Update 3 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Available

Post by TheCyab6a »

so when is update 4? :lol:
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

next Christmas? :)
insergence
Corporal

Post by insergence »

I have the Steam version, so can you put these files into a .zip file so I can replace the ones on my computer instead of waiting for Steam to update it

edit: Never mind i got to the update to work on Steam.

Bugs in update: The screen glitches out. it's REALLY ANNOYING but its not bad, you can get used to it, a little. Other than that good update.
Last edited by insergence on Dec 31 2012, edited 1 time in total.
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

TheCyab6a wrote:so when is update 4? :lol:
He said as an ICBM originating from Battlegoat's office detonates overhead. :D

Thanks for the patch BG, and getting it out on a Sunday no less.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

:D :D :D
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

MertcanKs wrote:
:D :D :D
No its when is update 4 beta v1.00 to be exact :-) now that BG release betas which is a very good thing.

I myself am hanging back and letting them rest. To be honest I would myself say we should get a expansion too see any more improvements on this game.

The size of the timescale this current game has is too long to be worked on by patches alone and if BG were to invest more time into it, I would say they should expect to get some pennies for their time.

Personally, I would quite happily pay for an upgrade if the time was spent on fine tuning the existing game e.g. Research and construction with maybee a new feature to make it count as an upgrade and not a patch as we know people whine if they think an upgrade is just a patch (peeps will know what im on about re:- Battlefronts combat mission battle for normandy v2.00 upgrade).

For now I am liking what I am seeing in v3 and just letting the game run a few more years to check earth economy stability etc.
Last edited by goulash on Jan 01 2013, edited 1 time in total.
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

Norton antivirus found a thread on update 7.3.1 and auto deleted the file... Guess need to disable it to download and install, interesting if he will let me play afterwards... I think you should fix that issue somehow...
edit: no threads found after installation, update file added as trusted file, seems like its too new on norton...
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Observations so far (USA, Sandbox, etc).

--Economy
-much better. Really, really better. Mil Goods are properly valued now (with some variation) based on conflicts. In other words, supply/demand works!
-IGs. Seems to be less in the world at start, but more stable overall production. Result is that the human player can't buy up 10M or so on the market at day 1 and cripple the rest of the world. Really good improvement.

--Pathing
- No more piles of doom! I actually tried to do a couple in the old criminal locations (I'm looking at you Cheasepeake Bay) but the game unstacked them quite nicely.

--General observations
-Combat AI seems to be about the same. I invaded the USSR (as USA) after taking out North Korea. USSR air operated out of China on occasion. but their ground forces (once I had driven them out of most of Siberia) kept stringing themselves out in long column that ran out of supply. No supply trucks, etc. just tanks and artillery.
-Allies. In the past, I'd have everybody show up for the war. Now, you only get the regional allies (e.g., Japan or Taiwan if fighting China, et al). This really helps with unit pathing. On the other hand, allies aren't joining in when I'm DoW'd on by the Soviet colonies. I think that is WAD (as I have no allies in central Asia region to come to help, etc.).
-Aircraft, etc. Planes are doing a much better job now of now running themselves out of gas. Appears the problem with the F4 Phantom is fixed, so they arent blowing up anymore when being flown across the USA.
-Trading. Seems that my allies, etc. are doing a better job of trading units. I had a short game as South Africa and had the Soviets offer transport planes in 1950
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

One significant change in the final Update 3 version is an adjustment to the world resource market... the world market now uses a "strategic reserve" system where it will not put all its stockpiles on the market at once. So, for example, if oil production is good and there are a lot of exporters, the market will stock up, and then release these stocks more gradually if there is a big demand.

This prevents the "one country buys it all" issue, and does a lot to smooth out the supply/demand issues. A side-effect is that there is also a more consistent market for selling goods (especially if the world market has room to "stock up"). It does make the resource part of the game a bit easier, but I think also more interesting and more realistic.

-- George.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Agreed George. It works really well and is a lot smoother--no strange boom/bust fluxuations in the market and allows the player to somewhat better balance their economy.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

If there's no fix on the horizon for the graphic glitch, I think I'm abandoning ship, until I have a computer that can actually run this excellent but annoyingly bugged game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

George and I spoke about it a bit today, not word yet...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I meant to add something about the improved game speed. USA, 1955, just took out the USSR. Literally a metric buttload of units all over the world.

I had, for the first time ever, to slow the game down to "normal" to keep it from running too fast.

Good job guys.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:George and I spoke about it a bit today, not word yet...
Well if you need anymore system details/diag reports or whatever, feel free to drop me a message...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

PyongYang wrote:
Balthagor wrote:George and I spoke about it a bit today, not word yet...
Well if you need anymore system details/diag reports or whatever, feel free to drop me a message...
As odd as it may seem, have you tried the "Nvidia Workaround" in the game options?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”