyone else having issues getting to the MP lobby?
works fine for me I use it often to see what AI is up to during testing of my mods.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

also works fine here
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Well, I can confirm it's the firewall..

But I still haven't figured out what setting exactly is causing it.
Even disabling the firewall doesn't solve it. Does the game rely on Netbios?
Because that's 100% blocked by the firewall as I'm using a Domain with Active Directory Server
and a DN Server.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Some question, not sure if I can post this as a bug or if it's intentional..

I've noticed, also with previous releases, that some countries have their "fabrication options"
off. That is, the land/air/navy autobuild is turned off.

I'e lebanon. In my game they have an land unit building facility. But they never build anything, because it's
autobuild is turned off. Many, if not most, countries in the game have this issue. If I'm correct,
India for example never build air units because it's air autobuild is turned off.

Is this intended?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

mrgenie wrote:Some question, not sure if I can post this as a bug or if it's intentional..

I've noticed, also with previous releases, that some countries have their "fabrication options"

I'e lebanon. In my game they have an land unit building facility. But they never build anything, because it's
autobuild is turned off. Many, if not most, countries in the game have this issue. If I'm correct,
India for example never build air units because it's air autobuild is turned off.

Is this intended?
How did you check this? By loading the game up in MP or what? I remember that for a player it always was like that (only missiles on autobuild by default) even since SR2020 so maybe it shifts by default to that setting if a human player is in control?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

number47 wrote:
mrgenie wrote:Some question, not sure if I can post this as a bug or if it's intentional..

Is this intended?
How did you check this? By loading the game up in MP or what? I remember that for a player it always was like that (only missiles on autobuild by default) even since SR2020 so maybe it shifts by default to that setting if a human player is in control?

Yes, using MP..
It's not just "shifting" the moment a human player logs on.. the building queue namely is always empty for those players..

To check it doesn't reset the building queue, I put units in the build queue, and again shift from single to mp several times..

Also, the numbers of units simply don't match.. The units they do have, the 5 or 6, are most likely from "gifts" from alliances..
they seem to "gift" land units more often, so countries with air building capacity actually sometimes don't have air units at all!

Another verify.. by starting a single player game as USA.. after some time switching to Russia.. Russia actually has everything set to autobuild (and it's queues are full!!)

So I'm very sure, especialyl since the numbers simply don't add up.. that some countries have autobuild disabled, and simple never produce anything what is disabled.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think the game loads up differently for humans than for AIs. I'll investigate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Balthagor wrote:I think the game loads up differently for humans than for AIs. I'll investigate.
I did 2 more runs up to 1962..
Playing the USA.

In 1962, to check the buildup of armies, I logged into Turkey and Israel..
While Israel has autobuild "on" for all 4 fabrication options, the amount of units they have produced do seem to match what I would have expected in 1962.
Turkey however, has autobuild "off" for land/air/navy..

While going to the build queue of Israel, it is full! They're building in all slots
Turkey's build queues are all empty! It is building nothing!

At the moment I've logged on, Turkey just got an offer from France to accept land units..
In Total, in all the game, Turkey managed to get a total of 103 land units7 planes and 6 patrol boats
with a production capacity of 4/2/2/

This simply doesn't match up, with 4/2/2/ (and I played small countries) by 1962 I have at least ten times the amount
of units Turkey has. I'm definitely positive Turkey got it's units solely by alliance partner offerings.

This is also probably the reason why Israel sends 20 times more units to support me then turkey doesn, simply because
israel with it's few production facilities actually is producing, while turkey is doing nothing..

Those 2 countries are just an example, most countries aren't producing really but just get units offered from partners..

[ADD]
I probably noticed this, because I always start up with "no units"
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, I've done some testing and checking of design documents. The "autobuild" settings are only used for human players. AI regions don't look at those settings. They either decide to build or decide not to build. I ran a game and switch regions a number times and found most regions using their land build capacity to the maximum (including Turkey). If they're not building, it's because they've decided they don't need to or they can't afford to. But it is an AI decision.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Terrantrooper
Warrant Officer

Post by Terrantrooper »

Has team not updated to this yet as iv still got 7.2.2 not 7.3.1? also hope at least some of the problems discussed befor the update have been solved?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Terrantrooper wrote:Has team not updated to this yet as iv still got 7.2.2 not 7.3.1? also hope at least some of the problems discussed befor the update have been solved?
BG sends it to paradox, paradox sends it to steam, steam puts it up. Alls we can confirm is that BG sent it to paradox.. after that were in the dark pretty much. But AFAIK steam does not yet have the update.(so either step 2 or step 3 is taking their sweet time.. lol)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
Terrantrooper wrote:Has team not updated to this yet as iv still got 7.2.2 not 7.3.1? also hope at least some of the problems discussed befor the update have been solved?
BG sends it to paradox, paradox sends it to steam, steam puts it up. Alls we can confirm is that BG sent it to paradox.. after that were in the dark pretty much. But AFAIK steam does not yet have the update.(so either step 2 or step 3 is taking their sweet time.. lol)
Yeah, check on Paradox forum...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
sruser
Corporal

Post by sruser »

I helped http://innounp.sourceforge.net/
If you do not understand how to extract files from SRCW-Update-7-3-1.exe, you can download the file update 7.3.1+hotfix.7z and replace all the files in the folder with the game \ \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ supreme ruler cold war
ps turn off the auto-update the game in steam
ps possible after starting the game will need to enter the key

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”