Update 3 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Available

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:Try using windowed mode where the game resolution is the same as your screen resolution. That's the best we've got for now.
That's what I was doing. I'm going to try windowed on the external monitor, hopefully it will improve matters slightly.

Fistalis wrote:Its not like Intel graphics doesn't have issues with other games. Its probably the most complained about GPUs when it comes to trying to run games. But I certainly hope it gets straigtened out.
True, IHD is in a LOT of stuff. Bizarrely, I risk-bought Skyrim and it's running ok...!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've noticed the facility maintenance stuff but had a hard time getting info out of him. I'm not in the office today so won't have any quick answers.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:I've noticed the facility maintenance stuff but had a hard time getting info out of him. I'm not in the office today so won't have any quick answers.
No rush.. there is so much changed in the Economy its going to take me a long while to sort it out. I mean just having inflation effects back means I would have to redo it anyway. I'm just poking at my mod since I finally have 3 days off, and although there are huge changes I can prob get it close to what I want.. he added some new tags we can mod etc as well. I'm just not gonna have it released as fast as I had hoped... :lol:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

No auto update for this ?

save compatible ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
openair
Lieutenant

Post by openair »

... i dont get it...

Military goods stockpile is still moving in a positive direction despite no production, no trades, and lots of demand/actual use...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@tkobo - It should auto update.

Saves would be compatible but would not get the same performance benefits. The game is not just faster, the AI doesn't do things now that previously caused slow down in the code. And there were map fixes/data fixes that you would be missing.

@openair - Is your AI scraping units? Is a colony giving you MGs? There is no message associated with colonies sending up stock.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
openair
Lieutenant

Post by openair »

Balthagor wrote:@tkobo - It should auto update.

Saves would be compatible but would not get the same performance benefits. The game is not just faster, the AI doesn't do things now that previously caused slow down in the code. And there were map fixes/data fixes that you would be missing.

@openair - Is your AI scraping units? Is a colony giving you MGs? There is no message associated with colonies sending up stock.
No, no. Balth... we went over this 5 times in the last beta update thread (asked for and sent 2 saved games). I last reported military goods are being added (instead of subtracted?) to the stockpile every time units are entering the queue. With no further response.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

doesnt seem to auto-update.Have tried 4 times now.Takes me to the page,and tells me im already updated.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@tkobo - okay, I'll check into it.

@openair - a yes, I remember it, I'll have to check my notes. Working from home today, so won't be till later in the week. I do remember that when I checked your savegame I was able to "stabilize" the situation. Also, no one has reported anything else like this. There is a high probability it's working as it should and we just aren't seeing what's creating the situation.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
openair
Lieutenant

Post by openair »

Balthagor wrote:@tkobo - okay, I'll check into it.

@openair - a yes, I remember it, I'll have to check my notes. Working from home today, so won't be till later in the week. I do remember that when I checked your savegame I was able to "stabilize" the situation. Also, no one has reported anything else like this. There is a high probability it's working as it should and we just aren't seeing what's creating the situation.
Maybe. It isn't related to unit construction like i thought, or at least isn't anymore. Disabling all unit construction still causes the stockpile to grow. I am playing india in a sandbox. I have no colonies to give me military goods, and i almost never agree to trade deals (am 99% sure i didn't this game).

Also others not reporting this, because of the nature of this, unless someone was looking for a problem, they wont have anything to report. It is not game disabling/hindering but actually helpful. For example: In the normal course of play, i would guestimate and build so many military goods production facilities, and then never look at demand/production very closely again. Unless i got shortage warnings or high negative trades. This prevents shortages and the need for trades... Prevents what would trigger the average player to closely monitor their military goods.
Last edited by openair on Dec 31 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

openair wrote:...unless someone was looking for a problem, they wont have anything to report...
Hopefully your mentioning it causes others to watch for it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

I have my steam version of the game up to date.

step 1) ensure you disable steam from keeping your game up to date.

step 2) install the patches in this order:

SRCW-Update-7-2-1
SRCW-Update-7-2-2
SRCW-Update-7-2-45 beta
SRCW-Update-7-2-59 beta
SRCW-Update-7-2-72 beta
SRCW-Update-7-2-73 beta
SRCW-Update-7-3-1

You might be able to skip the beta patches i'm not sure but I think Balthagor would know.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Theoretically, you should be able to install 7.3.1 only. It contains all previous patches. Just stop steam from doing the updates for now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:doesnt seem to auto-update.Have tried 4 times now.Takes me to the page,and tells me im already updated.
K, checked with George and he confirmed it's not set up for auto update yet. That should get done by next week.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pantufas
Corporal

Post by Pantufas »

I dont know how you got the update to work with steam , mines always says "installation not found" :-? ...

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”